Bears' receivers beating a bad rep

Bears' receivers beating a bad rep

There are 11 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 11, 2008, titled Bears' receivers beating a bad rep. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Usually they meet after practice without their coaches. Whether the Bears wide receivers and quarterback Kyle Orton use that time to get to know their opponents better or each other doesn't matter to receivers ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Da Church of Da Coach

Macomb, IL

#1 Oct 11, 2008
Interesting article. I'll be first to admit that if Daryl Drake said "Hey we're going to let go of Moose and Bernard and be better this year" ... I would have had him drug tested before I fired him. But Orton stepping up and being a leader is great. I still wish we had a true "go-to" guy but maybe that's Brandon Lloyd when he's healthy. I'd still like to see Brandon Rideau he reminds me a lot of Marcus Robinson.

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#2 Oct 11, 2008
I agree, interesting article with telling insights! Orton is showing some really good leadership skills on the field, now this confirms leadership in meetings etc.

Davis might be the go-to guy, and the tight ends impress me lately! We have a lot of players to evaluate including Rideau, Bennett and Mike Hass (brought back to the practice squad).

Go Bears! I hope Falcons game is as fun to watch as Lions!
Bigbear

United States

#3 Oct 11, 2008
I like what I read and see on gameday. The receivers have a lot to prove to themselves. Orton is playing solid. It seems, the Bears are real contenders. Lets hammer those Falcons. Go Bears!

Since: Oct 08

Dane, WI

#4 Oct 12, 2008
If the Bears stop Turner this game is won by turn overs! Time for the Defense to explode on this falcons team and show how harsh they can be! Then everybody in the news will see these Bears are on the playoff path
GO BEARS
Chad

Great Falls, MT

#5 Oct 12, 2008
Berrian is a QB Killer. I said it when he first signed with the Vikes that T. Jackson wouldn't last the season. He lasted like 3 games although to be fair he was mostly to blame. Berrien is soft and frequently makes huge mental errors. He and a weak O-line were the leading cause of all three QB's getting picked about 2-3 times a game.

I still remember that block he whiffed that led to Jason Mckie getting stopped on the one yard line. He should have been benched the rest of the year for that. Enjoy him Vike fans he is all yours.

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#6 Oct 12, 2008
My perfect world: Lovie decides to sit Harris again and Harrison and Idonije and Dvorcek continue going strong. Tommie, your time has come and gone.....you overpaid head case!
Stratmaster

Cordova, TN

#7 Oct 12, 2008
I give up. The Bears beat the worst defense in football. they have given up an average of 37 points a game. san Francisco put up 31 points against them. Suddenly we have a great QB, great receivers etc. I am all for optimism folks, and the game gave me some hope. Now we are about to face another poor defense. The lowest point total against Atlanta this year is 21, and that was DETROIT. We should score 30 again today if we have any clue on offense. We don't play a decent defense until Green Bay in week 11; 5 games from now. By then the coaches and players o offense wl have had plenty of time to hone their game, and if they can perform up until and through that game I will drink the kool-aid along with y'all.
Sorry, i'll have to change my SN to "Downer"
EBF

Evanston, IL

#9 Oct 12, 2008
The wide recievers are doing a decent job so far, but with Matt Forte and the tightends contributing as pass catchers,Chicago's looking pretty good. Maybe Bennett and Wolfe will get some opportunities as the season goes on. Who needs a #1 target? Having a lot of different players capable of catching balls all over the field puts defenses in this conundrum...which one do we go after?
That guy

Downers Grove, IL

#10 Oct 12, 2008
Orton's improved performance is directly proportional to the restoration of the dreaded Neck Beard.
mad democrat

United States

#11 Oct 12, 2008
Stratmaster is the dumbest fan to come on this forum yet. Giving up 37 to San Fran? It was pre-season you fool. And who has scored 37 points on the Bears this year in the regular season? Just get a new team, because you must be either a troll or don't watch the games or extremely incompetent.Maybe your the women who McCain had to tell Obama isn't a Arab at his rally.
That guy

Downers Grove, IL

#12 Oct 12, 2008
mad democrat wrote:
Stratmaster is the dumbest fan to come on this forum yet. Giving up 37 to San Fran? It was pre-season you fool. And who has scored 37 points on the Bears this year in the regular season? Just get a new team, because you must be either a troll or don't watch the games or extremely incompetent.Maybe your the women who McCain had to tell Obama isn't a Arab at his rally.
Arab or muslim marxist, to-may-to or to-mah-to. Same difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rashied Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears QB Jay Cutler Looking Great During Rehab (Jun '11) Jun '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Minnesota Vikings fall short in comeback, lose ... (Oct '08) Nov '10 Harry 221
News Jay Cutler takes the field for the Chicago Bears (May '09) Nov '10 40for60 158
News Bears searching for Cutler's backup (May '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 9
News WR spot open heading into Bears' preseason finale (Sep '09) Sep '09 IAVikeFan 1
News Trio of Bears wideouts still battling for roste... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tucker 1
News Chicago Bears likely receiving corps looks good... (Aug '09) Aug '09 brett 2
More from around the web