Chicago Bear Marcus Freeman will lear...

Chicago Bear Marcus Freeman will learn behind Lance Briggs

There are 19 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 2, 2009, titled Chicago Bear Marcus Freeman will learn behind Lance Briggs. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

His infectious smile and articulate tone make rookie Marcus Freeman a logical comparison to another Bears linebacker.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Guiseppe

North Las Vegas, NV

#1 May 2, 2009
I have a feeling that the two recivers we picked up are going to be studs. I also think Aflava Is going to be a steal. He fits into are schem perfect hes a hard hitting strong safty.and Freeman is a stud. as well as the d tackle we picked up. Not to mention Knox is a pure burner with hands of gold. He doesnt drop anything and makes his routes a lot easyer to run because teams will respect his speed. We are the sleeper in the NFC
Dean

Moline, IL

#2 May 2, 2009
Call me Al Davis but I like the idea of having Hester and Knox on the field and the same time, there is some serious speed right there.
Mel

United States

#3 May 2, 2009
Hello, Johnny Knox. Bu-bye Rashied Davis. Bears don't have a habit of cutting 4th round draft picks. And it looks like Knox holds onto the ball. Game, set, match Johnny Knox. Rashied, you'll love Detroit or Minnesota.
BearsFan2

Bradenton, FL

#4 May 3, 2009
Lovie better get the defense working, or it'll be bye bye Lovie!!!!!
Glenn

Fairborn, OH

#5 May 3, 2009
Mel, I hope your correct.
rickm

Nokomis, FL

#6 May 3, 2009
hmmm - reminds the bears of briggs - everyone on the edens expressway watch out for the next few months
CubbieGirl

United States

#7 May 3, 2009
BearsFan2 wrote:
Lovie better get the defense working, or it'll be bye bye Lovie!!!!!
Ahh,another typical fair weather fan. You are Stupid,sorry but Lovie is not going anywhere. He has been a great coach for us. Without the star players even. Lovie has 2 division championships and a super bowl birth! In the last 4 years the Bears have won 40 games. Only the Giants have won more during that span in the NFC! Lovie is definitely Not on the hot seat,get a Clue. You should do your research before making stupid comments. Are you even a Bear Fan? By reading your comments,one would think not. Go Bears,NFC North Champions in 2009.
CubbieGirl

United States

#8 May 3, 2009
Mel wrote:
Hello, Johnny Knox. Bu-bye Rashied Davis. Bears don't have a habit of cutting 4th round draft picks. And it looks like Knox holds onto the ball. Game, set, match Johnny Knox. Rashied, you'll love Detroit or Minnesota.
I am almost certain Rashied Davis will be history! We have the players now,so we can let that no-catch receiver go bye bye! Knox really intrigues me,this guy ran a 4.34 in the 40!!! Apparently he runs good routes and has good hands as well. I see Hester,Bennett,Iglesias and Knox giving the Bears & Cutler a Good receiving core,with Speed! Plus we have two of the better tight ends in Football. Dont forget about Matt Forte,he should have a big year with Cutler and the threat of the deep ball. Cutler should be able to pick teams apart this year. Cutler also has a good O-line as well to protect him. As a Die Hard Cub & Bear fan. I am excited about my Bears this year,I cant wait for them to play! Go Bears NFC North Champs in 2009.
Barney

Ogden, UT

#9 May 3, 2009
CubbieGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh,another typical fair weather fan. You are Stupid,sorry but Lovie is not going anywhere. He has been a great coach for us. Without the star players even. Lovie has 2 division championships and a super bowl birth! In the last 4 years the Bears have won 40 games. Only the Giants have won more during that span in the NFC! Lovie is definitely Not on the hot seat,get a Clue. You should do your research before making stupid comments. Are you even a Bear Fan? By reading your comments,one would think not. Go Bears,NFC North Champions in 2009.
CubbieGirl your posts makes it clear you are a follower and don't understand reason so I will make this simple for you. You are an Idiot.
Bears4ever

Renton, WA

#11 May 3, 2009
I heard from a friend who got to watch a few hours of mini-camp that C. Patton looked like a stud, could be a great back-up to Cutler. Maybe not this year, but he is 6-5, 225 and has a rocket for an arm. Here's hoping.
BearsFan2

Bradenton, FL

#12 May 4, 2009
CubbieGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, Lovie better get the defense together next year, or he's bye bye. He certainly isn't our coach for his offensive mind. there are far better out there and available than him for that.

With Cutler, some of those ready to get back into coaching would be more than happy to come to Chicago.

If the defense plays well, but we still don't win the division, he'll get to stick around. But if his defense fails again under his leadership, it is bye bye Lovie
CubbieGirl

United States

#13 May 4, 2009
Barney wrote:
<quoted text>
CubbieGirl your posts makes it clear you are a follower and don't understand reason so I will make this simple for you. You are an Idiot.
Really,Barney from Utah? And what did you add to the conversation? You Just said I am an idiot and a follower? I added statistics and knowledge to the post. Again,what did you add? Thats what I thought "Nothing". So who is the follower & the idiot? Thats right it is You!! Typical response from a fair weather Mormon in Utah! You dont do Pro Football in Utah(cant play on Sunday)! You should stick to religion & green Jello idiot. You obviously dont have any sports knowledge! Good Luck,Loser!! Go Bears!!
david

United States

#14 May 4, 2009
Barney wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree with cubbiegirl,you are a loser. i hate people like you who only post to call names or trash talk other posters.so look in the mirror chump cause you are the loser around here.at least the girl knows her football.what do you know,you didnt add anything to the article.did you not learn anything from church yesterday.mormons are rude and uptight.they cant drink or have sex.
Missel

Omaha, NE

#15 May 4, 2009
I Like Lovie! This Years Bears, and Our Chances to Win! But with that being said, Lovie DID screw up having Babich running our D-Fence the past couple years.... Hopefully he has solved the problem by calling the plays himself this year. I'm not gonna bring up the stats (because I'll puke) Chico should still be our D coordinator still.... I think we got a few steals this year in the Draft, Jay Cutler will BE HUGE for our Offense, and Forte barring injury(please lord let him be healthy) is gonna be a Pro Bowler! With All this Being Said, BEAR DOWN AND WHIP PACKER ASS FELLAS!
Missel

Omaha, NE

#16 May 4, 2009
PS. Leave Cubbiegirl Alone, Real Fans are Optimistic! Believe!

2009 SuperBowl Champs "Chicago Bears"
truth talker

Elmhurst, IL

#17 May 4, 2009
I sure hope he doesn't learn how to drive a car! Briggs can sure show him how to get out of drunken driving charge though but it will cost you a 100k sports car. Just what the Bears need is someone who can teach the rookies how to get by with things.
liquid

Chicago, IL

#18 May 5, 2009
3 of 8 is throwing the ball well? Wow!
allchifan

United States

#19 May 21, 2009
I hope anybody replaces Davis, heck I even could...I can drop as many as he does....get that boy out of uniform....
david

United States

#21 May 31, 2009
I have a small johnson and use tweezers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rashied Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears QB Jay Cutler Looking Great During Rehab (Jun '11) Jun '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Minnesota Vikings fall short in comeback, lose ... (Oct '08) Nov '10 Harry 221
News Jay Cutler takes the field for the Chicago Bears (May '09) Nov '10 40for60 158
News Bears searching for Cutler's backup (May '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 9
News WR spot open heading into Bears' preseason finale (Sep '09) Sep '09 IAVikeFan 1
News Trio of Bears wideouts still battling for roste... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tucker 1
News Chicago Bears likely receiving corps looks good... (Aug '09) Aug '09 brett 2
More from around the web