5 ways Orton can succeed in the Bears...

5 ways Orton can succeed in the Bears' offense

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 5, 2008, titled 5 ways Orton can succeed in the Bears' offense. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Orton's strength is his accuracy and his ability to give wide receivers a chance to gain yards after the catch, a key component of the West Coast offense.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#1 Sep 5, 2008
QUOTE:

1. Hit receivers in stride.

Orton's strength is his accuracy and his ability to give wide receivers a chance to gain yards after the catch, a key component of the West Coast offense. That must continue as teams learn how reliant the Bears may have to be on the short passing game./END QUOTE

NO a KEY COMPONET IS TO HIT RUNNERS IN ---STRIDE--- for YAC's, Not the
-stop-
-turn around-
-catch-
-turn back around-
then attempt to run but at that point you have everybody and there mothers pet poodle up the recievers poop chute....big weakness for the bears offensive dynamics
i stopped ready here and glanced at the rest of the article and realized that david is clueless and a habitual orton jock sniffer...

“Let's rock!!”

Since: Oct 07

Aurora, IL

#2 Sep 5, 2008
_DiMz_ wrote:
QUOTE:
Orton's strength is his accuracy and his ability to give wide receivers a chance to gain yards after the catch, a key component of the West Coast offense. That must continue as teams learn how reliant the Bears may have to be on the short passing game./END QUOTE
-stop-
-turn around-
-catch-
-turn back around-
then attempt to run but at that point you have everybody and there mothers pet poodle up the recievers poop chute....big weakness for the bears offensive dynamics
i stopped ready here and glanced at the rest of the article and realized that david is clueless and a habitual orton jock sniffer...
Good points! However, contained passes to competent offensive backs with good hands can stretch things out. Our AP did a good job of that last season as I recall, he was leading receiver in a few games & didn't drop the ball like Benson would.

I saw them using this approach with Forte during camp & the kid also has good hands. This plays to Orton's short-ball passing skills.

See why we let Moose and Berrian go? No real downfield threat...I guess Bears management knew that Orton was going to win the competition all along. And I was sure it was going to be Grossman because of the history.

Fuggit, go Bears!
Kyle Is Our Guy

Cleveland, OH

#3 Sep 7, 2008
_DiMz_ wrote:
QUOTE:
-stop-
-turn around-
-catch-
-turn back around-
A Lot you know.

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#4 Sep 8, 2008
Kyle Is Our Guy wrote:
<quoted text>A Lot you know.
Thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rashied Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears QB Jay Cutler Looking Great During Rehab (Jun '11) Jun '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Minnesota Vikings fall short in comeback, lose ... (Oct '08) Nov '10 Harry 221
News Jay Cutler takes the field for the Chicago Bears (May '09) Nov '10 40for60 158
News Bears searching for Cutler's backup (May '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 9
News WR spot open heading into Bears' preseason finale (Sep '09) Sep '09 IAVikeFan 1
News Trio of Bears wideouts still battling for roste... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tucker 1
News Chicago Bears likely receiving corps looks good... (Aug '09) Aug '09 brett 2
More from around the web