Been there, didn't do that

Been there, didn't do that

There are 20 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Jul 24, 2008, titled Been there, didn't do that. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Nathan Vasher hasn't spoken to Devin Hester . But Vasher knows exactly what Hester's thinking.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

moe

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 24, 2008
joe
GGmoney

Warrenville, IL

#3 Jul 25, 2008
What are the bears waiting for? They should have been creative and given him a bonus after last year, he has done it for two year straight seasons. The guy had 6 tds last year, returned the opening kickoff in the super bowl and gave them great field position all year. Think about the field position he gives an offense. 2 first downs and your on the others side of the field. I hope it gets done quick, because if Orton plays and stays healthy, we should have a 16 or 17th ranked offense. That wins the NFC North with our defense.
By the way, did Grossman get any taller over the offseason Haugh? I can't believe how much Haugh likes Grossman. I like how everybody loves Grossman's upside, is he a rookie and 2nd year player? Nooooooo, he's a veteran, upside. Wow, Dave have more Kool-Aid at Halas Hall.
ron

Normal, IL

#4 Jul 25, 2008
pay the man you cheap
NFL Contracts

Hillsborough, NJ

#5 Jul 25, 2008
Yeah show up to camp, possibly get hurt then cut without a new deal and your $400k salary taken from you because even that is not guaranteed money. Hester should hold out until he gets paid.
Goldielocks

San Angelo, TX

#6 Jul 25, 2008
Wahhhh!!!! Wahhhh!!!!

Trade the big cry baby! He wants big bucks as a proven 1st. string wide receiver???? Give me a break!
Mike

United States

#7 Jul 25, 2008
Without Hester the Bears have ZERO playmakers on offense. If you're going to pay Urlacher you got to pay Hester. He deserves it.
RAO

Peoria, IL

#8 Jul 25, 2008
There is something called injury insurance, where an athlete can buy a multi-million $$ policy to protect against career threatening injury.
Gayle

Washington, DC

#9 Jul 25, 2008
Do you think Goldielocks is really Cedric Benson incognito? Pay the man the money as he is the only offense the Bears have had.
Bigbear

Costa Mesa, CA

#10 Jul 25, 2008
No showing up, no negotiations. He is a hell of a returner, but still has to prove he can be an average receiver.
Wally

United States

#11 Jul 25, 2008
Hester is a great return guy, but that's it. He couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the "c" and the "t", so there's no way he will ever grasp the routes he has to know as a receiver. Since the shelf life of returners is historically very short, the Bears would be prudent to hold on before foolishly throwing several million dollars at him.
Goldielocks

San Angelo, TX

#12 Jul 25, 2008
Gayle wrote:
Do you think Goldielocks is really Cedric Benson incognito? Pay the man the money as he is the only offense the Bears have had.
Wrong!! I'll give you a hint....first name Alonzo.. last name Spellman..

got it???
Realist

United States

#13 Jul 25, 2008
So "Goldielocks" is really Alonzo Spellman?

Goldy, to prove you are really #90, submit me a blood sample with lots of dianabol in it. Or instead, you can just look really really promising, but never live up to the hype (or your pay). That's how I'd identify Alonzo Spellman.
Dr Rumack

United States

#14 Jul 25, 2008
Hey, wasn't Eugene Parker Cedric Benson's agent as well???

Since: Mar 08

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Jul 25, 2008
He doesn't deserve any big deal anyhow, he's only a returner right now. He'll never be a top notch receiver and nobody will pay him want he wants to just be a returner. He needs to suck it up and report to camp and realize his role on the team.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#16 Jul 25, 2008
These contracts should be shorter and more incentive laden
W-T-F

San Jose, CA

#17 Jul 25, 2008
Mr. Haugh you aren't Hemingway either. Hester is not Vasher. He is a choice, exciting play maker...he may be of Jim Brown quality, time will tell. But right now the Chicago mentality needs to be put aside. Getting tough with him makes us all losers, we won't be able to see what he comes up with next.

I grew up watching Jim Brown do his thing,trust me, it never, never gets old.

For the 33% that voted to trade him, I guess you voted for Todd boy too. Guess we are stuck with some numb **** here in Chicago.
cause n effect

Elk Grove Village, IL

#18 Jul 25, 2008
if hester was all about himself he wouldve complained a lot earlier. haugh if your boss wasnt payin you fairly would you keep your mouth shut? i dont think so you would be whining like you always do. hester deserves to get paid considering he was the bears only offense last year. they didnt take him seriously because he was too nice/quiet. desmond clark got his money before hester...get paid hester forget the haters
Gross Rexman

Miami, FL

#19 Jul 25, 2008
Devin Hester
You're the bester
I just had to get that
off of my chester
quills

United States

#20 Jul 25, 2008
If these guys were so smart why didn't they just sign a free agent contract for 1 or 2 years instead of 4-5 years? Then they could demand anything they wanted after 1 or 2 years. Hester sure isn't a no. 1 receiver. Last year he didn't even know where to line up and what did he catch, 1 long pass and dropped maybe 3 others? Granted he probably deserves more money as a returner but he is really stupid if he brings receiver into the mix because he sure hasn't become one of those yet. He is just doing that because they get more money than just return men within the league structure. Quit crying and just be a man about it. The Bears will take care of you in due time, they will rollover as they always do.
Goldielocks

San Angelo, TX

#21 Jul 26, 2008
Realist wrote:
So "Goldielocks" is really Alonzo Spellman?
Goldy, to prove you are really #90, submit me a blood sample with lots of dianabol in it. Or instead, you can just look really really promising, but never live up to the hype (or your pay). That's how I'd identify Alonzo Spellman.
You may contact my agent Barry Bonds if you like.....eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rashied Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears QB Jay Cutler Looking Great During Rehab (Jun '11) Jun '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Minnesota Vikings fall short in comeback, lose ... (Oct '08) Nov '10 Harry 221
News Jay Cutler takes the field for the Chicago Bears (May '09) Nov '10 40for60 158
News Bears searching for Cutler's backup (May '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 9
News WR spot open heading into Bears' preseason finale (Sep '09) Sep '09 IAVikeFan 1
News Trio of Bears wideouts still battling for roste... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tucker 1
News Chicago Bears likely receiving corps looks good... (Aug '09) Aug '09 brett 2
More from around the web