On-target Orton dispels doubt for Bears

Full story: Chicago Tribune
Showing more emotion than he had since winning the job, quarterback Kyle Orton pumped his fist in the air with a smile that showed as much relief as joy. Read more
marvin the mavin

Crawfordsville, IN

#1 Aug 22, 2008
David Haugh must be right! I just moved the Bears season from 3 and 13 to 4 and 12. Great coaching staff and GM.
Roger Laidig

AOL

#2 Aug 22, 2008
David. Greetings from Mishawaka. I miss your writing in the South Bend Tribune. Nice read on Orton. I'm a Purdue grad and obviously biased. That being said, I've never quite understood why everyone has been writing Kyle off. Sure, he has much yet to prove. Seems to me that based on his win-loss record, up until now, he's simply done what he's been asked to do... not lose ballgames. Now that he's been named the starter, hopefully his reigns will be freed up to see if he can win some games. Then it will be fair to judge and time will tell.
Jody

Rochester, NY

#3 Aug 23, 2008
That's probably the best I've seen Orton play. And that includes the 2005 season of wins, but yet 65-70 yard passing games. If Rex wants his job back, he needs to quit crying like a little baby and go out there and show a little pride. He isn't even playing half-a**!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rashied Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears QB Jay Cutler Looking Great During Rehab (Jun '11) Jun '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Minnesota Vikings fall short in comeback, lose ... (Oct '08) Nov '10 Harry 221
News Jay Cutler takes the field for the Chicago Bears (May '09) Nov '10 40for60 158
News Bears searching for Cutler's backup (May '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 9
News WR spot open heading into Bears' preseason finale (Sep '09) Sep '09 IAVikeFan 1
News Trio of Bears wideouts still battling for roste... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tucker 1
News Chicago Bears likely receiving corps looks good... (Aug '09) Aug '09 brett 2
More from around the web