Bradley just wasn't good fit for Bears

Full story: Chicago Tribune

One of the mysteries of the NFL is why Mark Bradley did not become a productive starter for the Bears.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Stratmaster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 11, 2008
 
Yep. Bradley didn;t fit in. Or Berrian. Or Moose. Or Jones. Or Ced. Or, it would appear, Rex. Funny how all the guys who come to the Bears touted as having all the skills on offense just don;t fit in. Meanwhile, the workmanlike guys with limited skills, Orton, forte, Lloyd, booker. They all fit in fine.

Why is it that the Bears can't seem to coach or figure out how to use highly skilled offensive players?
JCA

Bel Air, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 11, 2008
 
LOL.....

That's the first time in several years I've heard someone refer to Cedrick Bensen as a "highly skilled offensive player." Thanks for the belly laugh.

It's because the coaches, much like Chicago fans, won't put up with too much bull. T.O. is a "highly skilled offensive player." Can you see him succeeding in the Chicago scheme? The common element about the players you mention is not that they are "workmanlike" players, but that they are team players.
Luke

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 11, 2008
 
Berrian wanted more money

Moose dropped more balls than I care to remember for his price tag

Jones wanted more more money and we had a top 5 pick behind him

Benson was a idiot from day one

I like Bradley but coaches only wait so long

Forte has limited skills ?

roflmaoiggmsbbq
Dean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 11, 2008
 
I agree that Grossman will be a starter, but with another team. I wish they would make the trade and get on with it. Rex will never get the respect he should get for getting the team to the Super Bowl.
Stratmaster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 11, 2008
 
Hmmmm...

Moose was all-pro before the Bears, and has 218 yards and 2 TD's in his last two games. But at any rate, my comment had nothing to do with whether the players were as good as advertised. The point is that whether they are poor judges of talent, or unable to coach talent, there is a common recurring thing here.

And yes, Forte has limited talent when compared to great RB's. He breaks one run and suddenly he is Gale Sayers. Again, I am not dissing Forte. He will be a solid starting RB, but no more, no less.

Kinda like Kyle Orton ahs a big game agains probably the 2nd worst team in football and suddenly Mike Downey is comparing him to "the two mannings" etc. etc.
Stratmaster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 11, 2008
 
JCA wrote:
****.....
That's the first time in several years I've heard someone refer to Cedrick Bensen as a "highly skilled offensive player." Thanks for the belly laugh.
It's because the coaches, much like Chicago fans, won't put up with too much bull. T.O. is a "highly skilled offensive player." Can you see him succeeding in the Chicago scheme? The common element about the players you mention is not that they are "workmanlike" players, but that they are team players.
won't pt up with too much bull? we seem to put up with plenty of it on the Defensive side of the ball. So they weren't team players? you mean like Urlacher. Or Briggs?
Brett

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 11, 2008
 
Trade Hester?
STFU
Luke

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 11, 2008
 
Stratmaster wrote:
Hmmmm...
Moose was all-pro before the Bears, and has 218 yards and 2 TD's in his last two games. But at any rate, my comment had nothing to do with whether the players were as good as advertised. The point is that whether they are poor judges of talent, or unable to coach talent, there is a common recurring thing here.
And yes, Forte has limited talent when compared to great RB's. He breaks one run and suddenly he is Gale Sayers. Again, I am not dissing Forte. He will be a solid starting RB, but no more, no less.
Kinda like Kyle Orton ahs a big game agains probably the 2nd worst team in football and suddenly Mike Downey is comparing him to "the two mannings" etc. etc.
Again how many balls did Moose drop ? he played in 2 pro bowls but in contract years no doubt .

Yeah Forte is limited hwne compared to payton or Sayers WTH does that mean ? It just proves how ridiculous your original comments were to begin with.

Orton had a big game but his numbers are not based solely on that one game.His numbers as were the numbers of the player he was comparing orton was based on all 5 the games played this season.

Downey was talking facts you are talking hate and misdirection.

The one reoccurring theme with all those guys was money and production.
Rich W

Chippewa Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 11, 2008
 
Dean wrote:
I agree that Grossman will be a starter, but with another team. I wish they would make the trade and get on with it. Rex will never get the respect he should get for getting the team to the Super Bowl.
Grossman got the Bears to the Super Bowl...did he get any help from the defese?

Talking heads don't carry much weight with me but...I seem to remember the talking heads asking was Grossman the worse QB to ever start in a Super Bowl.

Grossman will be a starter for somebody else. I sure hope so and it is somebody we play twice a year our defense needs a stat booster.

Go Bears.
Nittygritty34

Moscow, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 11, 2008
 
Nice cop out Pompous. You were trying to get a cheap Grossman laugh like everybody else on this site. Why do people love to hate on this guy? still. I don't get it. He's had his problems, sure, but we won with him, with the exception of 2 games to start 07 season. He took us to his superbowl in his first full season as a starter. Yeah, he watched film for three years before that, but I've watched film for 30 years, and I'm no quarterback. If the Bears would have been patient with him for a few more years, he would've been a very good NFL qb. I understand why they weren't. Because the window is too small to win a title, and with our defense, they couldn't afford to be patient. All that aside, when are people going to quit with all the hating. He's our second string quarterback. Let's stop bashing the guy, at least until he screws up again.
Just one thought

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 11, 2008
 
And if they had traded Hester for draft picks, who's to say that they wouldn't have drafted guys like the other guys you're talking about who didn't fit in? That seems to be the more likely scenario. How many 2005 draft picks are still with the Bears again?
Dino

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 11, 2008
 
The Bears need to keep both Orton and Grossman long term. Neither QB has shown themselves to be that much better then the other. Developing QB's has been such a problem thats it's worthwhile to keep both if it's not too salary prohibitive.
WrecksAlwaysSux

King Of Prussia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 11, 2008
 
Yeah, Justin Gage didn't fit either. Look what he's doing now for the 5-0 Titans. Jeff Graham was let go in favor of Michael Timpson and out went Erik Kamer and Curtis Conway's effectiveness. On the other hand, Devin Hester, who has never played wide receiver on a semi-regular basis even in college, gets paid like a starting wide receiver.
WrecksAlwaysSux

King Of Prussia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 11, 2008
 
In the meantime, a mentally midgety stiff with short stubby arms like Wrecks is still hogging a roster spot... What a joke.
J W Chi

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 11, 2008
 
Everyone here is bemoaning keeping both Orton and Grossman. What about developing Caleb Hanie? Or is he going to sit on the bench and hold the clipboard just to waste away, till the next draft when they choose another 3rd string QB? Hanie shows more Talent,poise and promise than Grossman ever has shown. The Bears should unload Grossman. Promote Hanie to Backup QB,(there will be a great improvement over Grossman there)Draft a young QB in the 3rd, 4th or 5th rounds, the best QB available in the draft in 2009 for 3rd string.

At least with Hanie we have a shot at a Serviceable Backup now and possibly a Starter for some time to come. We would have a rookie QB that has some poise, not like old Rex-monger the old Deer in the headlights QB, that every time he is in at QB freezes like a 15 cent freeze pop in a ice house. Then we will finally be rid of the Orton vs Grossman controversy forever.

The talk here of trading Hester is ludicrous. Any time we have any player that has any talent there is some yokel in fandom, squawking that we should trade him away for draft picks. With the way the Draft has been going for the Bears they would have a 30-40% chance of getting anyone that would be any good. Mind you now, there are some good examples of excellent draft choices, Hester, Forte to name a few, this last 2 drafts. But the chances are that old Angelo will take the advice of Smith and draft a another pet rock er I mean pet project a very high!
Poor Writer

Mount Prospect, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 11, 2008
 
What a terrible article by Pompei... Any one disagree?

Sometimes I really have to ask myself why I read these guys.

Most of them should be doing something else for a living.

Maybe they write such c.r.a.p. just to get a rise out of us.

Otherwise why write such a poor article?
Dave

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 12, 2008
 
I hope Bradley does well. This is a tough league and everyone wants to jump on players when they don't have immediate success. In this league, there is a very small margin between great and not good enough. Maybe if Bradley gets healthy and some reps, he will break through. I don't blame the Bears for cutting him as I think both sides needed a change - the Bears couldn't count on him and Bradley needs a fresh start. Mark Bradley is clearly a talent, even if injuries held him back here. Good luck, Mark, except for when you play the Bears.

Since: Oct 08

Merrimac, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 12, 2008
 
lets all just watch this team win and leave the QB stuff @ the door! Orton is doing fine Rex if needed will do fine! And let Hanie grow to be are # 1 QB just like it should be were a rookie learns from everybody elses mistakes GO BEARS
MR KENNEDY

Rensselaer, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 12, 2008
 
Bearsnut is right Hanie should not be rushed into play ever.Hanie looked solid in preseason.Rex would be better off playing for another team next year, fresh start would be best for him.Rex has NFL arm and no mobility.
Stratmaster

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 12, 2008
 
Luke wrote:
<quoted text>
Again how many balls did Moose drop ? he played in 2 pro bowls but in contract years no doubt .
Yeah Forte is limited hwne compared to payton or Sayers WTH does that mean ? It just proves how ridiculous your original comments were to begin with.
Orton had a big game but his numbers are not based solely on that one game.His numbers as were the numbers of the player he was comparing orton was based on all 5 the games played this season.
Downey was talking facts you are talking hate and misdirection.
The one reoccurring theme with all those guys was money and production.
Talking hate? This is a sports board. Chill. I never used Payton and Sayers as a comparison to Forte so quit misrepresenting what I said. I mentioned he had one good run and others are comparing him to Sayers. Like I said, he is a good back. He isn't, and in my opinion will never be, a great back. Think a step below Neil Anderson. I've been wrong before and I hope I am this time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rashied Davis Discussions

Search the Rashied Davis Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bears QB Jay Cutler Looking Great During Rehab (Jun '11) Jun '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Minnesota Vikings fall short in comeback, lose ... (Oct '08) Nov '10 Harry 221
Jay Cutler takes the field for the Chicago Bears (May '09) Nov '10 40for60 158
Bears searching for Cutler's backup (May '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 9
WR spot open heading into Bears' preseason finale (Sep '09) Sep '09 IAVikeFan 1
Trio of Bears wideouts still battling for roste... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tucker 1
Chicago Bears likely receiving corps looks good... (Aug '09) Aug '09 brett 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••