Terrell Owens is a bad fit at receive...

Terrell Owens is a bad fit at receiver for the Chicago Bears

There are 90 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 5, 2009, titled Terrell Owens is a bad fit at receiver for the Chicago Bears. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Ignore all the chatter created Thursday in Chicago over the sudden availability of Hall of Fame-bound wide receiver Terrell Owens .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
tim

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 5, 2009
I'd take TO anyday!!!
Andrew

Saint Joseph, MI

#2 Mar 5, 2009
But the Bears should consider saying YES to Roy Williams @ safety
DA-NI

Lombard, IL

#3 Mar 5, 2009
THIS IS AS DUMB AS YOU CAN GET. T.O. WILL MAKE ORTON BETTER. WAIT HE WOULD BE THE 1ST AND DAMN NEAR ONLY OPTION, SO NO PROBS THERE. HE'LL MOVE THE CHAINS AND PUT POINTS UP ON THE BOARD AND MAKE THINGS VERY INTERESTING FOR MATT FORTE. HIS ATTITUDE WILL BE MORE IN CHECK BECAUSE CLEARLY THIS IS A SERIOUS WAKE UP CALL FOR HIM AT THIS POINT IN LIFE AND CAREER. THIS WOULD BE A CHEAP BUT YET THE GREATEST MOVE THEY'LL DO THIS OFF SEASON UNLESS THEY ALSO GET MICHAEL VICK. FAR AS ORTON IS CONCERNED HE'S NOT A STARTER IN THIS LEAGUE HE'S JUST THE BEST WE GOT CAUSE WE DONT LOOK. HE WOULD BE A GREAT #2 BUT NOT NUMBER ONE. HE CAN'T GET THE BALL DOWN FIELD BY NO MEANS AND THAT A MAJOR BLOW TO A OFFENSE CAUSE THAT THREAT OPE UP MANY OTHER PLAYS OBVIOUSLY. SO HAVING TO WILL HELP EVEN IF HE CANT CAUSE HE DOESN'T HAVE A TARGET HE CAN COUNT ON NOW! A COUPLE OF MOVES AND WE GOT A SHOT, WITH OUT THESE MOVES THIS BEARS TEAM IS SHOT. THEY COULD STILL PERFORM AT A RESPECTABLE LEVEL BUT WITH THE WHOLE AGE THING IF WE DON'T DO THIS THE BEARS OUT LOOK WILL BE WORE THAN THE RECESSION.
DA-NI
rocco

Nashville, TN

#4 Mar 5, 2009
When did Devin Hester manifest himself into a number one receiver? Last I checked he finished 46th in yards, 47th in receptions, and hauled in only 3 TD receptions. Four running backs had more receptions than Devin Hester (Matt Forte is one of them). Why do the Bears brass and the media insist that Devin needs a number two receiver to compliment him

WE NEED A #1!!!
ATLDre

Atlanta, GA

#5 Mar 5, 2009
rocco wrote:
When did Devin Hester manifest himself into a number one receiver? Last I checked he finished 46th in yards, 47th in receptions, and hauled in only 3 TD receptions. Four running backs had more receptions than Devin Hester (Matt Forte is one of them). Why do the Bears brass and the media insist that Devin needs a number two receiver to compliment him
WE NEED A #1!!!
Great point. Only Bears writers, Halas hall appointees and people who think a deep pass is the biggest key to winning football games even remotely think #1 receiver and Hester in the same sentence. I don't like the drama queen but I would sure give it a shot for a season. I can't wait to see how Drew Rosenhaus handles this.
Red

Palatine, IL

#6 Mar 5, 2009
Good. God. No. Keep that cancer as far away as possible.
Scott

Chicago, IL

#7 Mar 5, 2009
How can this be a bad move? TO would obviously know coming in that he is the #1 WR and that his job is develop Orton and put points on the board. His attitude would be in check because he has to know coming in that no #1 WR signs with the Bears if he wants to catch 100 balls...

Time for Angelo to stop pretending that the Super Bowl teams are built with good samaritans only...grow a pair Jerry and sign the guy!
Peeperguy

Akron, OH

#8 Mar 5, 2009
I knew someone would write an obligatory article on what the bears should do about TO, despite the fact they would never even entertain the possibility, I figured Haugh would write it..... I was right...
Francisco

Chicago, IL

#9 Mar 5, 2009
David, this was never an option for the Bears anyway. Don't fabricate stuff; they're not going to be acquiring anyone with a price tag like this all year long.
Lovie

Chicago, IL

#10 Mar 5, 2009
T.O. = Too Old.
Drew

Naperville, IL

#11 Mar 5, 2009
this article didn't have to be written. at this point, anyone who follows the bears at all knows damn well they won't consider anyone who will cost over $2m per season...they are the biggest misers this side of the mississippi...i wish someone would come up with a way of firing the owners.

(not that i think they should sign t.o)
MrL

Huntley, IL

#12 Mar 5, 2009
Dont want T.O. if we can get Torry Holt. If the Rams release him, there is no excuses. The Bears need to get 1 if not 2 WR's. He would be an immediate upgrade and could teach Hester.

How big of a splash would this be...sign Torry Holt and trade a #2 or #3 pick for Braylon Edwards. Let Devin be Devin...return kicks and punts and be a situational offensive player!
CubsTime

United States

#13 Mar 5, 2009
C'mon, enough already about football.
The cold weather sport is done for the year.
We can wait until next season for our loser bears.
Let's not hear any more until the next NFL player is arrested.
Chicago is Cubs town!
Lake O Bear Fan

West Palm Beach, FL

#14 Mar 5, 2009
...and they said the same things when Dennis Rodman came to the Bulls in the 90's and we all know how that worked out!
True Dat

Naperville, IL

#15 Mar 5, 2009
T.O. got T.Owned! See ya at the unemployment line 'cause no one is going to pick your sorry excuse of a football player @ss up ya jack leg!
Pinochio

United States

#16 Mar 5, 2009
And so is the tooth fairy. Really, write a realistic column for once.
Chris

Rockford, IL

#17 Mar 5, 2009
What a terrible article. Owens would come cheap, he would stretch the field, and put less pressure on Hester, Forte, and Orton, not to mention open up the middle for Olsen. If the Bears stand pat they will be battling Detroit for last place.
Scott Plocharczyk

Hickory Hills, IL

#18 Mar 5, 2009
All these fans who want TO will also be the first to lambaste the Bears for signing him when his hissy fits start in game two of the season
Over the Hill

Morrow, GA

#19 Mar 5, 2009
At least T.O. is still productive. Crybaby Urlacher rewarded the Bears' decision to restructure his contract with another subpar season.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#20 Mar 5, 2009
Apparently the Bears don't have ANY players worth discussing because all the Chicago papers keep addressing players that are NOT on the roster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rashied Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears QB Jay Cutler Looking Great During Rehab (Jun '11) Jun '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Minnesota Vikings fall short in comeback, lose ... (Oct '08) Nov '10 Harry 221
News Jay Cutler takes the field for the Chicago Bears (May '09) Nov '10 40for60 158
News Bears searching for Cutler's backup (May '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 9
News WR spot open heading into Bears' preseason finale (Sep '09) Sep '09 IAVikeFan 1
News Trio of Bears wideouts still battling for roste... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tucker 1
News Chicago Bears likely receiving corps looks good... (Aug '09) Aug '09 brett 2
More from around the web