Special eye needed to see Dolphins' plan

Special eye needed to see Dolphins' plan

There are 382 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 12, 2008, titled Special eye needed to see Dolphins' plan. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Day after Groundhog Day, brick after anonymous brick, you can watch the foundation being laid to whatever the Dolphins become next season, if you have the patience.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
john

Miami, FL

#1 Mar 12, 2008
I like the additions of these players. They are not superstars but they are on the upswing of their careers, we may possibly get one or two who become starters.In addition we are not breaking the bank. The draft will bring us the foundation for the future. I see rex hadnot signed with the browns, I doubt he will ever break their starting line up. The Browns have invested heavily the last 2-3 years in OL. Thats why they became good all of a sudden on offense.
BravPhin

Rutledge, GA

#3 Mar 13, 2008
This is a good article. IT is a reminder that football is the ultimate TEAM sport, that we shouldnt get carried away with names, or put too much value on any 1 player, even the QUARTERBACK. No 1 player in this sport can succeed without the help from teammates.
EggSpurt

AOL

#4 Mar 13, 2008
Great observations, Dave. When Ginn gets that seam, he'll be gone. It won't take long for teams to start squibbing it to us. Instant field position! Then there'll be the teams that will refuse to squibb and Ginn will be singing his own version of Hasta la Vista, Baby.

I know it's too early to get too excited, but now during the kick off, we'll be holding our breath for entirely different reasons than we did last year.
rule 303

Miami, FL

#5 Mar 13, 2008
When has special teams won anything?
MJM

Monroe, CT

#6 Mar 13, 2008
If you don't have a good special teams you'll never winn anything. It all starts there.
tpgp

Mohegan Lake, NY

#7 Mar 13, 2008
good article, love the way this team is being built
Eddie

Granby, Canada

#9 Mar 13, 2008
Good article. The Dolphins are adding depth and not just bodies. They added players whom can contribute in many ways and at the same time they are upgrading their special teams units. The players they picked up were level two guys on their previous teams but now they will be given the opportunity to compete for positions. They are fairly young, yet experienced and worth the risk considering the personnel under Mueller and Cameron.
Eddie

Granby, Canada

#10 Mar 13, 2008
Torbor is going to be a starting LB. He's ready to break out and a tremendous upgrade over Spragan.
Ginn

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Mar 13, 2008
Funny how all of you are excited about me now, after reading this article. But when Cam was the coach, you hated me. Here's a simple question - if Cam was still here adding all of this supporting cast (which is what Cam's offseason plan was) would you still be this excited about me?

Makes you wonder.

Since: Dec 07

West Palm Beach, FL.

#12 Mar 13, 2008
Ginn wrote:
Funny how all of you are excited about me now, after reading this article. But when Cam was the coach, you hated me. Here's a simple question - if Cam was still here adding all of this supporting cast (which is what Cam's offseason plan was) would you still be this excited about me?
Makes you wonder.
Good question. But Cam was not the GM - Randy Mueller was. And to speculate on what Mueller's next steps would be is just that - speculation without any evidence to support it.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with the Ginn pick - never was to begin with.

Since: Dec 07

West Palm Beach, FL.

#13 Mar 13, 2008
Great article Dave! You nailed it - and from a fan's perspective, it is great (and refreshing) to see a plan in operation. The Parcells group seems to be intent on totally reconstructing this team based on a philosophy - one that keeps them from overspending on older vets, acknowledging that this team must grow from a solid foundation of younger players, and through the draft. Again, as a fan, I am enjoying this, and I can't wait for the draft! Go Dolphins!
jlak

Norcross, GA

#14 Mar 13, 2008
i love the phins and i love the moves but gnn is no hester. Hester is the best ever return man. he is about to get a sick contract just for being the return man.
But these moves are solid. we have so much need that we cant afford to pay top dollar at every whole. I did want faneca though.

“Everything changes.”

Since: Nov 07

Hollywood, FL

#15 Mar 13, 2008
rule 303 wrote:
you obviously don't watch football enough...

Ask the chicago bears how their special teams helped them make it to the super bowl 2 years ago with 2 average qb's at the helm...(yes, their defense had a lot to do with that, but special teams helped push the offensive side)

IMHO Special teams is not THE answer, but it is important.
Rod

Westmont, IL

#16 Mar 13, 2008
rule 303 wrote:
Ask Chicago. Or the Packers when they had Desmond Howard. It's a beginning point. Here's a news flash for you.......The Dolphins have had 10 years of bad decisions and drafts. Exactly how do you propose it all gets fixed in one off season?
Dave

Albany, NY

#17 Mar 13, 2008
Great insight. Great article.
sam

Atlanta, GA

#19 Mar 13, 2008
tpgp wrote:
good article, love the way this team is being built
AGREE!
Reality

Schenectady, NY

#20 Mar 13, 2008
Patience huh Hyde? As fans we have been told that so long that we've become brain dead. Why do you even bring up the Johnson for get me not era. You might want to check back. It is groundhog day. A Cowboy coming in and bringing Cowboys. It failed! How about the last game of that ERROR ERA? Worst loss I've seen by a Dolphins team and the last for one Dan Marino. You either learn from the past or keep making the same mistakes. Being the Fins keep making the same mistakes I don't thing the word Patience should be used in a sentence when it comes to the Dolphins. How about a phrase"HERE WE GO AGAIN"

“Everything changes.”

Since: Nov 07

Hollywood, FL

#21 Mar 13, 2008
JETTATTACK wrote:
Special eye needed to see dolphin plan?
LMFAO
Heck, you need a special eye, special brain, & special smoking mirror to see the dolphins plan. ROTFLMFAO
It is hilariously obvious that Parcells & team are too lazy to do a proper talent search of the entire NFL teams.
Instead, they lazily pluck from Dallas based on familiarity, patrionics, & brain-fartness.
Now take the MIGHTY JETS, take notice of how a real team recruits in the offseason.
That is why the MIGHTY JETS never won only 1 game in a season.
A team that wins 1 game in a season should play with paperbags over their heads instead of helmets.
TO JETS OR NOT TO BE
LOL...you are SO wrong!!!

1996 - the NY Jets were 1-15
The previous year they were 3-13, in both cases the worst in the NFL.

Parcells came in in '97 and took them to the conference championship in '98!
blunt

Lake Worth, FL

#22 Mar 13, 2008
that would be nice if ted ginn and juice runs 5 kickoffs to the house.
Rich Kotite

King Of Prussia, PA

#23 Mar 13, 2008
JETTATTACK wrote:
Special eye needed to see dolphin plan?
LMFAO
Heck, you need a special eye, special brain, & special smoking mirror to see the dolphins plan. ROTFLMFAO
It is hilariously obvious that Parcells & team are too lazy to do a proper talent search of the entire NFL teams.
Instead, they lazily pluck from Dallas based on familiarity, patrionics, & brain-fartness.
Now take the MIGHTY JETS, take notice of how a real team recruits in the offseason.
That is why the MIGHTY JETS never won only 1 game in a season.
A team that wins 1 game in a season should play with paperbags over their heads instead of helmets.
TO JETS OR NOT TO BE
1996 Jets: 1-15

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rashied Davis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bears QB Jay Cutler Looking Great During Rehab (Jun '11) Jun '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Minnesota Vikings fall short in comeback, lose ... (Oct '08) Nov '10 Harry 221
News Jay Cutler takes the field for the Chicago Bears (May '09) Nov '10 40for60 158
News Bears searching for Cutler's backup (May '10) Jun '10 Bullfarts 9
News WR spot open heading into Bears' preseason finale (Sep '09) Sep '09 IAVikeFan 1
News Trio of Bears wideouts still battling for roste... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Tucker 1
News Chicago Bears likely receiving corps looks good... (Aug '09) Aug '09 brett 2
More from around the web