Revis' interception with :05 left saves Jets

Full story: Newsday

The unrelenting hype and hope for the season opener came down to this question: Could the quarterback the Jets cut loose to make room for his ballyhooed replacement hand the only franchise he'd ever known an ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Paul Malibu

Southampton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Well, the Jets have a pretty easy schedule. Maybe they could get 9 wins and slip into the playoffs. That would be major.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Paul Malibu wrote:
Well, the Jets have a pretty easy schedule. Maybe they could get 9 wins and slip into the playoffs. That would be major.
9 wins (LOL) well atleast 2 now with brady out (LMAO)
Jets Win

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Yeah keep laughing jerk-off. Brady's done for the year. All those who were talking sh-i_t about Favre being old and the Jets line is going to get him injured. Who's injured now, huh? Oh it's the younger guy who was going for Bretts record of consecutive games played. Oh well, I guess that ones going to be around a little longer. Sorry Boston, no NE great season this year. Sucks for you!
The Desert Cat

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Wow, Reevis and Lowery at the corners at Rhodes at safety. We could be seeing a lot of Jets in the pro bowl game the next fewe years. Reevis should make his first this year if she shuts down Randy Moss.
Jet Fan in SC

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

A win is a win....but, it sure looked like they tried to sit on the lead at 20-6. Failure to get a first down at the 2 minute mark was so typical of last season.The defense was "soft" on the last drive. They know Chad can't throw deep so why let him eat up yards 10-15 at a time? NE next week, lets make some improvements and kick a*s
RAIDER MISTERIO

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

cassel will ensure another jets victory just like penningtom did (LOL)
Teresa

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Judged:

The Desert Cat wrote:
Wow, Reevis and Lowery at the corners at Rhodes at safety. We could be seeing a lot of Jets in the pro bowl game the next fewe years. Reevis should make his first this year if she shuts down Randy Moss.
Amen--Rhodes should've been in the Pro Bowl last year!

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Judged:

This win left me with a very empty feeling. the Jets are a poorly coached team. When they made it 19-7 why not go for the 2 points? Then you have Dolphins 4th and 7 on the next to last drive and the pass rush disappears for the rest of the game. I hate the prevent defense. They didn't have one decent return and the punter stinks. Also does anyone out there have any faith in Nugent, even when healthy? They didn't protect Favre very well either.
venom

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

Judged:

Jet Fan in SC wrote:
A win is a win....but, it sure looked like they tried to sit on the lead at 20-6. Failure to get a first down at the 2 minute mark was so typical of last season.The defense was "soft" on the last drive. They know Chad can't throw deep so why let him eat up yards 10-15 at a time? NE next week, lets make some improvements and kick a*s
Miami had no timeouts, so the prevent WAS the right thing to do at that time
JETSATL

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

I agree with Scott K...the win left with an empty feeling as well...so did this quote by Brett in the CBS pre-show when asked how he felt about joining our JETS: What the hell am I doing? And I mean that in a positive way, if I can spin it that way."
Answer: NO you cant spin it in a positive way! Green Bay is over you Brett, GET OVER THEM AND PLAY!

Thank god Revis intercepted or we would be handed one of our most embarrasing wins in a long time.

Personally, I think Brett is a legend, and worthy of all the praise, however until he can get his head on straight that he is a NEW YORK JET, we have a tough road ahead.

Since: Mar 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

venom wrote:
<quoted text>Miami had no timeouts, so the prevent WAS the right thing to do at that time
They were in the prevent After Chad got a first down on 4th and seven on Miami's 2nd scoring drive. Obviously the Jets prevent D isn't very good. They easily could have lost.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

scott k wrote:
<quoted text>They were in the prevent After Chad got a first down on 4th and seven on Miami's 2nd scoring drive. Obviously the Jets prevent D isn't very good. They easily could have lost.
but add in the pennington factor (the fact he sucks) and miami lost (LOL)
Bill

Taylorsville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

venom wrote:
<quoted text>Miami had no timeouts, so the prevent WAS the right thing to do at that time
You are right about the time outs but you are an idiot for thinking that p*ss poor display of pass rush and secondary coverage is gonna get it. This is the same s*hit they pulled the last couple of seasons, the defensive coordinator needs to step up or STEP OUT.
RAIDER MISTERIO

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2008

all dolphins must step out (LOL)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Randy Starks Discussions

Search the Randy Starks Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NFL meetings notebook: Philbin to improve cultu... Apr 11 Coming to America 4
Vontae Davis: Dolphins' top draft pick arrested (Jun '09) Oct '13 Jets Blow 10,353
New Miami Dolphin Introduction: Philip Wheeler (May '13) May '13 Fishbreath 9
Report: Matt Moore to remain with Dolphins (Mar '13) Mar '13 Moore Benchtime 1
Talking Points: Miami Dolphins should have clea... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ginger Manager 1
2013 NFL Pro Bowl: The Miami Dolphins End Up Wi... (Jan '13) Jan '13 shakespear 1
Miami Dolphins 2013 Rumors: What's the biggest ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 JohnL 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••