Haynesworth Reaching Out to Gurode

Full story: The Associated Press

Albert Haynesworth wanted to say he's sorry. All he got was a lot of unanswered ringing and a voice mailbox that was full.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gomer

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 4, 2006
 
Interesting how they're always sorry after the fact..
craig

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 4, 2006
 
that sucks
Offended

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 4, 2006
 
If the jackass was so sorry why did he not only fling Gurode's helmet off but also stomp on his head........twice! No excuse. This goes way beyond unsportsmanlike conduct. He should be ashamed of himself for setting this kind of example for kids, especially his own.
INMATE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 4, 2006
 
NOBODY SAW WHAT GURODE DID TO ALBERT BEFORE THE VIDEO. HE MAY VERY WELL HAVE PROVOKED HIM BY STOMPING ON HIS TOE OR GIVING HIM AN UPPERCUT HID BY HIS FOREARM. ALBERT CATCHES ALL THE HEAT BECAUSE THE VIDEO CAUGHT HIM AT THE END OF THE INCIDENT. THEY DON'T CALL IT THE COLISEUM FOR NOTHING. THE ROMANS ENJOYED IT AND SO CAN WE. THEY PAY THEM ENOUGH TO TAKE THE HEAT. JUST ENJOY THE GAMES.
Tim

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 4, 2006
 
So basically 'Inmate' it was more of a black thang???? I see, keepin' it real. Thanks for clearing that up for us bro..... pathetic. What would Haynesworth dad say???? Oh that's right, he's nowhere to be found!
INMATE wrote:
NOBODY SAW WHAT GURODE DID TO ALBERT BEFORE THE VIDEO. HE MAY VERY WELL HAVE PROVOKED HIM BY STOMPING ON HIS TOE OR GIVING HIM AN UPPERCUT HID BY HIS FOREARM. ALBERT CATCHES ALL THE HEAT BECAUSE THE VIDEO CAUGHT HIM AT THE END OF THE INCIDENT. THEY DON'T CALL IT THE COLISEUM FOR NOTHING. THE ROMANS ENJOYED IT AND SO CAN WE. THEY PAY THEM ENOUGH TO TAKE THE HEAT. JUST ENJOY THE GAMES.
e-z ed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 4, 2006
 
pretty stupid move by albert, he's got more class than that and even if gurode did do something to provoke him during the play, you never payback AFTER THE PLAYS OVER. You wait till the start of the next play.
INMATE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 5, 2006
 
LIKE I SAID, WE ONLY SAW THE END OF THE TAPE. WE NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT UNSPEAKABLE THINGS GURODE MAY HAVE DONE TO ALBERT BEFORE IT. ALBERT WEIGHS 320 LBS. AND HE COULD HAVE EASILY CRUSHED GURODE'S SKULL LIKE AN EGGSHELL, BUT NOONE GIVES ALBERT ANY CREDIT FOR HIS RESTRAINT.
Ya Gotta B Kiddin

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 5, 2006
 
The only thing dumber that Haynesworth's assault would be the postings attributed to "Inmate"...who...for some dumba$$ reason thinks that it's okay to stomp on someone's unprotected face while wearing a pair of football cleats!!! Could "Inmate" be your official job (as in permanently incarcerated in some type of penal institution) or is the name the direct result of a recent parole?!?!? Anyone who would condone this type of behavior is, for lack of a better term, a piece of s---!!
Tim

Mankato, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 5, 2006
 
INMATE wrote:
NOBODY SAW WHAT GURODE DID TO ALBERT BEFORE THE VIDEO. HE MAY VERY WELL HAVE PROVOKED HIM BY STOMPING ON HIS TOE OR GIVING HIM AN UPPERCUT HID BY HIS FOREARM. ALBERT CATCHES ALL THE HEAT BECAUSE THE VIDEO CAUGHT HIM AT THE END OF THE INCIDENT. THEY DON'T CALL IT THE COLISEUM FOR NOTHING. THE ROMANS ENJOYED IT AND SO CAN WE. THEY PAY THEM ENOUGH TO TAKE THE HEAT. JUST ENJOY THE GAMES.
That might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It's a wonder why you're in jail.Hmmmm. No excuse what so ever.
Mario Moron

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 5, 2006
 
thats is so gay i would od bite his ass up if i was him
INMATE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 5, 2006
 
THE FACTS DON'T BEAR THAT OUT. TODAY WE ARE TOLD THAT GURODE WON'T BRING CRIMINAL CHARGES AGAINST ALBERT. THAT TELLS ME THAT GURODE KNOWS THAT HE INSTIGATED THE INCIDENT HIMSELF. DON'T TELL ME THAT ALBERT JUST DECIDED TO KICK GURODE IN THE HEAD FOR THE HECK OF IT. GURODE KNOWS THE TRUTH AND HE KNOWS THAT BLAMING ALBERT IS UNJUSTIFIED. UNLIKE MANY WHO SPECULATE HERE, HE KNOWS.
Deborah

Fair Lawn, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 5, 2006
 
Inmate you have issues. First of all, even if Gurode did something to Haynesworth -- what Haynesworth did is no way to resolve it. And, don't you think Haynesworth would say something was done to him if that were the case?

Haynesworth should not be allowed to make another dime in the football profession based on what he did. I don't understand Gurode's family telling him not to press criminal charges. Frankly I didn't know criminal charges were optional. I thought a prosecutor was obligated to press charges when a crime is committed. Can a person get away with murdering someone -- just because the family decides not to press charges? This whole thing makes no sense to me. All I know is Haynesworth was wrong and there's no excuse for what he did. It's scary to me how insensitive society has become to this sort of animalistic brutality.
Deborah

Fair Lawn, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 5, 2006
 
Tim wrote:
So basically 'Inmate' it was more of a black thang???? I see, keepin' it real. Thanks for clearing that up for us bro..... pathetic. What would Haynesworth dad say???? Oh that's right, he's nowhere to be found!
<quoted text>
Tim -- I don't agree with inmate; however I'm not sure I get your point .... "black thang?" What point are you trying to make here?
Deborah

Fair Lawn, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 5, 2006
 
INMATE wrote:
LIKE I SAID, WE ONLY SAW THE END OF THE TAPE. WE NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO SEE WHAT UNSPEAKABLE THINGS GURODE MAY HAVE DONE TO ALBERT BEFORE IT. ALBERT WEIGHS 320 LBS. AND HE COULD HAVE EASILY CRUSHED GURODE'S SKULL LIKE AN EGGSHELL, BUT NOONE GIVES ALBERT ANY CREDIT FOR HIS RESTRAINT.
Interesting! I think Albert should definitely be given an opportunity to have his day in court and present whatever his case is before a criminal jury. Perhaps you and he could be co-inmates.
INMATE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 5, 2006
 
Deborah wrote:
Inmate you have issues. First of all, even if Gurode did something to Haynesworth -- what Haynesworth did is no way to resolve it. And, don't you think Haynesworth would say something was done to him if that were the case?
Haynesworth should not be allowed to make another dime in the football profession based on what he did. I don't understand Gurode's family telling him not to press criminal charges. Frankly I didn't know criminal charges were optional. I thought a prosecutor was obligated to press charges when a crime is committed. Can a person get away with murdering someone -- just because the family decides not to press charges? This whole thing makes no sense to me. All I know is Haynesworth was wrong and there's no excuse for what he did. It's scary to me how insensitive society has become to this sort of animalistic brutality.
DEBORAH,

ALBERT WON'T TALK ABOUT THE INCIDENT BECAUSE HE'S BEING A GENTLEMAN ABOUT IT. HE'S BIG ENOUGH TO ACCEPT THE BLAME FOR BOTH OF THEM AND APOLOGIZE. UNFORTUNATELY, MANY HERE WON'T EXTEND THE SAME COURTESY AND FORGIVENESS TO HIM, BUT HE'S SHOWING HERE THAT HE'S A BIG MAN IN OTHER WAYS THAN PHYSICAL SIZE.
Deborah

Fair Lawn, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 5, 2006
 
INMATE wrote:
<quoted text>
DEBORAH,
ALBERT WON'T TALK ABOUT THE INCIDENT BECAUSE HE'S BEING A GENTLEMAN ABOUT IT. HE'S BIG ENOUGH TO ACCEPT THE BLAME FOR BOTH OF THEM AND APOLOGIZE. UNFORTUNATELY, MANY HERE WON'T EXTEND THE SAME COURTESY AND FORGIVENESS TO HIM, BUT HE'S SHOWING HERE THAT HE'S A BIG MAN IN OTHER WAYS THAN PHYSICAL SIZE.
I see. Yeah -- it takes a very BIG man to stomp someone in the face with a cleat. Right on! You so silly. I know you don't believe the stuff you say. You're just having fun.
INMATE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 6, 2006
 
SARAH wrote:
WHATS REALLY BAD IF THE INMATE IS A PRISONER AND HAVE ASSET TO A COMPUTER TO VOICE HIS OPION WHILE OUR CHILDREN DON'T HAVE ANY COMPUTERS TO DO WORK AT HOME. MAYBE THE INMATE CAN TELL ALBERT TO PURCHASE COMPUTERS FOR POOR CHILDREN WHEN HE GETS LOCKED UP AND THE CHILDREN WON'T BE AS DUMB AS THE INMATE AND AN ANIMAL LIKE ALBERT.
SARAH,

I DETECT A REAL PREJUDICE IN YOUR WRITING TOWARD PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN CALLED TO DONATE TIME TO THE PUBLIC. HAD YOU RATHER THEY SIT UNSTIMULATED AND LEAVE BITTER AND FULL OF REVENGE TOWARD A SOCIETY AS COLD AS YOU? IT'S A SHAME THAT YOU APPEAR INCAPABLE OF A SMALL AMOUNT OF THE HUMILITY THAT ALBERT HAS DISPLAYED.
Frank

Croydon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 6, 2006
 
Regardless of how wrong the act, I hope we all learn the answer to one of your qyestions from witnessing the power of forgiveness in Lancaster County right now...
Deborah wrote:
Inmate you have issues. First of all, even if Gurode did something to Haynesworth -- what Haynesworth did is no way to resolve it. And, don't you think Haynesworth would say something was done to him if that were the case?
Haynesworth should not be allowed to make another dime in the football profession based on what he did. I don't understand Gurode's family telling him not to press criminal charges. Frankly I didn't know criminal charges were optional. I thought a prosecutor was obligated to press charges when a crime is committed. Can a person get away with murdering someone -- just because the family decides not to press charges? This whole thing makes no sense to me. All I know is Haynesworth was wrong and there's no excuse for what he did. It's scary to me how insensitive society has become to this sort of animalistic brutality.
Frank

Croydon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 6, 2006
 
Regardless of how wrong the act, I hope you're getting a sense of the power of forgiveness from the families in Lancaster County right now...
Deborah wrote:
Inmate you have issues. First of all, even if Gurode did something to Haynesworth -- what Haynesworth did is no way to resolve it. And, don't you think Haynesworth would say something was done to him if that were the case?
Haynesworth should not be allowed to make another dime in the football profession based on what he did. I don't understand Gurode's family telling him not to press criminal charges. Frankly I didn't know criminal charges were optional. I thought a prosecutor was obligated to press charges when a crime is committed. Can a person get away with murdering someone -- just because the family decides not to press charges? This whole thing makes no sense to me. All I know is Haynesworth was wrong and there's no excuse for what he did. It's scary to me how insensitive society has become to this sort of animalistic brutality.
FED UP WITH IGNORANCE

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 6, 2006
 
I THINK THE PPL ON HERE ARE STRAYING AWAY FROM THE TOPIC HERE, WHAT DOES BEING BLACK OR AN INMATE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?? THATS SAD HOW PPL ARE SO IGNORANT AND LOOK FOR HAND-OUTS!!! LOOK PPL DISPLAY YOUR IGNORANCE ELSEWHERE. YES HE WAS WRONG AND ITS UP TO THE NFL TO PUNISH HAYNESWORTH BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY HE STILL WILL BE PAID AND YOUR DAMN OPINION WONT COUNT

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Randy Starks Discussions

Search the Randy Starks Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NFL meetings notebook: Philbin to improve cultu... Apr 11 Coming to America 4
Vontae Davis: Dolphins' top draft pick arrested (Jun '09) Oct '13 Jets Blow 10,353
New Miami Dolphin Introduction: Philip Wheeler (May '13) May '13 Fishbreath 9
Report: Matt Moore to remain with Dolphins (Mar '13) Mar '13 Moore Benchtime 1
Talking Points: Miami Dolphins should have clea... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Ginger Manager 1
2013 NFL Pro Bowl: The Miami Dolphins End Up Wi... (Jan '13) Jan '13 shakespear 1
Miami Dolphins 2013 Rumors: What's the biggest ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 JohnL 4
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••