Experts say Vikings' handling of Randy Moss' release has left team with a credibility problem

Brad Childress' decision to mislead the public, then tell his players he was getting rid of unruly receiver Randy Moss, then disappear while leaving them to answer for his stunning decision has Vikings critics taking aim once again at their favorite dartboard. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Poot

Sioux Falls, SD

#1 Nov 2, 2010
I'm no expert. but the Vikes do have a credibility problem, and his name is Childress.
Eeyore

Hudson, WI

#2 Nov 2, 2010
I'm praying for Tidal Waves.
Boot Leg right on 3

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Nov 2, 2010
Moss was a boil on the Vikings ***.
Childress lanced it.
Now, while the puss is being squeezed out every ****** idiot in the room will tell how it should have been done.
These are the same ****** idiots that would have done nothing and just let the boil fester until the whole ***** team was infected.
Childress made the call and it was gutsy one.
Now all he needs is a pair of steel toed boots so he can kick some of the other sorry ****** on the team back on to the winning track.
Go Vikes!
FMC651

Round Lake, IL

#4 Nov 2, 2010
Just fire this guy already.
deer track

Yankton, SD

#5 Nov 2, 2010
FMC651 wrote:
Just fire this guy already.
Hire the Waterboy of the Green Bay Packers to replace Dufus Childress...Hell, we are getting everybody else from there.....
jeb

San Francisco, CA

#6 Nov 2, 2010
tell us something that we didn't know. this organization lost its credibility weeks, months, maybe even years ago. we can't ever know exactly when it happened, but it is long gone at this point. i am completely beside myself when thinking of the state of this organization. the decisions that have been made are despicable and the fact that the ownership (which i think has been great in most regards) has allowed one element to make us look like a circus!

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#7 Nov 2, 2010
Eeyore wrote:
I'm praying for Tidal Waves.
oooh, a tool reference. i like it.

It's amazing childress hasn't been fired yet. He's so obviously incompetent.
hooha

Saint Paul, MN

#8 Nov 2, 2010
Chilly's waffling on Moss reminds me of a certain quarterback.

I wonder if Bret is regretting his decision to come back yet. His play is dismal, his team is losing, his reputation is shot, and his whole reason for leaving GB disgruntled is now shot.

Maybe this will make him a humbler, more grateful Bret when he eventually returns to Lambeau for his name unveiling.
ex favre fan

Hager City, WI

#9 Nov 2, 2010
hooha wrote:
Chilly's waffling on Moss reminds me of a certain quarterback.
I wonder if Bret is regretting his decision to come back yet. His play is dismal, his team is losing, his reputation is shot, and his whole reason for leaving GB disgruntled is now shot.
Maybe this will make him a humbler, more grateful Bret when he eventually returns to Lambeau for his name unveiling.
Not so fast my friend, bert is a selffish,selfcentered,engratef ull,above all jerk!.......He will need to hit rock bottom before he gets humbled!......He's close to rock bottom, but to stupid to see it. As long as TT is in charge in Title Town, they will take their sweet time before they unveil anything concerning bert!.........Cant say I blame them!
Whatever

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Nov 2, 2010
Poot wrote:
I'm no expert. but the Vikes do have a credibility problem, and his name is Childress.
You are absolutely right!

You are no expert.
Is Childress on Crack

United States

#11 Nov 2, 2010
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right!
;)
bigbuck

Lakeland, FL

#12 Nov 3, 2010
mygod the vikes have become the housewifes of the NFL
Fire Chilly please

Apo, AE

#13 Nov 3, 2010
I am bleeding purple as many Vikings Fans do. Typically it would be the other team that hurts us but now Childress and Wilf are torturing fans. So many of us are tired of Chilly. Sure Moss is a loose cannon, but Chilly agreed to bring the guy to the Vikings to fill in a hole at that position. We doubled the amount of points we were getting per game since Moss was on the team. Either Way chilly has lost credability with his own team, with the league and with fans. He is todays Les steckle / burns, A poor coach who appeears to be loosing it. By lwaiving Moss Chilly has thrown in the towel on the season. How can the vikings get a new stadium while under performing and losing Fans? Sure Moss needs to shut hit trap from time to time, but he tells it like it is, No blowing smoke, no Political correctness. Chilldress needed to step in and handle the situation and calm any issues in the Locker room. This has very little to do with the catering service, this has everything to do with the fact that Moss challenged Chilly openily to be a better coach and if you question Chilly you get Fired. It really is too bad to see a fan favorite in Moss be treated so, even if Moss is a jerk to a catering service... Chilly said "We want good People, and good football players, and moss doesnt fit." ( not sure if that is the exact wording) But I have to say... Chilly you forgot WINNERS, and , Players who can Accomplish something, and pashionate people who care enough to stand up and voice an opinion, and let me see... someone who wants to win the Superbowl... But you can keep you nice players if you so desire. I am putting on tourniquet This bleeding has got to stop.
BigSky Viking

Marion, MI

#14 Nov 3, 2010
What does building a stadium have to do with the schools? Schools are supported by local taxes; at least they are supposed to be. Taking away 20 million in Viking payroll taxes is going to help balance the budget? Randy Moss is short term and has nothing to do with getting a stadium. Think long term Minnesota.
tbone

Tucson, AZ

#15 Nov 3, 2010
the whole thing is jacked up, moss gets praised for 3 weeks about motivating the team, and mentoring the recievers. then criticizes childress in post game interview saying basically you are no bill bellichek (sp? don't care) which is true, and they were unprepaired, true again. then grilled by media who is anti-childress, then defends childress for doing so yet want him fired for lying. Then Moss disn't like the food and was rude so firing him is justified? all we need now is favre to limp off the field again and it will feel like sunday.

So ready for the season to end!!
Purplr Pride

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Nov 3, 2010
I get a kick out of that State Rep. Mindy Greiling, DFL-Roseville when she thinks that the money the Vikings don't get for a stadium should go to the school system. They should just tighten there belts like all of us in this state and not spend monsy like they do. Give the Vikings there stadium as they have been waiting long enough. Ziggy shouls fire Childress and maybe then he will get the support for a new stadium.
packer backer

United States

#17 Nov 3, 2010
We should have gotten rid of favre years before. Can you think of anyone, including Chilly that has fallen further from grace, and thats with argueably with the best RB in the league. Don't give me this missing Rice the Pack are the most injured team in the league 10 on IR, their RB and best offensive weapen in Finnely. We really are all rejoicing at the Queens misery. What about after the old man leaves which could be any game now, jackson is the future QB? 3rd pound pick for Moss, years of misery are to follow. maybe when their the LA Vikings they will do better, but don't count on it. GO PACK!!!
bartender80

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Nov 3, 2010
What good is a stadium when you have no team to put in it?
Bullfarts

United States

#19 Nov 3, 2010
The drama, its great.
George the Genius

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Nov 3, 2010
i don't know about you but i'd love to see what a 791 billion dollar stadium looks like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randy Moss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
49ers Blog: Baldwin has quick first step: He's ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 The_Solution 2
Are the San Francisco 49ers Reigning Champs if ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 tellitlikeitis 1
New England Patriots (Jul '13) Jul '13 RMossfan 1
NFL Free Agency: Should the Indianapolis Colts ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Brian 1
San Francisco 49ers get visits from defensive b... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dan 1
Why the San Francisco 49ers should trade for De... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Harbaugh Handshake 5
Randy Moss tweets farewell to San Francisco 49ers (Mar '13) Mar '13 The_Solution 2

Randy Moss People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE