Should Dallas Sign Owens (again) ?

Jun 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Blogging The Boys

This idea was inspired after I recently watched Sound Effects Terrell Owens on NFL Network.

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Aug 27, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mikedsarge

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Yes they shoudl. We don't have that third receiver. Our starters are likely to go down, then what? Our pool of what's left take over 1- 2 starting? Go on this is the NFL, Owens and Romo can make it happen!
josh

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

for all Owens faults I was upset when we cut him just because romo deep to Owens was deadly.....he is the leading receiver for every team he plays for first year ......sign him to a performance based contract .....where he gets paid to keep his mouth shut and score TDs and he will be fine ....he was fine in buff ...and cinncy and truth be told he was ok in Dallas for the most part ......can you imagine Austin dez Owens as you top 3 and James Hanna pans out and MURRY stay healthy ....wow .....now the defense is another story all together haha
Thee_1DaBread

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Mikedsarge wrote:
Yes they shoudl. We don't have that third receiver. Our starters are likely to go down, then what? Our pool of what's left take over 1- 2 starting? Go on this is the NFL, Owens and Romo can make it happen!
I think it would be smart as well everyone looks at the bad about the guy but dont realize the good that he brings to the offense when they double up on one guy. That leaves so much open especially with Murray in the back feild

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

Thee_1DaBread wrote:
<quoted text>I think it would be smart as well everyone looks at the bad about the guy but dont realize the good that he brings to the offense when they double up on one guy. That leaves so much open especially with Murray in the back feild
I miss T.O., if he's lost a step in his speed that's ok cause he sure would be a great decoy on 2nd down like you say with Murray in the back field.
Thee_1DaBread

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>I miss T.O., if he's lost a step in his speed that's ok cause he sure would be a great decoy on 2nd down like you say with Murray in the back field.
I feel that with his presents in Dallas again, will lock the NFC EAST down again!!!! We have good receivers but we need a elite receiver to go with our elite QB!!!!
cowboysalltheway

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

Jerry Jones trust me if you want to make it on to more than just the second round resign T.O trust me he hasnt lost any steps and trust me when I say this you wont regret it everyone makes mistakes I know he has learned from his .......Cowboys all the way <3 :)

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Judged:

I'm a 9er fan and I know TO's caused a stir in just about every place he's gone but I think where he began his career should be where it's ended.

That being said, I feel he should be picked up by a team with an established team/locker room leader to keep TO in absolute check but Dallas(all rivalry aside)just doesn't have that and they'd be re-opening Pandora's box again with TO.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2012

Judged:

_Jusayin_ wrote:
I'm a 9er fan and I know TO's caused a stir in just about every place he's gone but I think where he began his career should be where it's ended.
That being said, I feel he should be picked up by a team with an established team/locker room leader to keep TO in absolute check but Dallas(all rivalry aside)just doesn't have that and they'd be re-opening Pandora's box again with TO.
Exactly who out there in San Fran gay land is capable of doing that Randy or Alex Bwwwwaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly who out there in San Fran gay land is capable of doing that Randy or Alex Bwwwwaaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!
At least you remain true and consistent to your racism and bigotry Hatchet.

Harbaugh and Willis are the leaders but the team plays as one and when that happens it's understood you don't step out of line because you answer to everyone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you remain true and consistent to your racism and bigotry Hatchet.
Harbaugh and Willis are the leaders but the team plays as one and when that happens it's understood you don't step out of line because you answer to everyone.
Read his statement, "T.O. should be picked up by a team, with a team/locker room leader...." at least you remain true and consistent with your not reading to comprehend and shooting your mouth off with zero ammo...And WTF is racist by what I said?

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Judged:

hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Read his statement, "T.O. should be picked up by a team, with a team/locker room leader...." at least you remain true and consistent with your not reading to comprehend and shooting your mouth off with zero ammo...And WTF is racist by what I said?
Read my own statement you mean? I thought I just explained that Harbaugh and Willis are the leaders of the 9ers but they are a unit from top to bottom. You having trouble reading pal?

Well, what you said was bigoted and stereotypical but I know you to be a habitual racist and a person who makes empty threats too so I made a safe assumption since you're still openly a POS your racist ways are still there too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my own statement you mean? I thought I just explained that Harbaugh and Willis are the leaders of the 9ers but they are a unit from top to bottom. You having trouble reading pal?
Well, what you said was bigoted and stereotypical but I know you to be a habitual racist and a person who makes empty threats too so I made a safe assumption since you're still openly a POS your racist ways are still there too.
I'm only racist to those that ask for or deserve it, like you. And right now I do not have time for your nickel and dime azz...Equality, equally?? Please mofo I horse laugh at you!

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

You know it's stereotypical behavior of the ignorant and uneducated to lash out with profanity, racism and bigotry when they've encountered their superior right? Oh wait, how would you have known that being ignorant and uneducated?

Remain stagnant and "horse laugh" away.
Cowboy fan

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

Judged:

hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>I miss T.O., if he's lost a step in his speed that's ok cause he sure would be a great decoy on 2nd down like you say with Murray in the back field.
I also miss T.O. and I think he has stayed in shape and could be a deadly 3rd receiver, even better than Wes Welker. Why not sign him to the minimum contract? Dez Bryant is still a project in works!
Cowboy fan

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

Judged:

Dez Bryant is as good as gone. No player assaults his own mother and remains in good faith with the organization. Sign either T.O. or Burress for the minimal amount for a 1 yr. contract. Dez should be a project for the Raiders,who take in all outlaws.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

Cowboy fan wrote:
Dez Bryant is as good as gone. No player assaults his own mother and remains in good faith with the organization. Sign either T.O. or Burress for the minimal amount for a 1 yr. contract. Dez should be a project for the Raiders,who take in all outlaws.
No way will Jerry let Dez go, too much to let go to another team, no matter what he did.
Cowboy fan

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>No way will Jerry let Dez go, too much to let go to another team, no matter what he did.
No way JJ will let Dez go. What options does he have? Austin was a one hit wonder. Why not resign Owens to a slot receiver for the minimum amount and a 1 yr. contract. He is still in shape, not fast, but productive once he gets the ball.
Cowboy fan

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Why not make Barry Church the starting safety. His work ethic and production makes him the logical choice at that position. Also, JJ, you better start planning for the future in next year's draft for Matt Barkley from USC. He will probably win the Heisman this year, and Romo is getting "old"! Next year I think JJ needs to address the future qb situation.
bystander

Erwin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

why take on an unecessary headache? football is the ultimate team sport. all players have to be on the same page working toward the ultimte team goal. owens has proven that he only thinks of himself and has his own personal agenda. look at the last 2 or 3 champions and think about the chemistry it took at the right time to get those championships and what disruptions a t.o. would have been if he had been there with his "me first" attitude. There are plenty of recievers with a hungry attitude that could match the deteriorated skills that owens now has.
Cowboy fan

Longview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

bystander wrote:
why take on an unecessary headache? football is the ultimate team sport. all players have to be on the same page working toward the ultimte team goal. owens has proven that he only thinks of himself and has his own personal agenda. look at the last 2 or 3 champions and think about the chemistry it took at the right time to get those championships and what disruptions a t.o. would have been if he had been there with his "me first" attitude. There are plenty of recievers with a hungry attitude that could match the deteriorated skills that owens now has.
This is a moot point now, since T.O signed with Seattle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Randy Moss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
49ers Blog: Baldwin has quick first step: He's ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 The_Solution 2
Are the San Francisco 49ers Reigning Champs if ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 tellitlikeitis 1
New England Patriots (Jul '13) Jul '13 RMossfan 1
NFL Free Agency: Should the Indianapolis Colts ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Brian 1
San Francisco 49ers get visits from defensive b... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dan 1
Why the San Francisco 49ers should trade for De... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Harbaugh Handshake 5
Randy Moss tweets farewell to San Francisco 49ers (Mar '13) Mar '13 The_Solution 2

Search the Randy Moss Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••