Sansevere's Huddle: Now is the time t...

Sansevere's Huddle: Now is the time to fire Childress if Vikings want to make Frazier head coach

There are 120 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 2, 2010, titled Sansevere's Huddle: Now is the time to fire Childress if Vikings want to make Frazier head coach. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Minnesota Vikings owner Zygi Wilf, left, and head coach Brad Childress stand on about the 50 yard line before the start of the New England Patriots game Sunday, October 31, 2010 at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Mass.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Who_Dat_Charlie

United States

#102 Nov 3, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Charlie. Can you believe its hasnt even been two months since the your team beat the Vikings and most of the "faithful", "Super Bowl bound Vikes" fans have already jumped overboard????? Their "dynasty" in the NFC North is over, and they dont even say a bad word about your Saints anymore. The only thing they have to play for now is to stay out of last place because the Lions are.....OMG!!! tied with them. Amazing. By the way nice win over the Steelers last week. WHO DAT TWO DAT
Thanks for the kind words Da Bears, but lest not rag the Vikes fans too much. When the Vikeings were a functional team it was fun to rag on them. This team is now adrift. I just can't believe that management took a team in less than 9 months that was in the NFCC game, to a 2-5 record. As a fan of the NFL I'm appalled that this is allowed to be done either by fate or design.
So when the Vikes get it together again... I'll be there whispering Who Dat in their ears, but for now let them be.
BTW Mr Da Bears I also remember two playoff loses of the Saints to your Bears. You guys just been on my radar.

WHO DAT
TWO DAT

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#103 Nov 3, 2010
LOL you are alright there Charlie. Your "Get your paper bags here" routine was a needed laugh in these trying times.

I'm hoping for a win VS the Cards, something to feel good about, and go from there.
idea

Duluth, MN

#104 Nov 3, 2010
Bullfarts wrote:
But we wont see either in Feb playing in Dallas.
Hey!! they made a song about your weight 8675309
Who_Dat_Charlie

United States

#105 Nov 3, 2010
eric_113 wrote:
LOL you are alright there Charlie. Your "Get your paper bags here" routine was a needed laugh in these trying times.
I'm hoping for a win VS the Cards, something to feel good about, and go from there.
Eric I'll be pulling for you guys this week. I hope that mess up there gets fixed soon. I really wanted you guys in the playoffs so we can settle the bad calls, dirty players thing.

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#106 Nov 3, 2010
Who_Dat_Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric I'll be pulling for you guys this week. I hope that mess up there gets fixed soon. I really wanted you guys in the playoffs so we can settle the bad calls, dirty players thing.
Yeah, that thing is still there. Brett got hit like five times low when he didn't have the ball in his hands- the announcers brought it up during the season opener, then showed each one. Hey, it's history now- nothing can change it- I will admit the Saints looked pretty good last week VS the Steelers-

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#107 Nov 3, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Gotta agree, it was fun sparing with the "Champs to Be". Oh well Im wouldnt be surprised if Vike fans started hanging out on "Packer" or "Bears" or even "Lions" blogs because theirs is drying up.(remember when they would be mad when they thought this was their personal, private blog when it still says "NFL FOOTBALL FORUM) LOL!!!!! Well there are, some decent Vike fans, and there is the other 98% of the "fair weather fans" and for those 98% I say have fun rebuilding and maybe we will see you in oh 5 to 6 years. Also looks like you'll be drafting a QB next year. ROTFLMAO!!!!!
Careful there, Da Bears, a cornered Viking is a dangerous one...
kcmo33

Kansas City, MO

#108 Nov 3, 2010
Moss will have the last laugh just like Michael Vick will. These coaches/owners these days are just plain idiots!! They know little about football. Rich Kids with expensive toys is all they are.
Da Bears 2010

Elgin, IL

#109 Nov 3, 2010
Who_Dat_Charlie wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the kind words Da Bears, but lest not rag the Vikes fans too much. When the Vikeings were a functional team it was fun to rag on them. This team is now adrift. I just can't believe that management took a team in less than 9 months that was in the NFCC game, to a 2-5 record. As a fan of the NFL I'm appalled that this is allowed to be done either by fate or design.
So when the Vikes get it together again... I'll be there whispering Who Dat in their ears, but for now let them be.
BTW Mr Da Bears I also remember two playoff loses of the Saints to your Bears. You guys just been on my radar.
WHO DAT
TWO DAT
I do remember those, hopefully we will have another chance to meet again.
Da Bears 2010

Elgin, IL

#110 Nov 3, 2010
eric_113 wrote:
LOL you are alright there Charlie. Your "Get your paper bags here" routine was a needed laugh in these trying times.
I'm hoping for a win VS the Cards, something to feel good about, and go from there.
Im thinking the Vikes can get a win against the Cards, AP should have a good game against them
Dakotaboy

Omaha, NE

#111 Nov 3, 2010
Fire Childress now! It is the only answer toward redeeming this talented group of players before all is lost!

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#112 Nov 4, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Im thinking the Vikes can get a win against the Cards, AP should have a good game against them
I would very much like to see them win big, and restore some confidence to this team.
deer track

Yankton, SD

#113 Nov 4, 2010
eric_113 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would very much like to see them win big, and restore some confidence to this team.
Not if Childress is standing on the sidelines with that blank stare, chewing gum like a demented bullmoose..Run, run, pass..punt, even if only 5 inches for a 1st down on 4th...
idea

Duluth, MN

#114 Nov 4, 2010
deer track wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if Childress is standing on the sidelines with that blank stare, chewing gum like a demented bullmoose..Run, run, pass..punt, even if only 5 inches for a 1st down on 4th...
His list of mistakes is so thick and disgusting: blown challenges, terrible play-calling, communication breakdowns, listless two-minute drills, Tarvaris Jackson. And this year, Childress has somehow managed to top himself in incompetence.

FIRE CHILDRESS!!!!!!!!!
idea

Duluth, MN

#115 Nov 4, 2010
I mean, COME ONE, unlike Dallas, Minnesota has a perfectly capable head coach-in-waiting Leslie Frazier. In fact, the Vikes have a history of AMAZING coordinators who went on to be successful head coaches: Tony Dungy (hint still available, Mike Tomlin, Brian Billcik, etc. The Vikes usually choose to keep the head coach they currently had in place and let the coordinator walk, much to their eventual detriment. At some point, they have to realize that keeping Frazier is more important for the long term than keeping Childress around is for the short term, or heck even the next day. They canít keep making the same mistake over and over and over again, can they?

Oh, who am I kidding? Itís the Vikings. They exist solely to screw everything up.

FIRE CHILDRESS!!!!!!!!!!
Uh oh

Saint Paul, MN

#116 Nov 4, 2010
idea wrote:
I mean, COME ONE, unlike Dallas, Minnesota has a perfectly capable head coach-in-waiting Leslie Frazier. In fact, the Vikes have a history of AMAZING coordinators who went on to be successful head coaches: Tony Dungy (hint still available, Mike Tomlin, Brian Billcik, etc. The Vikes usually choose to keep the head coach they currently had in place and let the coordinator walk, much to their eventual detriment. At some point, they have to realize that keeping Frazier is more important for the long term than keeping Childress around is for the short term, or heck even the next day. They canít keep making the same mistake over and over and over again, can they?
Oh, who am I kidding? Itís the Vikings. They exist solely to screw everything up.
FIRE CHILDRESS!!!!!!!!!!
Just because former assistants went on to be good head coaches does not assure Frazier is one of them. What makes you think he is the one? I don't.
idea

Duluth, MN

#117 Nov 4, 2010
Uh oh wrote:
<quoted text>Just because former assistants went on to be good head coaches does not assure Frazier is one of them. What makes you think he is the one? I don't.
-History in big games
-Did you know Frazier was a part of the 1985 Chicago Bears team that went on to win Super Bowl XX. During the 1985 championship season, Frazier led the team with 6 interceptions. His career was cut short due to a knee injury he suffered returning a punt late in the first half of that Super Bowl. He was also a member of the "G Crew" in the video The Super Bowl Shuffle.

-Good track record

-Frazier started his coaching career in 1988 as the 1st head coach at Trinity College in Illinois, now known as Trinity International University. He held the position for 9 seasons and built the NAIA program from the ground up and won a pair of Northern Illinois Intercollegiate Conference titles

-'99 Frazier joins new coach reid and trash chilly and improves the Eagles D for the next 4 years

-In 2005, Frazier was hired by Tony Dungy as a defensive assistant for the Indianapolis Colts, receiving the title of Special Assistant to the Head Coach as well as Defensive Backs Coach. He was specifically brought in by Dungy to help the Colts young corps of Defensive Backs. During his time in Indy the Colts passing defense improved from 15th in 2005 to 2nd in 2006. On February 4, 2007 the Colts beat Frazier's former team, the Chicago Bears, in Super Bowl XLI. Four days later, on February 8, 2007, he became the defensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings following the hiring of Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin by the Pittsburgh Steelers as their head coach.

-Attitude

-he is just like Dungy
Uh oh

Saint Paul, MN

#118 Nov 4, 2010
idea wrote:
<quoted text>
-History in big games
-Did you know Frazier was a part of the 1985 Chicago Bears team that went on to win Super Bowl XX. During the 1985 championship season, Frazier led the team with 6 interceptions. His career was cut short due to a knee injury he suffered returning a punt late in the first half of that Super Bowl. He was also a member of the "G Crew" in the video The Super Bowl Shuffle.
-Good track record
-Frazier started his coaching career in 1988 as the 1st head coach at Trinity College in Illinois, now known as Trinity International University. He held the position for 9 seasons and built the NAIA program from the ground up and won a pair of Northern Illinois Intercollegiate Conference titles
-'99 Frazier joins new coach reid and trash chilly and improves the Eagles D for the next 4 years
-In 2005, Frazier was hired by Tony Dungy as a defensive assistant for the Indianapolis Colts, receiving the title of Special Assistant to the Head Coach as well as Defensive Backs Coach. He was specifically brought in by Dungy to help the Colts young corps of Defensive Backs. During his time in Indy the Colts passing defense improved from 15th in 2005 to 2nd in 2006. On February 4, 2007 the Colts beat Frazier's former team, the Chicago Bears, in Super Bowl XLI. Four days later, on February 8, 2007, he became the defensive coordinator for the Minnesota Vikings following the hiring of Vikings defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin by the Pittsburgh Steelers as their head coach.
-Attitude
-he is just like Dungy
First thing, what he did as a player, including being a part of the super bowl shuffle, has no bearing on his ability as a head coach. That is laughable. Position coaching is vastly different than an NFL head coach. The only credible position is his present, D coordinator. Has he done enough to improve the D since joining the Vikings? I say no. I like the guy as a coach but I am not sold on the Head Coach thing. I hope you're right though. He does have the right attitude as you said.

eric_113

“Blue collar in paradise”

Since: Mar 10

I did NOT miss a spot

#119 Nov 4, 2010
Chilldo is such a train wreck- it makes me sad to see this sh!t happening.

It seems as though he has a job, for at least the near future- wonder if he can man up? My hopes for that, and the Vikings season are not great, but they are there...
Cameron

United States

#120 Nov 4, 2010
I'd have to agree...Hire Gruden, smart...hardworking...winner.. .shoulda kept Moss, and THROWN HIM THE BALL.......
Get rid of Chilly

Mankato, MN

#121 Nov 6, 2010
Since the got rid of Wally the beer man. They should make Childress sell beer until his contract is done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randy Moss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Brady 'willing to play six or seven more ye... Mar '17 Pants phartzz 6
News Oakland Raiders: Aldon Smith Signing Sends Wron... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 4
News 49ers Blog: Baldwin has quick first step: He's ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 The_Solution 2
News Are the San Francisco 49ers Reigning Champs if ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 tellitlikeitis 1
New England Patriots (Jul '13) Jul '13 RMossfan 1
News NFL Free Agency: Should the Indianapolis Colts ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Brian 1
News San Francisco 49ers get visits from defensive b... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dan 1
More from around the web