Dolphins Release Harrington, McMichael

Dolphins Release Harrington, McMichael

There are 17 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 5, 2007, titled Dolphins Release Harrington, McMichael. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Quarterback Joey Harrington and tight end Randy McMichael were released Monday by the Miami Dolphins, who swung two other deals in new coach Cam Cameron's roster shakeup.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

bernie

Berwick, PA

#1 Mar 5, 2007
I'm pleasantly surprised the dolphins were able to get two picks (#2rd!!! are you kidding me) for wes welker its
usually the phins giving up picks like
that for average players(or bad ones
in their case). but I can't believe they could'nt get a pick for McMichael
or that they would even get rid of him. He was awesome a couple years ago. This past year they just did'nt
throw the ball to him.
chris

Malvern, PA

#2 Mar 6, 2007
They did throw the ball to him and he was the team's second leading receiver. But he dropped too many of Harrington's perfect passes...and then Harrington get's the blame for that.
brian

Portland, OR

#3 Mar 7, 2007
Harrington gets all the crap in his corner... He has never been on a team at full strength in detroit both of the rodgers were injured one after the other. Now the Dolphin's release him after the prize coach walked away.... "note to all" Harrington diden't loose them the game the recievers did.. he will get a job and tell all those who doesen't believe he can do it to shut up....

Go Joey.
phil

Brandon, FL

#4 Mar 8, 2007
WE SHOULD HOLD MARE AND WAIT AND SEE IF WE CAN GET A PICK FOR HIM.

phil

Brandon, FL

#5 Mar 8, 2007
brian wrote:
Harrington gets all the crap in his corner... He has never been on a team at full strength in detroit both of the rodgers were injured one after the other. Now the Dolphin's release him after the prize coach walked away.... "note to all" Harrington diden't loose them the game the recievers did.. he will get a job and tell all those who doesen't believe he can do it to shut up....
Go Joey.
I THINK WE SHOULD RESIGN JOEY IF WE CAN GET HIM CHEAP I DONT THINK HE IS AS BAD AS PEOPLE SAY HE IS. WE NEED DECDENT QUARTERBACKS ON OUR ROSTER. WE ALSO NEED SOME REAL RECIEVERS SOMTHING WE HAVE LACKED FOR YEARS. I THINK WE ARE THE ONLY TEAM THAT NEVER SEEMS TO CATCH THE BOMB OTHER TEAMS DONT RESPECT US AND PLAY UP WHICH IS A MAJOR DISADVANTAGE WE CAN SPREAD ANYBODY OUT.THATS GOING TO CHANGE WITH CAM.
Larry

Eugene, OR

#6 Mar 11, 2007
I am a true Dolphin fan, I cannot believe Harrington was cut when the game and stats confirm what I have believed for the past few years the Dolphins have no one who can catch the ball. Here we go more culpepper and who? I hope the that Harrington gets picked up by an AFC team and he shows what he can do with recievers and a line who will block for him. If I was not a dolphin fan I'd chnage teams fast because I see no future for the fins. I look at the current pickups and see a gloomie future. Larry of Oregon
Larry

Eugene, OR

#7 Mar 11, 2007
Why are we not picking up recievers and offensive line that can pass block, and why are we holding on to Culpepper the wrong QB was released. Just think how many possiable player options we could pick up getting rid of him, Its done, I only hope Harrington get a team who will give him the reigns to play and show what he can do.
brian bellairs

Portland, OR

#8 Mar 22, 2007
I am a true Joey Harrington fan-as a person-not necessarily a quarterback. Could I get some opinions, as unbiased as possible, about why the Dolphins were so down on Joey when it appeared they fared far better with him that Culpepper. Also, why are they high on Cleo, when seemingly he just had a good quarter or half when the Dolphins were behind and the playbook was (uniquely?) opened for him?

Any input?
Deron

Kelleys Island, OH

#9 Mar 25, 2007
Brian,

Like you I too am a huge Joey Harrington fan. Here are the facts since I have lived through the Lions nightmare. Detroit has not had the ability to put a winning team (consistent) on the field in 50 years. Rarely can you put a rookie QB on a bad team and expect them to grow if you do not surround him with above average talent. Joey is not a west caost QB he is a traditional drop-back passer with a very accurate arm if given time. His throwing strength is above average too.

Know this...If you take a beating like Joey did in Detroit it takes time to recover and get comfortable in the pocket. He has not had the opportunity to play with a consistent game plan. 4 coaches in 5 years. Something like that. David Carr is another example of goood gone bad because of circumstances beyond his control.

Joey may never get the chance to be great as an NFL player because of circumstances beyond his control. I hope that isn't the case but it's not looking good. Too much money is spent on the QB position and as you know that in itself does not lend an opportunity for Joey to be a starter.

Go DUCKS and good luck Joey!
Jeff

Eugene, OR

#10 Mar 27, 2007
Deron wrote:
Brian,
Like you I too am a huge Joey Harrington fan. Here are the facts since I have lived through the Lions nightmare. Detroit has not had the ability to put a winning team (consistent) on the field in 50 years. Rarely can you put a rookie QB on a bad team and expect them to grow if you do not surround him with above average talent. Joey is not a west caost QB he is a traditional drop-back passer with a very accurate arm if given time. His throwing strength is above average too.
Know this...If you take a beating like Joey did in Detroit it takes time to recover and get comfortable in the pocket. He has not had the opportunity to play with a consistent game plan. 4 coaches in 5 years. Something like that. David Carr is another example of goood gone bad because of circumstances beyond his control.
Joey may never get the chance to be great as an NFL player because of circumstances beyond his control. I hope that isn't the case but it's not looking good. Too much money is spent on the QB position and as you know that in itself does not lend an opportunity for Joey to be a starter.
Go DUCKS and good luck Joey!
Let Joey have his job back. He definately has the ability to be a great QB if the team could put some talent behind him. Everyone needs to let Joey do the thing that made him so great in Oregon and quit being so negative about the kid. Let the ball fly Joey. Everyone in Oregon has your back.
steph

Charlotte, NC

#11 Feb 11, 2008
get chad johnson dolphins need him and also an new other wide reciver pluse an new quater back
NflFan

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#12 Feb 11, 2008
steph wrote:
get chad johnson dolphins need him and also an new other wide reciver pluse an new quater back
Yeah ..then Wes Welker.LOL
shaggy

United States

#13 Feb 11, 2008
100 bucks says Booker is picked up by the pats. He is way better than stallworth or the other guy who's name escapes me, From florida.

So obviously we are going for a wr in free agency or the draft. when we should be going defense the whole way. Booker is better than Ginn or Hagan right now, they will get better but a vet such as booker should not be cast aside at this point.

Since: Dec 07

West Palm Beach, FL.

#14 Feb 11, 2008
NflFan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ..then Wes Welker.LOL
Wow, that's pretty cool - you even troll Dolphin stories from last off-season. No, sorry, you can't go back in time hoping the Patriots will win the Super Bowl this time...
MadGame

Nassau, Bahamas

#15 Feb 11, 2008
I hate told you clowns when the dolphins hired "that coach who is alabama" funny how most of you all wanted Trent Green as a QB, we brought in trash only to end up 1-16. Wats even worse the coaching choices have been great just look at how we end up tops picks! Wonder if "what that young QB who choose not to pick & ended up picking that litter receiver" Good choice!
Pago Pago Trojan

Toledo, OH

#16 Feb 26, 2009
$27 million...this is an insult! Oh wait a minute, the idiot owner and fan will pay and pay.
Fart

AOL

#17 Feb 27, 2009
::Burp::

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randy McMichael Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Over the Rivers and through the Air to Oakland'... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Dec 2012 8
News Broncos vs. Chargers: Orton in, Dumervil returns (Oct '11) Oct '11 Happensfarts 6
News Dolphins trade WR Welker and cut TE McMichael, ... (Mar '07) Feb '11 Dolphlunkies 199
News Makeover is likely for St. Louis Rams (Jan '10) Jan '10 Nick P 1
News Rams players can exhale now (Nov '09) Nov '09 juardi 1
News Devaney deserves credit for improving St. Louis... (Dec '08) Dec '08 wildbunch 4
News Former Dolphin Randy McMichael out for season (Oct '08) Oct '08 pffft 2
More from around the web