Chargers rout Jets, fueled by desperation

Full story: Newsday 13
No question which team is the desperate one now. The Jets showed indignation all week leading up to last night's game here, irritated with the suggestion the winless Chargers somehow needed the win more. Full Story
Ron

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

#1 Sep 23, 2008
Well Jets fans, now you know why we let him go. Packers fans love Good Brett and supported him through the Bad Brett games. Brett needs to learn a whole new system at 38, and New Yorkers will run out of patience before that happens. Everybody who cares about Brett wishes he would have retired. Hopefully he leaves NYC with only his ego crushed and not any body parts.
Mike

Virginia Beach, VA

#2 Sep 23, 2008
I can't believe I'm only the 2nd person posting here. It must be awfully quiet on the Island this morning. Farve looked like crap - Go Chargers!
always right

Bangkok, Thailand

#3 Sep 23, 2008
I told you, off to my bookie$$$$$.
Jay

New York, NY

#4 Sep 23, 2008
favre=wished he was back in miss on the back of his pickup truck.the football helmet should go for a john deere hat.
pins

San Francisco, CA

#5 Sep 23, 2008
i think Brett is under paid... If not for him, Jets might have to move out of NY...
Marty Glickman

United States

#6 Sep 23, 2008
The Jest traded for the wrong Green Bay QB. They really should of traded for Bart Starr!
Joe Willy

Tampa, FL

#7 Sep 23, 2008
Looks like my SB trophy is safe. Boy does Brett look old and slow. Will the talk of re-retirement rear its ugly head?
O T Bushmaster

Gansevoort, NY

#8 Sep 23, 2008
Joe Willy wrote:
Looks like my SB trophy is safe. Boy does Brett look old and slow. Will the talk of re-retirement rear its ugly head?
Sure, at the end of he season, Brett will talk of retirement and then start the same old soap opera all over again about one more year. Brett just likes to see his name in the papers. His ego is about as big as Curt Schilling's.
Bill

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Sep 23, 2008
pins wrote:
i think Brett is under paid... If not for him, Jets might have to move out of NY...
Um, they did. They moved to New Jersey. Only their name remains New York. With any luck, that will change too...and soon.
ERIC if it HAD WORKED

Hicksville, NY

#10 Sep 23, 2008
Mangini looks like a lost kid now when he gives an interview. Do you notice how much more MANGINI looks like a little boy who is about to cry when he is answering questions? Actually Mangini looks like the PILLSBURY DOUGHBOY when he gives interviews.
And please tell Mangini to STOP saying if it **(HAD WORKED)**. Mangini you sound STUPID saying if it HAD WORKED! Mangini sounds like a 2 year old saying if it HAD WORKED all the time now. But it did NOT work Mangini! Stop using if it (HAD WORKED) as an EXCUSE for making BAD decisions Mangini!
The chances that a ON SIDE KICK will be successful is probably less than 5%. So why does ERIC MANGINI continually keep trying these ON SIDE KICKS? And NOW MANGINI's new thing is to say when something he does, doesn't work. MANGINI will say if it (HAD WORKED). Mangni you sound like a 2 year old in Kindergarten when you keep saying if it HAD WORKED! But it (DIDN'T WORK) Eric!
J-E-T-S

United States

#11 Sep 23, 2008
AHHH The Jets are nothing more then the East Coast Raiders. Whether it is AL Davis or these nuckleheads running this "Team" I guess you have to have one on each coast.

Hey Mangini I hear there might be an opening out west.
steve

Montgomery, AL

#12 Sep 23, 2008
eric are you stupid, dumb, a dope or just somebody who doesnt remember how the game of football works. first you blow last weeks game with three running plays and you would think after the first two get stuffed, you would throw. now this week, you try an on side kick. have you ever been suscessful with any that you've tried???? next, were down by two TD's, and yet you keep running the ball. genius, you dont have the clock on your side and your running game sucks. give the ball to somebody that can throw and let him do something. dont tell me about the picks. one bounced off a receivers hands, one was a crap throw and the other, well just say bad play. im starting to take up a collection to pay for a new coaching staff. you all gone before the season ends.
The DIEGO Kid

San Diego, CA

#13 Sep 23, 2008
Onside kick? What were they thinking? I understand the strategy, but if It doesnt work once, why do it again (and again!?)

San Diego was the better team Monday night, but that doesnt mean they wont blow it in the playoffs (as usual). The Jets have a great team too, and a legend of a QB, and at the moment a better record as well. Good game, but some changes definately need to be made with the Jets off/def coordinators. Big Time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Quentin Jammer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bailey, Jammer, Jones, Williams out for opener (Sep '13) Sep '13 wellwhoopy 1
Should the San Diego Chargers Re-Sign Antoine C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 John Kldwell 1
San Diego Chargers Blow Another Lead, Lose to B... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Go Blue Forever 6
NFL pad mandate doesn't fit needs; players plan... (May '12) May '12 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 2
Should the San Diego Chargers Fire Norv Turner ... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Norvless 4
Notes, Scribbles, and Things Jotted Down: Charg... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jammer Stinks 1
Chargers Defense Leads Way in 43-14 Win Over Ch... (Nov '09) Nov '09 tom potter 3

Quentin Jammer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE