Poole: With Oakland Raiders, nothing much left to see here, just move on

Dec 2, 2012 Full story: Contra Costa Times

The anticipation of what these new Raiders might deliver in 2012 died last month, and now the even the curiosity is gone.

Full Story

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Dec 3, 2012
I really don't know where we're going from here

OL: Stefan Wisniewski & Jared Veldheer are young and good enough to build around for the future. Mike Briesle is good and should be able to hang in there a few more years. Cooper Carlisle's best days are gone and his age shows more and more. Khalif Barnes hasn't been the answer at RT like we thought he'd be when we signed him and Willie Smith ain't no better. Rookies Tony Bergstorm and Lucas Nix might do better next year. I don't know much about Bergstorm but I was high on Nix and was surprised he went undrafted. We need a RT for sure and possibly a LG

RB: I'm tired of asking the question every year on whether or not Darren McFadden will be healthy. Michael Bush is gone and Mike Goodson was injured at the same time as McFadden. I like Marcel Reece as the tailback if need be as long as we have Owen Schmidt to play fullback. I don't see this as our most pressing need, but if a good one is available to us, then it might be in our best interest to jump on him.

Passing game: Carson Palmer seems to have legit chemistry with our WRs, but could be better. Denarius Moore, Rod Streater, and Juron Criner seem to be good and Brandon Myers has stepped up nicely at TE. The real question here is "Is Terrell Pryor really the future of our franchise, or should we draft and start grooming somebody else?"

DL: Pass rush has gone majorly downhill since the departure of DL coach Mike Wauffle and we have the same starting front 4. Richard Seymour's age has really started to show and possibly Tommy Kelly's. On the outside, Matt Shaughnessy leads the team in sacks and I think still has hope. Lamar Houston is playing better and I think could move inside if need be. This area may not be the most pressing need at the time but there is room to improve.

LB: When we started the season I thought to myself "We'll actually have 3 real LBs rather than just two and a speedster or one and two converted DEs". Aaron Curry, who I thought was good last year started the year on PUP and is now gone. Phillip Wheeler has been a nice steal in free agency. Then there's Rolando McClain...probably our most legit draft pick since Charles Woodson, but leagal troubles put his status in jeopardy with the team and now that is over, but he doesn't seem to be the best fit for Jason Tarver's defense and I think still has some trade value but with the suspension, it's quite clear he won't be a Raider much longer and probably shot his value tremendously down. Miles Burris has played quite well this year for a late round rookie. If we loose McClain, this area will be just as pressing as it ever was since 2004.

DB: I still support Tyvon Branch, Mike Mitchell, and Matt Giordano (who leads the team in INTs), but Michael Huff has not played like a first round pick; he's made some good plays here and there, but gets burned a lot and I think his pink slip is long overdue (and he's the reason I'm sick of all the hate Mcclain talk). Now for the Corners...We haven't had a legit one since Nnamdi Asomugha. For a long time we couldn't get a legit one because we played Man to Man all the time and none of them wanted to play here because they couldn't thrive (like Charles Woodson & Deangelo Hall). Now I think Corner is our biggest pressing need and we need 2 of them.

Special teams: Lechler, Condo, and Sebass are all probowlers and if any of them are gone it will be because of money. As for returners, we need some bad especially if Jacoby Ford can't stay healthy and they decide to cut him loose at the end of the season.

Biggest player needs: 2 CBs, RT, RB, MLB (if McClain goes), LG, and KR/PR

Now for coaching needs: Offensive coordinator and DL coach

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 3, 2012
I feel your pain dude!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philip Wheeler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miami Dolphins' pass rush turns up the pressure... Sep 8 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Leadership, not talent, the issue for the Miami... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Craig 2
Dolphins Roster Breakdown: Philip Wheeler (Jul '13) Jul '13 RaiderFaith 1
2013 Should Not Dictate Reggie McKenzie's Futur... (Jun '13) Jun '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 13
Dolphins Roster Breakdown: Koa Misi (Jun '13) Jun '13 Blowhole News 4
New Miami Dolphin Introduction: Philip Wheeler (May '13) May '13 Fishbreath 9
Sio Moore Off to Fast Start (May '13) May '13 The Autumn Wind 3
•••
•••

Philip Wheeler People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••