Brees is Saints' savior

Full story: Philadelphia Inquirer

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees admits that more than a few of his friends questioned his choice of employer this year.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of548
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2006

ACR63 wrote:
SC I agree with you. Brees does choke. You will find out that Rivers is "Mr. Cool" when the chips are down. Every game he is getting more experience. You will find that he IS the smartest QB in the NFL. I saw what he did at NCSU and you will see it too.
you said it! rivers is truly amazing.
john

Pearl River, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2006

LOL... thats funny not even the playoffs that saying something for a team that is 6-2 and has a good winnable schedule ahead of them. I predict playoffs with homefield advantage.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2006

the giants and atlanta are very tough teams. you're also underestimating those 4-4 teams. i predict the saints finishing the last half at 4-4.
UpTheRiver in Mississippi

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

scsupercharger -- Gosh, dude, don't be so bitter. Rivers looks like the real deal. We Saint fans know the pain of a self-destructing QB, we had Aaron Brooks for 6 years. Fact is, I didn't follow Brees that closely in San Diego, though I know he was only really successful at the last year or so. That said, so far this season, Brees has played superbly for the Saints. He is rated in the top 5 with a team that has yet to establish a dominant running attack and an admittedly average yet overachieving defense. Hell, half our players weren't even on the team last year. Give Brees some credit.
Miami Saint

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

Saints vs. Chargers in the SuperBowl!!! You heard it here first.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

UpTheRiver in Mississippi wrote:
scsupercharger -- Gosh, dude, don't be so bitter. Rivers looks like the real deal. We Saint fans know the pain of a self-destructing QB, we had Aaron Brooks for 6 years. Fact is, I didn't follow Brees that closely in San Diego, though I know he was only really successful at the last year or so. That said, so far this season, Brees has played superbly for the Saints. He is rated in the top 5 with a team that has yet to establish a dominant running attack and an admittedly average yet overachieving defense. Hell, half our players weren't even on the team last year. Give Brees some credit.
me bitter? that would mean i didn't want him to leave SD wouldn't it? i have been utterly giddy since brees left town... and, speaking of self-destructing qb's, remember ryan leaf? we're also familiar with horrible qb's. in spite of your team improving dramatically this year,(which isn't too hard coming from the bottoml last year), i will give brees NO credit because:

1. you said it yourself, half your players weren't on the team last year
2. he will ALWAYS be a letdown when it counts
3. the players (and yes fans too) are riding that (fading) new orleans wave of hope since the hurricane

but, hey... good for N.O. and their winning record thus far.
john

Pearl River, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

hey guess what dumbass, the Saints are one of the ones leading the NFC with great chances of passing over the first round of the playoffs and getting home field advantage.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

Miami Saint wrote:
Saints vs. Chargers in the SuperBowl!!! You heard it here first.
not very likely... HOWEVER, i guarantee there will be a MNF game next year between the saints and the superbowl 41 champion chargers.
john

Pearl River, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

What about the Falcons.
We beat them already once while sacking Vick
7, SEVEN, times!!!!
Ok Vivk not theat special we already beat them.
john

Pearl River, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

As far as Rivers being the smartest QB
Have you ever seen Peyton Manning get to the line to read a defense. That is true brilliancy. He is truley the smartest, unrivaled ruler of qbs.
He understands football better than any player in the National Football League
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

john wrote:
hey guess what dumbass, the Saints are one of the ones leading the NFC with great chances of passing over the first round of the playoffs and getting home field advantage.
big deal, the nfc ain't shit. saints are 1-2 vs. afc. and, who did they just LOSE to again? oh yeah, the LAST PLACE STEELERS.

'great chances of passing over the first round of the playoffs'? hahaha! PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR POST in about 7 weeks and after at least 3 more losses to see who the true dumbass is. you're going nowhere loser.
Bernie

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2006

Hey, I think Brees is great and so is Rivers. Brees is play at 110% of his ability..classic overachiever; Rivers is playing at about 90%..pretty scary when he reaches full potential. Brees is good for Saints, Rivers is great for Chargers; and how about that A.J. Let's see N.Y. we'll give you Eli and we get Merriman and Rivers...such a deal!
Will

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2006

How 'bout you stop picking one or the other and realize San Diego had two of the 4 best QBs in the NFL, in it's possession at the same time. Unfortunately, they had to let the better one go, because their GM is a moron. Why would anyone get rid of Drew Brees and then almost trade their defensive leader in Donnie Edwards? Even if both don't have a lot of time left in their careers, particularly Donnie, get your Super Bowl now. I love Rivers, not as much as Brees, but nonetheless I do, but SD= Super Bowl sometime after the Saints do. Go 'Bolts and Go Saints!
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2006

Will wrote:
How 'bout you stop picking one or the other and realize San Diego had two of the 4 best QBs in the NFL, in it's possession at the same time. Unfortunately, they had to let the better one go, because their GM is a moron. Why would anyone get rid of Drew Brees and then almost trade their defensive leader in Donnie Edwards? Even if both don't have a lot of time left in their careers, particularly Donnie, get your Super Bowl now. I love Rivers, not as much as Brees, but nonetheless I do, but SD= Super Bowl sometime after the Saints do. Go 'Bolts and Go Saints!
drew better than rivers??? no way in hell! be it rivers' better numbers (passer rating, td's vs. int) or the wins and losses... d. brees and m. vick are the two most overrated players in the nfl PERIOD.

brees vs. rivers- the #'s don't lie:

drew brees 15 tds 7 int's 95.8 rating. saints record 6-3

philip rivers 13 tds 3 int's 100.4 rating. chargers record 7-2

as for donnie, that's a mystery. aj smith doesn't think he's worth the $$$ as he is primarily a 'passing LB' and he consistently asks for raises. as a fan, i disagree and think donnie deserves more. however, aj did bring in rivers and merriman, and got rid of brees (GREAT MOVE!)- so he is still relatively on my good side.
Bill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2006

I like Drew Brees. He is always an inspiration for me. I will always support and cheer for him no matter he wins or loses. I think he will keep on getting better. He is this kind of guy.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2006

Bernie wrote:
Hey, I think Brees is great and so is Rivers. Brees is play at 110% of his ability..classic overachiever; Rivers is playing at about 90%..pretty scary when he reaches full potential. Brees is good for Saints, Rivers is great for Chargers; and how about that A.J. Let's see N.Y. we'll give you Eli and we get Merriman and Rivers...such a deal!
i agree, brees plays outside of his ability.
realist

Firmat, Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2006

Take your head out of your ass, supercharger. Your first time starter has barely see the light of day and you are already running your mouth. Drew brees a choker? He had a bad game. All of the MVP talk is legit. I think you need to study the game a little better. It is obviousy past your bedtime.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2006

realist wrote:
Take your head out of your ass, supercharger. Your first time starter has barely see the light of day and you are already running your mouth. Drew brees a choker? He had a bad game. All of the MVP talk is legit. I think you need to study the game a little better. It is obviousy past your bedtime.
you said it... rivers is a first year starter. WITH the 2nd best passer rating in the NFL behind peyton manning. he has done things that brees could not even imagine doing (i.e. NEVER feels he's out of the game/MAKES very very few mistakes). while brees is a ridiculous gambler and horrible decision-maker when it comes to his passing.
how did brees do his first year? 17td's 16 INT!!! 76.9 qb rating.

second year? 11 td's 16 INT! 67.5 qb rating.

third year = surprisingly productive! but CHOKED in the playoffs.

fourth year? 24 td's 15 INT. 89.2 qb rating.

all together ONE GOOD YEAR WITH SD.

Rivers??? so far he has 13 td's 3 int's! a 100.4 qb rating. he has now gone three straight games (15 quarters) and thrown 122 consecutive passes without tossing an interception, which is the longest active streak in the NFL.

...that's right shutthefuckup.

you're just lucky enough to have NOT been a chargers fan the past four years with brees at the helm. if you would have seen EVERY game like i did, you'd feel differently. or maybe you wouldn't cause you seem muy estupido.

not to mention, who the FUCK would listen to some puto in argentina lecturing people from the US about football? stick with what YOU know... futbol. i'm not too surprised the saints band-wagon has gone international, being that the MEDIA HYPES that emotion so much. maybe you should be original and not believe everything you hear about the terribly OVERRATED saints and their qb.
john

Pearl River, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2006

Hey guess what the Saints are #1 in passing at 282 ypg. Colston is about to break the record for most yards through the first 10 games in NFL history. Thats not justr counting rookies either. Only needs 110 yards this week. Very likely
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2006

where you at john? brees = 3 int. and another LOSS.

6-4... what a shame. to the bengals? even bigger shame...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of548
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Philip Rivers Discussions

Search the Philip Rivers Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tom Brady doesn't care what ESPN's stat nerds t... 3 hr Janitard 101 21
Envisioning the New Viking Offense May '14 viking nation 4
Dalton expects big deal from Bengals Apr '14 Tigerpoop 1
Raiders Can Play Spoiler For Chargers' Playoff ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Flynnished 7
NFL Week 15 Picks: San Diego Chargers vs. Denve... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Janitor 2
San Diego Chargers vs. Kansas City Chiefs live ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Dan44 2
The San Diego Chargers Should Bring in Quarterb... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Gas Monkey 5
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••