Minnesota Vikings: Offensive Line Remains Last Glaring Hole To Address

Aug 11, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

The offensive line! This is a key area of huge concern in Minnesota right now, but in more ways than many may initially think.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Aug 13, 2011
ezg357

Madera, CA

#1 Aug 11, 2011
WHAT Huge Concerns in more ways then one Wow Where has Frazier been. Did he not see this starting front line last year but yet they resign Cook they keep Sulliven & resign Herrera Just what did Frazier think suddenly this front line was going to start blocking & be good For real Did he think bringing in Johnson was going to fix the whole line. Maybe its time to mix a few of the rookies in the line & give them shot at starting. Can they be any wrose? try anything But dont keep the same line up as last year. Go Vikings
Whatfarts

United States

#2 Aug 12, 2011
This is kind of a bold article to title this way when we have not even seen how this mix bag of clowns at WR will pan out......
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#3 Aug 12, 2011
It does seem Fraiser is relying heavily on veterans instead of tinkering with the line. Sat nite might give us a better inkling of some things, but not if the O/L starters just play 1 or 2 series. AD, McNabb, Gerhart....people like that don't need the abuse but the O/L needs work to see who fits where best.
GBPmies

Finland

#4 Aug 12, 2011
Last glaring hole? What about the secondary? I know Winfield is a stud (he is like the never aging Woodson) but the rest are pretty crappy. I think the safety positions are quite glaring holes too. Then maybe WR, there is a good chance they will suck maybe not a "glaring" hole, but a hole non the less.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#5 Aug 12, 2011
An offensive line is supposed to open gaping holes, not be a glaring hole, unless someone from Asia is saying this because then it would be a glaping hore which pretty much defines the female fans in Minnecrapolis
Honk Hogan

Spring Hill, FL

#6 Aug 12, 2011
The Vikings O-line gives no support to running backs.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YBN5WoktvHM/RtqwNunimeI...

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#7 Aug 12, 2011
Whatfarts wrote:
This is kind of a bold article to title this way when we have not even seen how this mix bag of clowns at WR will pan out......
D-line is dramatically different, too & the secondary,... guess we'll see.
GBPmies

Finland

#8 Aug 13, 2011
The Vikes should trade the Packers their 3rd round pick for a five minute look at the Packers draft board in 2012. Then perhaps maybe just maybe they can figure out how to start drafting and put a team together. Even still there are not enough picks to add to the OL, WR, S, CB, LB they need to come with an ass hair of competing in the next few years. JUNK!

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#9 Aug 13, 2011
In MLB your either buying or selling,depending on where your team is at.
In the NFL they never do.
Anyway,
no more Childress and a new scheme,we know we can run block
and
with the new system and some young OL-men a year older and perhaps wiser
we'll see what the pass blocking brings.
Plenty of time for team cuts and the trade deadline isn't to Oct.
The vikings are a rebuilding team anyway
so
I'm more interested in seeing what we have in Ponder and Rudolph.
For now anyway.
Two years ago the Packer O-line was bad real bad,
ask J.Allen
then
last season they were real good,
we can do the same.
Samefarts

Katy, TX

#10 Aug 13, 2011
So much for that McNabb to Berrian BS....should have never resigned that clown....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Phil Loadholt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mel Kiper on when Vikings should take QB Apr '14 Spielman 2
A look at some Vikings coaching candidates (Dec '13) Jan '14 Harry 3
Extra Points: CUT-ting through the NFL (Sep '13) Sep '13 viking nation 2
8 Things Minnesota Vikings Fans Would Love to S... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Vikings' Loadholt is right where he wanted to be (Aug '13) Aug '13 viking nation 1
Vikings Dominate NFL.com All-NFC North Team (Jul '13) Jul '13 viking nation 7
Minnesota Vikings Free Agency: Should Phil Load... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Phil Loadholt People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••