Peyton Manning is Better Than Brady, ...

Peyton Manning is Better Than Brady, Says Talib

There are 792 comments on the WebProNews story from May 28, 2014, titled Peyton Manning is Better Than Brady, Says Talib. In it, WebProNews reports that:

When the best quarterbacks in the NFL are discussed, it's no surprise that Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are often mentioned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WebProNews.

First Prev
of 40
Next Last
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#1 May 29, 2014
Talib can't be all that bright if he is going to give the Pats and Brady bulletin board material that will last all season long. Hope he repeats it every week and twice the week they play the Pats. Expect him to get torched when he meats Brady on the field. Seems strange that a guy who can't even stay on the field for an entire season has something to say about two HoFers. And even though Denver has a better team, and is loaded on offense (its what makes Peyton look so good), Brady gets more out of the limited offense he is given to work with. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if Peyton has a great year during the regular season and chokes again come playoff time, maybe even against the Pats.
Mensan

Cypress, CA

#2 May 29, 2014
NFL Total Access has put together a piece on who the best players are for each franchise. They made several comments about Johnny Unitas being the best Colts QB ever and not Manning. They went on to say that Unitas was the greatest QB for many years until Joe Montana came along. Concerning Peyton they mentioned that he wasn't even the best QB of his generation, let alone his own team, because of a guy in New England named Tom Brady, who has three times as many SB rings and more AFC appearances despite his having played three fewer years (49 games actually).
A sports writer once told me (our kids played together), that Peyton is like a baseball pitcher who strikes out a lot of batters for show (lots of yards and TDs) but when it comes to winning the game he gives it away (interceptions). It has been put forth that Peyton's playing in a dome inflated his stats, and although this is true, I would suggest that playing in a dome also did him a dis-service because he wasn't prepared for the wind in championship games which history tells us he lost by throwing critical interceptions. Throwing in a windy evironment takes practice you don't get throwing for inflated yards in a windless dome scenario.
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

#3 May 30, 2014
I doubt Peyton will win any more Super Bowls. Based on his deplorable track record in the postseason, he should consider himself lucky to have that one Super Bowl ring. He will be remembered as an overrated underachiever. HOF for sure but will look back on his career with bittersweet memories due to postseason disasters. Has always seen the field probably as good as anyone, except in crunch time. I will always consider Brady a better QB. One of the few QB in history with the skill, instincts, and wherewithall to make something out of nothing. Brady has the heart of a champion and a will of iron.
Worth Two Cents

Miami, FL

#4 May 30, 2014
"Former New England Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib, however, has weighed in on the conversation and put his two cents in, although it may be a bit biased considering he was just signed to the Denver Broncos, the team for which Manning plays."

....just maybe a bit biased. Good story research, Dickless Tracy
Talib Aquibs Momma

Cypress, CA

#5 May 30, 2014
Worth Two Cents wrote:
"Former New England Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib, however, has weighed in on the conversation and put his two cents in, although it may be a bit biased considering he was just signed to the Denver Broncos, the team for which Manning plays."
....just maybe a bit biased. Good story research, Dickless Tracy
What's wrong with you boy, giving Brady all that fuel to come at you and crush you. Don't you know not to do that? Thats not how i taught you. Now you just threw away this coming year and maybe future year opportunities. Let Peyton throw the game away don't do it for him.
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#6 Jun 1, 2014
Darkness Falls wrote:
I doubt Peyton will win any more Super Bowls. Based on his deplorable track record in the postseason, he should consider himself lucky to have that one Super Bowl ring. He will be remembered as an overrated underachiever. HOF for sure but will look back on his career with bittersweet memories due to postseason disasters. Has always seen the field probably as good as anyone, except in crunch time. I will always consider Brady a better QB. One of the few QB in history with the skill, instincts, and wherewithall to make something out of nothing. Brady has the heart of a champion and a will of iron.
Luck had nothing to do with it. Watch the film and see that the first down obtained by forward progress was taken away from Faulk on 4 th and 3 resulting in the Colts win over the Pats. That is the year the league front office commented that it would be nice to see Peyton win one, and they control the refs. During that post season however Peyton threw for only 4 TDs and 7 Interceptions, so the league had to manipulate things just a bit to make it happen. Peyton's 1 SB ring belongs to Brady and Seattle was aware, resulting in them not allowing Peyton any chance to stay close so the league could gift him another one. Just like his passing yards record which fell 6 yards short, so the league gave him the extra 7 yards he needed for the record. The honest record holder, Bree's, should take the NFL to court for a Billion and the condition that the NFL shakes up the Front Office and ousts the Commissioner. Be glad when Peyton retires and the league is not so transparently a Peyton marketing tool.

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#7 Jun 1, 2014
Darkness Falls wrote:
Yet neither Brady or Manning will win the SB again, so no need to wallow on the inevitable.
Freddie

Cypress, CA

#8 Jun 1, 2014
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet neither Brady or Manning will win the SB again, so no need to wallow on the inevitable.
Yet with the state of the AFC, one of them is very likely to make it to the SB and once there, anything can happen if the commissioner directs it and the refs carry it out. They have before.
Commissioner hates Belichick so a Brady victory is likely out. But he loves Peyton so if anything, Peyton could be given a SB win like his MVPs.
scotty pop

Columbia, IL

#9 Jun 1, 2014
Darkness Falls wrote:
Seriously??? He would've had two before Denver if Vanderdouche wouldn't of missed that field goal!!
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#10 Jun 2, 2014
scotty pop wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously??? He would've had two before Denver if Vanderdouche wouldn't of missed that field goal!!
Not really. Peyton still would have had to show up for the final game and his nerves would have resulted in...well you saw it his entire postseason career. The bigger the game, the more likely he throws interceptions, untimely pick sixes, fumbles and loses focus (like that Seattle safety). No doubt he has great skill but that thing the media says about him being so sharp, can't have it both ways and still lose against teams with a winning record. Even lost to the Pats last year after being up by 24 points in the second half. Just not a clutch player. To date Peyton is seen as the greatest choke artist in American Sports History. Gregg Maddux got a shrink and it made all the difference. Peyton should get a shrink of his own. His head is already too big.
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

#11 Jun 3, 2014
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>
Luck had nothing to do with it. Watch the film and see that the first down obtained by forward progress was taken away from Faulk on 4 th and 3 resulting in the Colts win over the Pats. That is the year the league front office commented that it would be nice to see Peyton win one, and they control the refs. During that post season however Peyton threw for only 4 TDs and 7 Interceptions, so the league had to manipulate things just a bit to make it happen. Peyton's 1 SB ring belongs to Brady and Seattle was aware, resulting in them not allowing Peyton any chance to stay close so the league could gift him another one. Just like his passing yards record which fell 6 yards short, so the league gave him the extra 7 yards he needed for the record. The honest record holder, Bree's, should take the NFL to court for a Billion and the condition that the NFL shakes up the Front Office and ousts the Commissioner. Be glad when Peyton retires and the league is not so transparently a Peyton marketing tool.
Wow, it sounds like Peyton hasn't ever done anything to impress you at all. Do you think he should even be a starter?
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

#12 Jun 3, 2014
scotty pop wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not referring to the "what ifs", I was talking about whether he will win any more Super Bowls from this point on. Peyton is in the twilight of his career and doesn't have the arm strength he used to and has never been spot on brilliant in the postseason anyway, so I don't think he will get any more rings. Having said that, it still would not surprise me though if he had another great regular season and racked up 35-40 TD passes and 4,000 + yards. However, as we all know, things often change dramatically for him come playoff time and the deeper he goes in the playoffs, the less dominant he becomes.
fay way

Columbia, IL

#13 Jun 3, 2014
Janitor wrote:
<quoted text>Not really. Peyton still would have had to show up for the final game and his nerves would have resulted in...well you saw it his entire postseason career. The bigger the game, the more likely he throws interceptions, untimely pick sixes, fumbles and loses focus (like that Seattle safety). No doubt he has great skill but that thing the media says about him being so sharp, can't have it both ways and still lose against teams with a winning record. Even lost to the Pats last year after being up by 24 points in the second half. Just not a clutch player. To date Peyton is seen as the greatest choke artist in American Sports History. Gregg Maddux got a shrink and it made all the difference. Peyton should get a shrink of his own. His head is already too big.
Yeah and Tom Brady can't beat the NY Giants in a Super Bowl.
fay way

Columbia, IL

#14 Jun 3, 2014
fay way wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and Tom Brady can't beat the NY Giants in a Super Bowl.
Wait don't they have the same amount of Super Bowl loses?

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#15 Jun 3, 2014
Darkness Falls wrote:
<quoted text>I was not referring to the "what ifs", I was talking about whether he will win any more Super Bowls from this point on. Peyton is in the twilight of his career and doesn't have the arm strength he used to and has never been spot on brilliant in the postseason anyway, so I don't think he will get any more rings. Having said that, it still would not surprise me though if he had another great regular season and racked up 35-40 TD passes and 4,000 + yards. However, as we all know, things often change dramatically for him come playoff time and the deeper he goes in the playoffs, the less dominant he becomes.
Well Peyton is still better at his old age than 90% of the QBs in the NFL.
dude

United States

#16 Jun 3, 2014
Phoenix is a white dude
Torched by White Meat

Miami, FL

#17 Jun 3, 2014
Janitor wrote:
Expect him to get torched when he meats Brady on the field.
LMFAO
Sobchak Security

Miami, FL

#18 Jun 3, 2014
dude wrote:
Phoenix is a white dude
Phoenix is a white Pontiac

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:%2780-%2784...
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#19 Jun 3, 2014
fay way wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and Tom Brady can't beat the NY Giants in a Super Bowl.
Brady did enough to win both games. The first game Samuel dropped the game winning INT as it hit him in the hands, somehow he forgot to hang on, game lost.
The second game it was Welker's turn to drop what he himself admitted was a ball he would catch 9 out of 10 times.
Imagine what you would think if they had done there jobs. It would be Brady with 5 SB wins and 4 MVPs in those games. And Brady is still the same guy and just as good.
Even last year, had Amendola and Hoomanawanui not dropped the winning TD pass against Miami, the Pats would have stolen the first round seating from Denver. Sports writers all said if Brady could have done that they would have given the MVP to him. He is still the same guy and just as good.
Belichick's failure to surround Brady with an acceptable offense is the only barrier to him being seen as far superior to his peers. And Brady is still that same guy and just as good. Go slap Belichick side the head.
Mensan

Cypress, CA

#20 Jun 3, 2014
fay way wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait don't they have the same amount of Super Bowl loses?
Yes they do but Brady has two more SB wins. But a more analytical way to view it
Peyton I SB win in 16 years = 6.25% SB career win%, compared to
Brady 3 SB wins in 13years= 23.08% SB career win%
Analysis says not just 3 times as many wins but closer to 4, due to his lesser time spent chasing them.
Peyton has 3 SB appearances in 16 years = 18.75% SB appearance rate, compared to
Brady has 5 SB appearances in 13 years= 38.46%SB appearance rate
Analysis says not 67% but over 100% better due to less time in the league.
And, from their own lips....
Peyton says he wants to own all the stat records and be paid the most when he retires.
Brady says he just wants to concentrate on winning every game he plays.
Anybody not understand why the Colts owner said that if he had it to do over he wouldn't do it Peyton's way but instead Brady's way? And this is just the tip of the iceberg, but you have to do your homework to get it and you can't make excuses for Peyton when you find it, like the media does. After all why kill the golden goose (cash cow) if by just compromising the truth you can make some big bucks. They are a lot like Peyton (and unlike Brady) in that regard.
The above percentages hold true across the board for Brady over Peyton. Even when the media says that Peyton is the greatest regular season QB (they can't say he is the greatest postseason because he has a losing record here and basically sucks) they are overlooking, again, that Brady has yet again outdone Peyton with a better win percentage and by almost 100points. So much for the media and the truth. It should be the media vs the truth. Pick your side carefully.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 40
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peyton Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Peyton Manning inducted into Colorado Sports Ha... Apr '18 Fart Appointment 3
News NFL great Peyton Manning will drive pace car at... Feb '18 With phartss 7
News Von Miller just wishes Broncos' final game mean... Dec '17 OaklandFartSniffers 2
News Broncos Opponent Profile: Broncos Face An Explo... (Nov '17) Nov '17 Farts Ball 2
News Could Brady be best ever? (Feb '17) Apr '17 SurePhartz 31
News Tom Brady 'willing to play six or seven more ye... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Pants phartzz 6
News With Romo speculation swirling, Broncos coach a... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Potato Phart 2