Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees should shar...

Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees should share MVP award

There are 312 comments on the The Miami Herald story from Dec 29, 2011, titled Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees should share MVP award. In it, The Miami Herald reports that:

I hate ties. OK, maybe tie-goes-to-the-runner is all right and tied shoelaces are a must, but I hate all other ties, from the ones you knot around your neck to the ones that occasionally pop up in sports, dangling there like perpetually uncompleted thoughts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Miami Herald.

GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#289 Feb 17, 2012
BlitzburghX7 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's more than a name. It's a totally new game.
How? I can't wait to hear the Steeler fan explain how the GREEN BAY PACKERS totally changed the game by defeating the Oakland Raiders on January 15, 1967 in Super Bowl I. What was it about the GREEN BAY PACKERS that so fundamentally and thoroughly altered football from that day forward? How did the GREEN BAY PACKERS victory revolutionize a game that had been played for many decades? What exactly was it about the GREEN BAY PACKERS that made Championships have new and greater meaning than ever before?

The GREEN BAY PACKERS were so awesome that their performance ushered in the game that everybody knows and loves today. I look forward to having a Steeler fan explain this to the entire world. You can explain it, can't you?
eric

Arpin, WI

#290 Feb 17, 2012
I guess the Packers are more powerful and more important then any of us thought,if they can totally change the game. Now, if they can only end poverty,starvation,find a cure for some dreaded diseases,end our countries unemployment and debt we would be really cooking

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#291 Feb 17, 2012
The Steelers hold the NFL record with 6 Super Bowls won!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#292 Feb 17, 2012
The Packers hold the NFL record with 13 NFL Championships won. The GREEN BAY PACKERS have been the world's best football team far more often than any other team.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#293 Feb 17, 2012
eric wrote:
I guess the Packers are more powerful and more important then any of us thought,if they can totally change the game. Now, if they can only end poverty,starvation,find a cure for some dreaded diseases,end our countries unemployment and debt we would be really cooking
The Packers are so awesome that Steeler fans claim that the Packers made football a "totally different game"!!!!!!! What greater compliment can the NFL's record holder of 13 NFL Championships receive from a fan of a team with a mere 6 Championships?
eric

Arpin, WI

#294 Feb 17, 2012
I still dont see how one can deny GB won 13 championships and the NFL official records STATE the GB has more championships then any other NFL team.
6 SB mean 6 Championships
4 SB and 9 championships before the game was marketed the SB means 13 NFL Championships,how hard is that to comprehend?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#295 Feb 17, 2012
eric wrote:
I still dont see how one can deny GB won 13 championships and the NFL official records STATE the GB has more championships then any other NFL team.
6 SB mean 6 Championships
4 SB and 9 championships before the game was marketed the SB means 13 NFL Championships,how hard is that to comprehend?
I think you were right. They do understand, but it just drives them crazy with envy. On the other hand, it is possible that they are just too stupid to understand.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#296 Feb 17, 2012
eric wrote:
I still dont see how one can deny GB won 13 championships and the NFL official records STATE the GB has more championships then any other NFL team.
6 SB mean 6 Championships
4 SB and 9 championships before the game was marketed the SB means 13 NFL Championships,how hard is that to comprehend?
Isn't it weird that so many people refuse to acknowledge a simple fact. It just goes to prove the power of jealousy. Honestly, the Packers have a great tradition. It's nice, but I would be a fan nonetheless if the Packers had a much less storied past. The only reason I mention it so often is I know how much it bothers fans of other teams. I think I enjoy their reaction more than I enjoy the Packer legacy. Is that wrong? Am I a bad person for wanting to yank their chains?
eric

Arpin, WI

#297 Feb 17, 2012
Its not yanking the chains,its stating facts.Someone wants to tell you they are better for winning 18 division titles,you,I GBPrimes nad PFWK mention 13 world championships.Hell,after years of bad football,we should be proud and enjoy the success.I never thought of enjoying the reaction more then the legacy itself.maybe im missing more fun then i thought?If it is wrong,screw it. I dont think your a bad person,lord knows we fought more then our share over the past few years for sure didnt we.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#298 Feb 17, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>The Packers are so awesome that Steeler fans claim that the Packers made football a "totally different game"!!!!!!! What greater compliment can the NFL's record holder of 13 NFL Championships receive from a fan of a team with a mere 6 Championships?
I did not say that the Packers made the NFL a new game. Before you make these assumptions, I would suggest that you move an adjustment in your comprehension. I translate it for you. Six rings is greater than four rings. That is the current score.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#299 Feb 18, 2012
BlitzburghX7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that the Packers made the NFL a new game. Before you make these assumptions, I would suggest that you move an adjustment in your comprehension. I translate it for you. Six rings is greater than four rings. That is the current score.
Too bad for you. NFL Championship rings were not created with marketing term Super Bowl. The Packers have 13 rings. The first championship ring to ever be made for players by the team was for the 1922 NFL World Champions: the New York Giants. I'm not surprised that you are too ignorant to know this.

If you were intelligent you could do an online search of "Who has the most NFL League Championship rings" but you have already established that you don't know how to use a computer for knowledge. The only purpose for a computer in your world is to display your ignorance.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_has_the_most_NF...
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#300 Feb 18, 2012
eric wrote:
Its not yanking the chains,its stating facts.Someone wants to tell you they are better for winning 18 division titles,you,I GBPrimes nad PFWK mention 13 world championships.Hell,after years of bad football,we should be proud and enjoy the success.I never thought of enjoying the reaction more then the legacy itself.maybe im missing more fun then i thought?If it is wrong,screw it. I dont think your a bad person,lord knows we fought more then our share over the past few years for sure didnt we.
We have disagreed about the direction of the Packers, but you know better than anyone that I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. Our past arguments are a perfect example. You were right. Despite the arguments, I always knew we both had great respect for the history of the game and the legacy of the Packers.

I certainly am enjoying the Packers recent success and envious fans of other teams are not going to ruin it for me and I'm sure you feel the same.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#301 Feb 18, 2012
BlitzburghX7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that the Packers made the NFL a new game. Before you make these assumptions, I would suggest that you move an adjustment in your comprehension. I translate it for you. Six rings is greater than four rings. That is the current score.
The current score is a league record 13 Championships by the GREEN BAY PACKERS. Every other team trails by a significant margin. Ignore it all you want. The NFL Record and Fact Book clearly states that the Packers have the most Championships.

BTW if football is totally different as of January 15, 1967 there is only one reason -- the GREEN BAY PACKERS! I'm willing to listen to your explanation of what else changed the game if you think you can dream up a different reason. So far you haven't provided any explaination of how it became more meaningful or special to be the world's best football team on that date.
PackerBacker-Wic hitaKs

Wichita, KS

#302 Feb 18, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
We have disagreed about the direction of the Packers, but you know better than anyone that I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. Our past arguments are a perfect example. You were right. Despite the arguments, I always knew we both had great respect for the history of the game and the legacy of the Packers.
I certainly am enjoying the Packers recent success and envious fans of other teams are not going to ruin it for me and I'm sure you feel the same.
Thought I would chime in here. Couldn't agree with you more. You and I have also had our disagreements but I also understood your respect for the history of the game and the legacy of the Packers. What I find comical, if not sad, is the way some people (i.e. ezg) want to twist everything around to fit their needs. Envy and jealousy of the Packers and their fans is all I can say. Looking forward to hearing from you, Eric and other Packers fans this off-season. Can't wait to see the improvements the team makes and ready to see them make another run for an NFL Championship!
DEWY

Marshfield, WI

#303 Feb 18, 2012
Recent history G.B. 20 years of winning and CHAMPIONSHIPS /SUPER BOWLS. Past history CHAMPIONSHIPS/ SUPER BOWLS! Enough said .I will not get in a pissing match about what they were/are called. That is why I stay away from this site.So who cares how others ad them up or call them? ITS 13 and more than likely on the way to 14 very soon.GOOD BYE AGAIN!
DEWY

Marshfield, WI

#304 Feb 18, 2012
One last thing. NO one on here can agree to disagree. All that happens is the name calling and insults. Who says who is right or wrong? This whole site is personal opinion. Yes there are facts stated but even then not all will agree .GROW UP that is just how it is. This time I am done.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#305 Feb 18, 2012
DEWY wrote:
Yes there are facts stated but even then not all will agree .
Yes, there are people that do disagree with facts. It's crazy, but what can anybody do about that?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#306 Feb 18, 2012
PackerBacker-WichitaKs wrote:
<quoted text>Thought I would chime in here. Couldn't agree with you more. You and I have also had our disagreements but I also understood your respect for the history of the game and the legacy of the Packers. What I find comical, if not sad, is the way some people (i.e. ezg) want to twist everything around to fit their needs. Envy and jealousy of the Packers and their fans is all I can say. Looking forward to hearing from you, Eric and other Packers fans this off-season. Can't wait to see the improvements the team makes and ready to see them make another run for an NFL Championship!
The Packers have enough talent to be serious contenders. NFL Championships and 15-1 records don't happen by accident. Fortunately, the Packers don't need to overhaul. Marginal improvements can be enough to avoid the playoff disappointment we saw this year. Knowing Thompson, I'm sure the draft is going to be the primary (and possibly sole) tool in the effort. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
eric

Arpin, WI

#307 Feb 18, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
We have disagreed about the direction of the Packers, but you know better than anyone that I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. Our past arguments are a perfect example. You were right. Despite the arguments, I always knew we both had great respect for the history of the game and the legacy of the Packers.
I certainly am enjoying the Packers recent success and envious fans of other teams are not going to ruin it for me and I'm sure you feel the same.
IMO,how can someone not respect the legacy of the Packers and all they have accomplshed and respect the history of the NFL,but,unf. there are some that do.
As im sure you do as well,I do respect the history of not only the NFL but teams like Pittsburgh ( with the Rooney family and CHuck Knoll,the steel curtain ect) Dallas,SF in the 80s and 90s and other teams. I do feel the same way you do,I am enjoying Packer success and I wont slam on the NYG or anyother champion team.Its a tough title to win ( although i have questioned NE after the 01-05 accusations ect) but slamming someone else wont make your team better.We did argue a ton and both of us could have and or should have handled it better,so live and learn i guess.Both have passion for winning and winning championships,we just have differing opinions of how to get there,but, the most important part isnt who was right or wrong,it is the fact GB got there last year,unf. this year NYG were the better team that day and now its time for the Packers to reload the squad and get back at it next year to bring the title back to Green Bay and hopefully it will happen.
eric

Arpin, WI

#308 Feb 18, 2012
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Packers have enough talent to be serious contenders. NFL Championships and 15-1 records don't happen by accident. Fortunately, the Packers don't need to overhaul. Marginal improvements can be enough to avoid the playoff disappointment we saw this year. Knowing Thompson, I'm sure the draft is going to be the primary (and possibly sole) tool in the effort. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Not that i take the Bleacher Report as gospel but they mentioned a nice senario.Trading James Jones for a DE.WR is a position of strength and he can bring back a nice return.He did cut back on the drops,he just isnt going to get the playing time he may deserve with Jennings,Nelson,Driver and Cobb around and now you can add Tori Gurley to the mix.I liked TT approach of drafts and trading down for multiple picks,then when close they traded up ( 2 2nds for a higher 2nd and BANG Clay Mathews).IMO this is going to be a year where Ted actually signs a relatively big name in the Market or will pull off something like the trade mentioned above.Again, not that i follow the B.Report and treat it as gospel but....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Peyton Manning Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Could Brady be best ever? (Feb '17) Apr '17 SurePhartz 31
News Tom Brady 'willing to play six or seven more ye... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Pants phartzz 6
News With Romo speculation swirling, Broncos coach a... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Potato Phart 2
News The Bizarre Reason The NFL Has Gotten So Lucky ... (Nov '14) Feb '17 One Bizarre Phart 5
News Atlanta-area gas station refusing to sell Samue... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Phart Little 2
News Jahvid Best and the Biggest Risk/Reward Picks o... (Jul '12) Aug '16 Stubby 13
News Colts commission artist to create statue of Pey... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Bradylust 2
More from around the web