Assessing the Vikings' thin group of LBs

Jun 22, 2012 Full story: ESPN 39

Despite a near-obsession with the every move of receiver Percy Harvin , I did take some time this week to report on some other facets of the Minnesota Vikings during the first two days of minicamp.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what the f

Pensacola, FL

#21 Jun 24, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>I Know a lot of Aholes like you that THINKs there being cool By jumping on the Bandwagon of others That fits you perfect. Your a little Punk follower This Bit-h as you call me Would kick your face in if you was in front of me now. At least Avent isnt a Follower like you are. Avant speeks his mind & you follow others leads. I can bet you know less about the game of football then Avant. Now Go & do what you do best kiss A-ss & follow the other fans on here lead Bend over Guys what the f
Got some more a-ss kissing to do
LOL, Gotcha!!
ezg357

Madera, CA

#22 Jun 24, 2012
what the f wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, Gotcha!!
lol that you did My apologies But I wasnt really talking you when I said that about Avant I was only stating my opinion on why I think he says what he does on here & that alomst every sport news paper has said the same thing & how he repeats what he was reading. once again my remarks wasnt aimed at you or anyone. but what you said in your reply pissed me off.
GBPmies

Finland

#23 Jun 24, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>I Know a lot of Aholes like you that THINKs there being cool By jumping on the Bandwagon of others That fits you perfect. Your a little Punk follower This Bit-h as you call me Would kick your face in if you was in front of me now. At least Avent isnt a Follower like you are. Avant speeks his mind & you follow others leads. I can bet you know less about the game of football then Avant. Now Go & do what you do best kiss A-ss & follow the other fans on here lead Bend over Guys what the f
Got some more a-ss kissing to do
Holy Moly ezg!!! WTF was that all about? Having a bad day? Need a Midol? LMAO! 40for 60 was right you are classy! LOL
You do tend to follow Avant around and overly support him with a certain hint of man love. Are you his bi*ch?
GBPmies

Finland

#24 Jun 24, 2012
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/...

I am sure he is the answer! I bet they wait to see who gets cut before the season and start that guy instead... I would!
GBPmies

Finland

#25 Jun 24, 2012
Typically, the [Tampa 2] players don't have the prototypical size of other NFL defenders. Instead, stress is put on speed, smarts and flawless tackling.[…] A quick defensive line is a must, but the middle linebacker position is the straw that stirs the drink.

I hear the middle of the Dline is key (Williams wall) and a hard ass MLB (Henderson in his prime). You also need two good safeties. Maybe the Vikings should switch defensive schemes, they do not seem to have the talent to run the Tampa 2 as of right now... but not many do.

Is the Tampa 2 becoming obsolete in today’s pass happy league?

‘Need a little more proof? Just look at the four teams who ran the Tampa-2 defense this year's numbers. None of the four made the playoffs. They had a combined 17 wins. Two of the four coaches were fired. And three of the four worst pass defenses in the NFL (based on opponent QB rating) were in Tampa Bay, Indianapolis and Minnesota.‘

http://www.vikings101.com/2012/01/26/not-long...
ezg357

Madera, CA

#26 Jun 24, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
Typically, the [Tampa 2] players don't have the prototypical size of other NFL defenders. Instead, stress is put on speed, smarts and flawless tackling.[…] A quick defensive line is a must, but the middle linebacker position is the straw that stirs the drink.
I hear the middle of the Dline is key (Williams wall) and a hard ass MLB (Henderson in his prime). You also need two good safeties. Maybe the Vikings should switch defensive schemes, they do not seem to have the talent to run the Tampa 2 as of right now... but not many do.
‘Need a little more proof? Just look at the four teams who ran the Tampa-2 defense this year's numbers. None of the four made the playoffs. They had a combined 17 wins. Two of the four coaches were fired. And three of the four worst pass defenses in the NFL (based on opponent QB rating) were in Tampa Bay, Indianapolis and Minnesota.‘
some good points GBPmies I dont think it was the Tampa 2 defense as much as it being these teams falling apart after all the Colts won a Super Bowl with the Tampa 2 D & the year before last Tampa did pretty good with it
ezg357

Madera, CA

#27 Jun 24, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
The Worst defense last year wasnt the Tampa 2 defense It was the Packers defense right & their not running the Tampa 2 defense so that theory is kind of out the window I think
GBPmies

Finland

#28 Jun 24, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text> The Worst defense last year wasnt the Tampa 2 defense It was the Packers defense right & their not running the Tampa 2 defense so that theory is kind of out the window I think
The Packers were worst in terms of yards, yes. But that is not what what I posted was in relation too.

3 out of the 4 was the key there ezg. 3 out of 4 Tampa 2 defenses were bad. Not all 3-4 defenses are bad just the Packers but most Tampa 2 defenses were bad. The analogy of the worst defenses was about the ‘opponents QB rating’ not yards against so throwing the Packers into the mix was irrelevant unless you can state their ranking(23) in similar context. Which you did not. I guess you have low comprehension

More than that the Vikings are very far from having the personnel to run a Tampa 2. Things missing a high quality MLB, 2 good Safeties, and interior Dline- how are they going to improve as a Defense without these key positions in the Tampa 2?

If you want to talk stats go ahead here is some help for 'opponent QB passer rating', I see the Vikings were the worst! http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats...

They also gave up more points on Defense than the Packers. I know the Packers pass defence needs work I am not in denial are you about the Vikings?

So you are comparing apples to oranges and I do not expect you to follow any of this as it is higher than your pay grade so to speak. Your next post will be completely useless and make no sense as a response to this post. I can see the future or I have learned from the past...
GBPmies

Finland

#29 Jun 24, 2012
ezg
Do you think the Vikings had a better defense last year then the Packers? Go ahead and think so...but remember ezg, stats are ‘facts’ not ‘opinions’.

Points per game
Vikings= 28.1
Packers= 22.4
Last I check POINTS determine who wins and who loses NOT YARDS

Other stats other than yards

Opponent passer rating
Vikings= 107.6
Packers= 80.6

Take aways
Vikings = 23
Packers = 38

we can go futher if needed...
ezg357

Madera, CA

#30 Jun 24, 2012
First off GBPmies I dont think We was talking about QB ratings was we? It was the tampa 2 defense You was saying that the Tampa 2 defense wasnt any good I pointed out that the Colts Won a Super Bowl with it & how the year before last tampa did pretty good with it. & how the Packers had the worst defense & yes they play a 34 defense I will post each of there post the stats below
ezg357

Madera, CA

#31 Jun 24, 2012
ezg357

Madera, CA

#32 Jun 24, 2012
ezg357

Madera, CA

#33 Jun 24, 2012
I wasnt knocking the Packers Defense like you seem to think I was pointing out that they dont use the Tampa 2 defense & yet they was last in the NFL in pass defense Worst then teams using the Tampa 2 defense New England also dont use the Tampa 2 defense & yet they was 31 first. Like I said I dont think the reason the Vikings, Colts & Tampa Bay didnt play well was the defenses they was using it wasnt the tampa 2 defense for them playing bad defense it was because of the players they had playing it & the Same goes with the Packers & New England The Players are at fault. & this is Why the Vikings drafted a Safety & CB LB
ezg357

Madera, CA

#34 Jun 24, 2012
In no way was I knocking the Packers defense There always seem's to be this misunderstanding I know that the Packers defense was good as far as INTs goes & they was good when teams was inside there 20 tied with the 49ers D with opp. inside there 20 But there over all Pass defense wasnt good & they are using a 34 D & not the Tampa 2 I merely was pointing that out as a example.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#35 Jun 24, 2012
GBPmies you so defensive about your team you cant seem the reason what I am saying So yes its Low Comprehension.
I am sure everyone on here but you understands what I was meaning.
GBPmies

Finland

#36 Jun 25, 2012
I brought up the Tampa 2 comments and the QB rating, you tried to talk about another stat of yards after the fact so I corrected you and I posted the stats for you. I thought it best so we are on the same page. Turns out we were not even in the same book LOL!

Anyways I would rather discuss the Vikings personel and how they fit into the Tampa 2. What do you think are the most important positions in the Tampa 2? What do you have to have to be successful? I understood you need great players at interior Dline (both), MLB, and both Safties.

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#37 Jun 25, 2012
Neutralizing comments down to opinions is hog wash.Every Time someone opens their mouth at work,in the car,the living room,kitchen or wherever,it's just that,an opinion.
Birds of a feather,flock together.Personalities is what we're talking about.It's either a fit or not,and that is the reason we get along or don't.Just like in life.You get a feel for someone even on a computer chat room.
In the end it's opinion but really,it's personality with a flair.
opinions
BAWAHAHAHA
who comes up with this shit??????????

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#38 Jun 25, 2012
Example:
Jimmy/Childress
we're both expressing opinions
but
just can't get along with jimmy.
plus opinions usually amount to someone being right and someone being wrong.
it's the personality that makes the fit,not necessarily the opinion.
therefore,I'll express myself
THE WAY I SEE FIT.
P E R I O D ..........
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#39 Jun 25, 2012
If the Vikings LB's are thin they should eat more and work out.....Sheesh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Percy Harvin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Source: Percy Harvin traded to Jets Oct 30 Flatulence Fred 46
Extra Points: Strike three is looming for Harvin Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 4
Minnesota Vikings News: Possible Trade Destinat... (Jun '12) Oct '14 VikingFarts 15
Broncos, Seahawks top AP Pro32 before rematch Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 1
Seattle dominates Denver 43-8 (Feb '14) Jul '14 Dave 10
Super Bowl: Seahawks hold big lead (Feb '14) Feb '14 test 2
Drafting Sam Watkins makes sense, ranking the t... (Feb '14) Feb '14 GBPmies 2

Percy Harvin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE