Assessing the Vikings' thin group of LBs

Jun 22, 2012 Full story: ESPN 39

Despite a near-obsession with the every move of receiver Percy Harvin , I did take some time this week to report on some other facets of the Minnesota Vikings during the first two days of minicamp.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#1 Jun 23, 2012
I heard Emerson Griffen played some at LB during OTAs. The guy can run and tackle as he has been a gunner on Special Teams, he is bigger and faster than Brinkley, it seems as if the only thing missing is coaching...if you get the drift. And why not try Larry Dean at S instead of LB.? They're saying the Vikings have no back-ups at LB, so Dean must not be cutting the mustard there, so plug him him somewhere like safety.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#2 Jun 23, 2012
The Vikes did draft one LB Audie Cole 6ft4 246lbs & he is pretty good I seen some of his Collage games.He lines up all over the field.>.XXYOUTUBE-P6gC5L7Ev D8XX
ezg357

Madera, CA

#3 Jun 23, 2012
ezg357

Madera, CA

#4 Jun 23, 2012
Harrison Smith also played LB before moving to safety

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 Jun 23, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
Not only are we thin at LB the team talent level is poor. We have one sure all-pro on the team next year.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#6 Jun 23, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
Championship's can't be won with average football players.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#7 Jun 23, 2012
I think LB Andra Davis (BUFis unsigned I know he is older then what the Vikes are looking for being 34 this year but he is a veteran that knows the game & a solid player He could be worth looking into for a one year contract
ezg357

Madera, CA

#8 Jun 23, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Not only are we thin at LB the team talent level is poor. We have one sure all-pro on the team next year.
True the Vikes depth at LB is thin

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#9 Jun 23, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
I think LB Andra Davis (BUFis unsigned I know he is older then what the Vikes are looking for being 34 this year but he is a veteran that knows the game & a solid player He could be worth looking into for a one year contract
Vikings are only going to be able to draft us out of last place. That's what green bay, detroit and chicago did.

Starting next draft we need to draft dynamic playmakers to catch up to the teams in our division.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#10 Jun 23, 2012
The Vikes does have Greenway a very sloid player. The Vikes need to add a LB on the other side The Vikes did sign middle LB Marvin Mitchell in april this year.He could move to the outside. With Jasper Brinkley playing in the middle. Mitchell played with the Saint 2010-2011 He wasn't there starter Vilma was the Saints starter pretty hard to replace Vilim..But Mitchell did see the field in garbage time He totaled 43 tackles, one sack, two forced fumbles and two safeties. He also deflected two passes and recovered as many fumbles as he forced.The Guy Play & the Vikings could use him as a outside LB
ezg357

Madera, CA

#11 Jun 23, 2012
Mitchill can play is a solid player

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#12 Jun 23, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
Mitchill can play is a solid player
Can't wait for preseason to see what kind of talent the vikings have.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#13 Jun 23, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Can't wait for preseason to see what kind of talent the vikings have.
Yes same here I am hoping the rookies look as good as they did in collage I know the Vikes was only a 3-13 team last year But many of them games was winnable. Them first four games last season I think after losing them The teams play wasnt near a good It was like they lost there will to win. I am hope new blood will change it.
what the f

Pensacola, FL

#14 Jun 23, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Can't wait for preseason to see what kind of talent the vikings have.
You just got done saying in an earlier post that the team has poor talent ! NOW you say you cant wait to see what kind of talent they have ? My God, what a fip-flopping, know-nothing you are!

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#15 Jun 23, 2012
what the f wrote:
<quoted text>You just got done saying in an earlier post that the team has poor talent ! NOW you say you cant wait to see what kind of talent they have ? My God, what a fip-flopping, know-nothing you are!
Let me put it this way, I can't wait for preseason so you know what I know.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#16 Jun 23, 2012
I think what Avant was meaning about The Vikes talent being poor is He's only repeating whats in every Sports news paperis saying So why jump on him when everyone is saying the very same thing. He is only stating a fact
what the f

Pensacola, FL

#17 Jun 23, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Let me put it this way, I can't wait for preseason so you know what I know.
And the back-pedaling begins.
what the f

Pensacola, FL

#18 Jun 23, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
I think what Avant was meaning about The Vikes talent being poor is He's only repeating whats in every Sports news paperis saying So why jump on him when everyone is saying the very same thing. He is only stating a fact
Because ezg, thats all he ever does is read what others have to say and then comes on here parroting it and acting like it was an original idea of his own. And I dont know if you realize it or not, but you already have a reputation on this board as Avants little yes-b*tch. Just like the Offspring song says "Now dance, f**ker, dance! Your rebuttals are futile because this is all I have to say on this particular topic.

Davenport, FL

#19 Jun 23, 2012
post5,6,9,12.15
grade F
can we get this guy out of the Viking forum?
Nothing but bitching for years.
even in 09 our NFC Championship rd,so it's not a matter of anything
but
bitching like a little girl.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#20 Jun 23, 2012
what the f wrote:
<quoted text>Because ezg, thats all he ever does is read what others have to say and then comes on here parroting it and acting like it was an original idea of his own. And I dont know if you realize it or not, but you already have a reputation on this board as Avants little yes-b*tch. Just like the Offspring song says "Now dance, f**ker, dance! Your rebuttals are futile because this is all I have to say on this particular topic.
I Know a lot of Aholes like you that THINKs there being cool By jumping on the Bandwagon of others That fits you perfect. Your a little Punk follower This Bit-h as you call me Would kick your face in if you was in front of me now. At least Avent isnt a Follower like you are. Avant speeks his mind & you follow others leads. I can bet you know less about the game of football then Avant. Now Go & do what you do best kiss A-ss & follow the other fans on here lead Bend over Guys what the f
Got some more a-ss kissing to do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Percy Harvin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Source: Percy Harvin traded to Jets 11 hr Alan 22
Extra Points: Strike three is looming for Harvin Oct 20 Flatulence Fred 4
Minnesota Vikings News: Possible Trade Destinat... (Jun '12) Oct 18 VikingFarts 15
Broncos, Seahawks top AP Pro32 before rematch Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 1
Seattle dominates Denver 43-8 (Feb '14) Jul '14 Dave 10
Super Bowl: Seahawks hold big lead (Feb '14) Feb '14 test 2
Drafting Sam Watkins makes sense, ranking the t... (Feb '14) Feb '14 GBPmies 2

Percy Harvin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE