Frazier to fans: Please be patient

Frazier to fans: Please be patient

There are 100 comments on the Star Tribune story from Sep 19, 2011, titled Frazier to fans: Please be patient. In it, Star Tribune reports that:

That was the message Frazier imparted during his meeting with the media Monday, the day after a 24-20 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers dropped the team to 0-2. "My only words to our fans are be patient," Frazier said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star Tribune.

Nowfarts

Cypress, TX

#62 Sep 25, 2011
Another second half where the offense cant score and the defense cant stop anyone...

Outscored 26-3...

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#63 Sep 25, 2011
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
GED? Gloatmies? juvenile insecurities? Really that is not your finest work 40, come on you are better than that.
So if I give a Viking fan a hard time for throwing their coach under the bus after 2 games I am gloating? What exactly am I gloating about?
So you are really here to talk Viking football, huh?
LOL, good one
I'm sure if we talked to people close to you, we'd all come to the same conclusion eventually.

Since: Jan 11

Anoka, MN

#64 Sep 25, 2011
i will never hate frasier as much as i do with 2 vikings coaches. 1. les steckel 2. clueless. i know we are going to sux for the next few yrs, just thought we might have had a chance this yr. SKOL VIKES

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#65 Sep 25, 2011
^ well, your expectations are shared by a lot of fans. Is there a minimum number of wins the Vikings must have for Frazier to keep his job?
ezg357

Madera, CA

#66 Sep 25, 2011
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
EZG, I apologize for calling you ”fair weathered fan”. You have been around here for a while I hear so I used a poor choice of words. I was wrong there.
You throwing the head coach under the bus after his first to games in his first official year, which were close games, a new offence, and no offseason to install it, and loss of some key players probably does not qualify as a “fair weathered fan”. I do however think it is shameful!!!
As for the rest of the post… I think you are just making things up, or guessing, or assuming but not telling the truth or using facts, it was mostly just BS! Here are some thoughts I had though about your incoherent ramblings.
1. McCarthy didn’t replace Holmgren,(WOW?)
2. Holmgren was NOT fired,(WOW?) we wanted HC and GM job the Packers would not give but Seattle did and he left. He is a great coach and a Super Bowl Champion too.
3. McCarthy replaced Sherman who was GM for 1 year, they brought in Ted Thomson after that and the next year Sherman was out and McCarthy was in. I think Ted wanted a clean start.
4. Favre didn’t win countless championships, you can count them. I was big fan; he is a great Super Bowl champ too.
5. The way some Packers fans treated Favre after his time in GB was shameful I agree. You have no idea if I did or did not treat him good or bad. Again you are making stuff up, it is pathetic
6. I think Frazier has had a great career as D coordinator, and from what I read he is well respected by the players and good leader. I guess we disagree on that.
7. Frazier coming from the Eagles? Well kinda, he coached there in the beginning part of his career but most important was his time with Bengals and then with Dungy and the Colts. Sure Frazier met Childress in Philly but that is not the place he had most of his success or made a name for himself.
8. I do have big mouth, Mick Jagger style too, it’s weird
I may have been wrong about Packers coaches When they was hired however Your also wrong in saying Favre didnt win countlsss championships here is the proof> Favre - He is the only player to win the AP Most Valuable Player three consecutive times (1995–97).[4] He has led teams to eight division championships (1995, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2009), five NFC Championship Games (1995, 1996, 1997, 2007, 2009), and two Super Bowl appearances (Super Bowl XXXI, Super Bowl XXXII), winning one (Super Bowl XXXI). & yes I know this is adding his one winning seson with the Vikings But still its is countless championships like I said &I may hve too a wekk to get back to you Only becaus I work long hrs. I didnt lie about anything other then being wrong about when the Packers got there coaches & Frazier LIKE I said has Never had a good secondary Never (End of story.) One more thin Mick Jagger big mouth has talent Yours just put out B.S. Go Vikings
ezg357

Madera, CA

#67 Sep 25, 2011
my batteries are going died I was trying to say I took a week to get back to you only because work long hrs.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#68 Sep 25, 2011
GBPmies! I also said Frave was treated like Dirt BY big mouth fans like your self (BY is the key word here) I didnt come out & say you treated him that way I said BY big mouth fans like your self meaning They the packers fans has a big mouth like you. Read it right. I thought listing by numbers went out in grade school or didnt you know that. I am so done talking to a guy That only comes on here to get his ODD kicks by knocking others. What a pitiful way to live
GBPmies

Helsinki, Finland

#69 Sep 26, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>I may have been wrong about Packers coaches When they was hired however Your also wrong in saying Favre didnt win countlsss championships here is the proof> Favre - He is the only player to win the AP Most Valuable Player three consecutive times (1995–97).[4] He has led teams to eight division championships (1995, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2009), five NFC Championship Games (1995, 1996, 1997, 2007, 2009), and two Super Bowl appearances (Super Bowl XXXI, Super Bowl XXXII), winning one (Super Bowl XXXI). & yes I know this is adding his one winning seson with the Vikings But still its is countless championships like I said &I may hve too a wekk to get back to you Only becaus I work long hrs. I didnt lie about anything other then being wrong about when the Packers got there coaches & Frazier LIKE I said has Never had a good secondary Never (End of story.) One more thin Mick Jagger big mouth has talent Yours just put out B.S. Go Vikings
Here is what I wrote (copy and paste from my post) read it several times if needed
“4. Favre didn’t win countless championships, you can count them. I was big fan; he is a great Super Bowl champ too.”

What I said is he did not win “COUNTLESS” championships, because you can COUNT them. You can count everyone’s championships.

So to sum up.
You just COUNTED Favre’s championships, so Favre’s championships are “NOT COUNTLESS”
count•less - Incapable of being counted; innumerable

So NO I was not wrong, YOU are WRONG again! But at least this time you were able to prove yourself wrong, so maybe now you should go get all upset at yourself, reply to your own post in more incoherent babbling, and call yourself a big mouth full of BS.
GBPmies

Helsinki, Finland

#70 Sep 26, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
GBPmies! I also said Frave was treated like Dirt BY big mouth fans like your self (BY is the key word here) I didnt come out & say you treated him that way I said BY big mouth fans like your self meaning They the packers fans has a big mouth like you. Read it right. I thought listing by numbers went out in grade school or didnt you know that. I am so done talking to a guy That only comes on here to get his ODD kicks by knocking others. What a pitiful way to live
I quote you EZG- This is copy and paste of your text

“Favre that won countless championships & a Super Bowl for the Packers & there fans was treated like Dirt by big mouth fans like your self.”

-not a clear sentence as to whether I am a big mouth like the fans, or I was treating Favre like dirt, or both

“Favre after all he did for the team Favre's countless wins.& the enjoyment he gave big moth fans like your self. & you treat him the way you packers fans did was shameless”

- here you include me in the big mouth fans and then wrote “& you treat him the way…”

Maybe you did not mean to write that I treated Favre bad but these two “sentences” makes it seem you did say I treated Favre bad.

Don’t tell me to “read it right”. Why don’t you “write it write” and I will “read it right”
GBPmies

Helsinki, Finland

#71 Sep 26, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
I quote you EZG- This is copy and paste of your text

“Favre that won countless championships & a Super Bowl for the Packers & there fans was treated like Dirt by big mouth fans like your self.”- quote
---not a clear sentence as to whether I am a big mouth like the fans, or I was treating Favre like dirt, or both

“Favre after all he did for the team Favre's countless wins.& the enjoyment he gave big moth fans like your self. & you treat him the way you packers fans did was shameless”-quote
---here you include me in the big mouth fans and then wrote “& you treat him the way…”

Maybe you did not mean to write that I treated Favre bad but these two “sentences” makes it seem you did say I treated Favre bad.

Don’t tell me to “read it right”. Why don’t you “write it write” and I will “read it right”
GBPmies

Helsinki, Finland

#72 Sep 26, 2011
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are really here to talk Viking football, huh?
LOL, good one
I'm sure if we talked to people close to you, we'd all come to the same conclusion eventually.
Way to dodge the question 40! Nice work.
Workfarts

Houston, TX

#73 Sep 26, 2011
Still with the Favre arguments...lol...

Move on...Favre is retired and the new experiment McDivots is a bigger waste...
paris

Menomonee Falls, WI

#74 Sep 26, 2011
eric wrote:
3. McCarthy replaced Sherman who was GM for 1 year, they brought in Ted Thomson after that and the next year Sherman was out and McCarthy was in. I think Ted wanted a clean start.

One thing..Yes.Holmgren left GB to become HC and GM in Seattle,Ron Wolf then retired as GM less then a year later so Mike Sherman was HC and GM from 2000-2004.Sherman was then released of his GM duties after the 04 season where Ted Thompson took over as GM for the 05 season,where after then M.Sherman was fired as HC as well.I believe a Combo of TT wanted his own man and M.S. was pissed and still hurt from being fired as GM,then TT hired Mike McCarthy as HC for the 06 until present.

The histrionics appears accurate Eric. I never will understand how/why they gave both positions to Sherman. Holmgren was denied both and left, after two Superbowl appearances no less. Instead, they give both positions to Sherman who handn't won/done anything. The next five years were basically a waste of time and Favre's career. Imagine what could have been had Holmgren had some more years with Favre. He was the only NFL coach besides McCarthy & Thompson who was willing to say "NO" to the Legend.
Sayfarts

Houston, TX

#75 Sep 26, 2011
Just say no to McDivots...
paris

Menomonee Falls, WI

#76 Sep 26, 2011
The Vikings are so top-down.

Helpless and hopeless from the top all the way down.

Even the Lions, the Raiders and the Bills are actually better and know how to build a team from the ground up. When will the Vikings ever learn?
Everfarts

Houston, TX

#77 Sep 26, 2011
After they fire Frasier....
eric

Arpin, WI

#78 Sep 26, 2011
paris wrote:
<quoted text>
The histrionics appears accurate Eric. I never will understand how/why they gave both positions to Sherman. Holmgren was denied both and left, after two Superbowl appearances no less. Instead, they give both positions to Sherman who handn't won/done anything. The next five years were basically a waste of time and Favre's career. Imagine what could have been had Holmgren had some more years with Favre. He was the only NFL coach besides McCarthy & Thompson who was willing to say "NO" to the Legend.
They denied Holmgren both because Wolf was there and the pisser was Wolf retired 9 months later and Wolf was the one that recommended Sherman for both jobs,so Holmgren and the Packers got screwed there
Bothfarts

Houston, TX

#79 Sep 26, 2011
Vikes getting screwed now...Frasier...

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#80 Sep 26, 2011
paris wrote:
The Vikings are so top-down.
Helpless and hopeless from the top all the way down.
Even the Lions, the Raiders and the Bills are actually better and know how to build a team from the ground up. When will the Vikings ever learn?
Not taking a shot here, but they are better? So far this season yes, I agree the three teams you mentioned are having a better season and most likely will finish the season better. But look at the three teams you mentioned again and realize the were all drafting in the top ten for the last 10 years in a row. So by your logic, the Vikings should string together a decade of bad seasons to get a couple good seasons? Wow, if this is they way football fans think, the NFL is in serious trouble.
Seriousfarts

Houston, TX

#81 Sep 26, 2011
Belch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Percy Harvin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clemson vs Ohio State: NFL Draft Prospects to W... Jan '17 felixArroyo 1
News Thompson: Marshawn Lynch to the Oakland Raiders... (Feb '15) Feb '15 TeamKrappers 7
News Source: Percy Harvin traded to Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 46
News Extra Points: Strike three is looming for Harvin (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 4
News Minnesota Vikings News: Possible Trade Destinat... (Jun '12) Oct '14 VikingFarts 15
News Broncos, Seahawks top AP Pro32 before rematch (Sep '14) Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Seattle dominates Denver 43-8 (Feb '14) Jul '14 Dave 10
More from around the web