Frazier to fans: Please be patient

Sep 19, 2011 Full story: Star Tribune 100

That was the message Frazier imparted during his meeting with the media Monday, the day after a 24-20 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers dropped the team to 0-2. "My only words to our fans are be patient," Frazier said.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ezg357

Madera, CA

#1 Sep 19, 2011
I am still a Vikings fan I'm not big on Frazier so far. I Guess I didnt give Frazier much of a chance & I should However If the Bad play calling keeps up - Thats why They say This is the NFL meaning Not For Long. Go Vikings
Badfarts

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2011
Frasier becoming comical...first with the "In the hunt" preseason speech followed by this plea to fans who are calling for his head already...

It probably would have better for him not to have made such bold preseason comments considering the state of the roster at that time...and now...
Community Disorganizer

Trumbull, CT

#4 Sep 20, 2011
Fans to Frazier: We want Chilly back!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#5 Sep 20, 2011
The grass is always greener on the other side. LBF smokes it and laughs
GBPmies

Finland

#6 Sep 20, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
I am still a Vikings fan I'm not big on Frazier so far. I Guess I didnt give Frazier much of a chance & I should However If the Bad play calling keeps up - Thats why They say This is the NFL meaning Not For Long. Go Vikings
Shame on you! It’s been 2 freaking games!

Frazier was the right choice for HC. Give him a chance he has earned it and would have probably been able to get a HC job in another organization.

The Vikes went all in the last two years and now a great many of players have left. I would not put the blame all on him. I actually think he does OK all things considering. They had a good chance of beating both the Bucs and the Boltz, had the lead in both games but blew it. A few more plays and they would be 1-1 or even 2-0 and you would be praising him and saying he is the greatest coach ever!

It is fans like that make the Vikings fan base look bad. You SUCK!
Mike McCarthy went 0-2 and onto a 1-4 start to his first season. They ended up 8-8. Do you think the Pack should have gotten rid of him too? Fair weathered fans are the worst!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7 Sep 20, 2011
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you! It’s been 2 freaking games!
Frazier was the right choice for HC. Give him a chance he has earned it and would have probably been able to get a HC job in another organization.
The Vikes went all in the last two years and now a great many of players have left. I would not put the blame all on him. I actually think he does OK all things considering. They had a good chance of beating both the Bucs and the Boltz, had the lead in both games but blew it. A few more plays and they would be 1-1 or even 2-0 and you would be praising him and saying he is the greatest coach ever!
It is fans like that make the Vikings fan base look bad. You SUCK!
Mike McCarthy went 0-2 and onto a 1-4 start to his first season. They ended up 8-8. Do you think the Pack should have gotten rid of him too? Fair weathered fans are the worst!
It's been 50 years with no championship and people are still buying tickets. I wouldn't call it "fair weather" more like "frustrated". To say year after year, "maybe next year", these folks have been through a lot and still stuck with them. And this morning saftey Tyrell Johnson was arrested for DUI. Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a long season.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#8 Sep 20, 2011
Hot Karl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been 50 years with no championship and this morning saftey Tyrell Johnson was arrested for DUI. Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a long season.
If you can't DRINK & DRIVE-
How do you expect him to go to work?

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#9 Sep 20, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>If you can't DRINK & DRIVE-
How do you expect him to go to work?
Just like Jay Cutler, fake hop to it!
GBPmies

Finland

#10 Sep 20, 2011
Hot Karl wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been 50 years with no championship and people are still buying tickets. I wouldn't call it "fair weather" more like "frustrated". To say year after year, "maybe next year", these folks have been through a lot and still stuck with them. And this morning saftey Tyrell Johnson was arrested for DUI. Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a long season.
It’s true not all Vikes fans are fair weathered, but bring in ticket sales to back that point is pretty thin. Two words for you” Corporate Sponsors”
Its been 2 games and people are already calling for Frazier’s head. Its not like the VIkes were blown out.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#11 Sep 20, 2011
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s true not all Vikes fans are fair weathered, but bring in ticket sales to back that point is pretty thin. Two words for you” Corporate Sponsors”
Its been 2 games and people are already calling for Frazier’s head. Its not like the VIkes were blown out.
I know where this guy is coming from. They have great fans considering what they have been through. After watching the play calling they see Fraizer as the second coming of Childress. No they wern't blown out but they are 6-12 in their last 18 games and it's fairly hard to get excited about a team when they are entering yet another rebuilding period with again no super bowl tp show for it.
Packas Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Sep 20, 2011
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
...A few more plays and they would be 1-1 or even 2-0 and you would be praising him and saying he is the greatest coach ever!
It is fans like that make the Vikings fan base look bad. You SUCK!
Mike McCarthy went 0-2 and onto a 1-4 start to his first season. They ended up 8-8. Do you think the Pack should have gotten rid of him too? Fair weathered fans are the worst!
You are 100% correct! Listen to any local radio talk show, read any ViQueen sports forums and its all the same. One week its Super Bowl all the way (assuming they win), then the next week it's off with the coaches head and every player should be cut. Most fair weathered, two faced fans hands down. Fans are leaving the Humpty Dump early in the 3rd qtr when theyre losing. Its embarassing. I will never step foot in that inflatable toilet ever again. It may not be everyone, but most Queens fans are rude, highly intoxicated, vicious, bitter, and sometimes threatening. Just wear a jersey of the visiting team when you go there and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#13 Sep 20, 2011
Packas Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fans are leaving the Humpty Dump early in the 3rd qtr when theyre losing. Its embarassing. I will never step foot in that inflatable toilet ever again. It may not be everyone, but most Queens fans are rude, highly intoxicated, vicious, bitter, and sometimes threatening. Just wear a jersey of the visiting team when you go there and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
Packas they have to be drunk, vicious, and bitter...They have never won jack and never will. The fans are getting wiser as they get older because they never know when the Metrodump will deflate again. History repeats itself and since it happened once, it will happen again; for that matter since it has happened for 50 years in a row, history will once again repeat itself with another 50 years of masturbatory futility
GBPmies

Finland

#14 Sep 20, 2011
Packas Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct! Listen to any local radio talk show, read any ViQueen sports forums and its all the same. One week its Super Bowl all the way (assuming they win), then the next week it's off with the coaches head and every player should be cut. Most fair weathered, two faced fans hands down. Fans are leaving the Humpty Dump early in the 3rd qtr when theyre losing. Its embarassing. I will never step foot in that inflatable toilet ever again. It may not be everyone, but most Queens fans are rude, highly intoxicated, vicious, bitter, and sometimes threatening. Just wear a jersey of the visiting team when you go there and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
I grew up in MN as a Packers fan which had its ups and downs. For a high school graduation present I got some really good seats in the Dome for the Packers Vikings game. I took my 12 year brother with, it was his first game and we both wore Packer jerseys. We got a lot of heat even from older 50 year old banker types. It was pathetic. The Pack won easily and most were leaving early. I remember sitting next to us were these two huge, face painted, loud, drunk, vikes fans. They were crazy! I thought they were going to kill us but it turned out that they were actually really cool and told other fans heckling us to shut up or they come over there and choke the sh** out of them. So not all Viking fans suck. I also have many family and friends who like the VIkes and are good fans but calling for the coaches head two games in is just plain old stupid. They would be the same people cheering and saying “see I told ya so” if they win their next 10 games. Complete dbags!
ezg357

Madera, CA

#15 Sep 20, 2011
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame on you! It’s been 2 freaking games!
Frazier was the right choice for HC. Give him a chance he has earned it and would have probably been able to get a HC job in another organization.
The Vikes went all in the last two years and now a great many of players have left. I would not put the blame all on him. I actually think he does OK all things considering. They had a good chance of beating both the Bucs and the Boltz, had the lead in both games but blew it. A few more plays and they would be 1-1 or even 2-0 and you would be praising him and saying he is the greatest coach ever!
It is fans like that make the Vikings fan base look bad. You SUCK!
Mike McCarthy went 0-2 and onto a 1-4 start to his first season. They ended up 8-8. Do you think the Pack should have gotten rid of him too? Fair weathered fans are the worst!
Why do I get all the Boobs> Two games This year you mean Frazier coached 6 games last year or did you forget that little fact & before Frazier was the head coach he was the Vikes defensive cooedinator Frazier's secondary was Never any good all the years he has been with the Vikings. & that goes back to 2007. I have every right to say what I said about Frazier I have given more time then Frazier deserves. You cant only count this year When Frazier coached 8 games now. These last two games the Vikes lost was because Frazier does not over look the play calling before it is sent into he huddle, also the second half of each of the last two games there wasnt any adjustment on the defense Frazier should have took contol of his team & made them. So yes I can say Bad Coaching. & on McCarthy he had receivers drafted & in place when he took over the Pack He also had a 60 minute game plan However now Look at the super bowl champs defense 900 yards given up in two games Sure they won there games but somethings going to give bet on it. Just Maybe the Vikings are losing there fan fair because Fans are sick of havinga there team Win for two seasons Then fall apart for 4 season. This is a trend with Vikings & fans are sick of seeing other teams that have winning seasons year after year staying on top of there given division. The Vikings won the North & fell to the bottom of the division the next year this happens time after time with the Vikes & LONG Time fans Like my Self are sick of there team losing becasue of Bad coaching. The Vikes team is Good but the coaching is bad. I & every other fan out here has more then the right to complain about it.. Go Vikings
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#16 Sep 20, 2011
Its a worst to first and first to worst league EZ. The queens may be cornering the market on first to worse, worst to worser.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#17 Sep 20, 2011
I thought it was such a Joke to call me a fair weather fan Thats been here for the Vikings even when they was 3-13 Well you know what they say when one assumes. Go Vikings
Grassfarts

United States

#18 Sep 20, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
The grass is always greener on the other side. LBF smokes it and laughs
Puff, Puff, Pass...
GBPmies

Kokkola, Finland

#19 Sep 21, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do I get all the Boobs> Two games This year you mean Frazier coached 6 games last year or did you forget that little fact & before Frazier was the head coach he was the Vikes defensive cooedinator Frazier's secondary was Never any good all the years he has been with the Vikings. & that goes back to 2007. I have every right to say what I said about Frazier I have given more time then Frazier deserves. You cant only count this year When Frazier coached 8 games now. These last two games the Vikes lost was because Frazier does not over look the play calling before it is sent into he huddle, also the second half of each of the last two games there wasnt any adjustment on the defense Frazier should have took contol of his team & made them. So yes I can say Bad Coaching. & on McCarthy he had receivers drafted & in place when he took over the Pack He also had a 60 minute game plan However now Look at the super bowl champs defense 900 yards given up in two games Sure they won there games but somethings going to give bet on it. Just Maybe the Vikings are losing there fan fair because Fans are sick of havinga there team Win for two seasons Then fall apart for 4 season. This is a trend with Vikings & fans are sick of seeing other teams that have winning seasons year after year staying on top of there given division. The Vikings won the North & fell to the bottom of the division the next year this happens time after time with the Vikes & LONG Time fans Like my Self are sick of there team losing becasue of Bad coaching. The Vikes team is Good but the coaching is bad. I & every other fan out here has more then the right to complain about it.. Go Vikings
WOW that was a tough read…
I know not everyone writes perfectly, I don’t either, but have ever considered writing you comments into a word document first and then copy and pasting it after the spell check has gone into effect. It could help

Let me try and spell it out for you slowly so you can understand (as I always need to help you)

1. Frazier is not at fault for any losses last year. It is all on Chilli 100%, the team he took over was mentally challenged and he had 3rd string QB, you’re a Dbag
2. You know nothing about McCarthy and the team he took over when he came to the Packers, or if he had or had not a 60minute game plan. Why are pretending to know? DBag
3. Packers are the Super Bowl Champs Yes you are right on this one.
4. Frustration for the Vikings organization should be directed at the organizations poor leadership, maybe Speilman and Wilf, not the Head Coach after his first two games- with a new QB, Offensive system ,and no offseason to install the whole play book.
5. Chilli deserved to be fired; Frazier was the right choice for the job. Give him a chance to get the team together… at least this year.
6. You are fair weathered because you cheer the Vikings one second and call for the coach’s head 2 games into the season after losing close games vs good teams
7. Your football knowledge is elementary at best, deal with it. I think you know the teams and the rules but nothing about coaching or running the organization regards
8. Your suffering is your fault for being a Viking fan, and poor one at that.
GBPmies

Kokkola, Finland

#20 Sep 21, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
I thought it was such a Joke to call me a fair weather fan Thats been here for the Vikings even when they was 3-13 Well you know what they say when one assumes. Go Vikings
I assume “ezg357” is a prison number, license plate, exterminator union card number; I know I asked before but still have heard anything back yet…
40for60

Cloquet, MN

#21 Sep 21, 2011
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume “ezg357” is a prison number, license plate, exterminator union card number; I know I asked before but still have heard anything back yet…
Your flair for being rude has its privileges.
Everyone knows you're a packer fan from a long ways off.

EZG has been hanging around here longer than you, and if the content of his message is lost on your inability to understand, try the spelling bee thread.
For you to anoint Frazier the next head coaching guru speaks directly to your ignorance, but of course you know he's the 'right guy'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Percy Harvin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Source: Percy Harvin traded to Jets Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 46
Extra Points: Strike three is looming for Harvin Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 4
Minnesota Vikings News: Possible Trade Destinat... (Jun '12) Oct '14 VikingFarts 15
Broncos, Seahawks top AP Pro32 before rematch Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 1
Seattle dominates Denver 43-8 (Feb '14) Jul '14 Dave 10
Super Bowl: Seahawks hold big lead (Feb '14) Feb '14 test 2
Drafting Sam Watkins makes sense, ranking the t... (Feb '14) Feb '14 GBPmies 2
More from around the web