NFL Picks Against the Spread Week 1: Chargers Outrageously Overrated vs Vikings

Another big concern is stopping Adrian Peterson . One of the most consistent backs in the league ran for an NFL record 296 yards the last time he met the Chargers. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ezg357

Madera, CA

#41 Sep 10, 2011
Purple Faithful wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, it's fine to be a homer, but how can you make that claim in the first sentence? This game we have 3 new startes from last year & the new NT admits Phat was bigger & faster than him. We also have a new starter at safety & a new starter at W olb. Vikes were so impressed with Erin henderson they attempted to switch Griffen to olb before picking up two guys who got released. Doesn't seem like a vote of confidence. I think you must base your speed comment on Robison. Robison started as a rookie, which prompted the vikings to draft edwards.
But your second statement, yes, if rivers is sacked & pressured every play & can never roll out, vikes will probably win. You get the captain obvious award. Congrats! But maybe you should check who the Chargers have playing LT. Allen's gonna have to break his 3 year trwend against elite LT's for him to have any relevance this game.(he had a great camp, so i am hopeful on that)
I am going on what I seen the Chargers defense do in this preseason They starters stop no one. If I seen them play like last year I would say the Vikes have No chance But from what I have seen this year there not insink like they was last year . Malcom Floyed left the field in the Cowboy preseason game With a concussion He isnt at the top of his game, Rivers to Gates is the one to stop in this game. I am a Vike fan true I do know the Chargers mite be ripe for the picking. Also the Vikings didnt open up there defense in preseason you only seen a piece of it Same with the new offense. Go Vikings

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#42 Sep 10, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>I am going on what I seen the Chargers defense do in this preseason They starters stop no one. If I seen them play like last year I would say the Vikes have No chance But from what I have seen this year there not insink like they was last year . Malcom Floyed left the field in the Cowboy preseason game With a concussion He isnt at the top of his game, Rivers to Gates is the one to stop in this game. I am a Vike fan true I do know the Chargers mite be ripe for the picking. Also the Vikings didnt open up there defense in preseason you only seen a piece of it Same with the new offense. Go Vikings
So, the vikings didn't show all, but the chargers did & they suck? Look, i'd love for the vikings to win. I dispise Norv Turner & their GM, Smith. But I wouldn't bet money on it. I'll chear & drink beer & have a good time watching the vikings battle & hope for Lake Placid (lol). Anyway, San Diego's Vincent Jackson is looking great & yes, the vikes usually have problems with TE's. The Chargers disappointed last year by missing the playoffs, so we'll see what they are made of tommorrow. I hope you are right & they are made of crap - just don't bet your house payment on the vikings playing a non-conference team on the road well. That is the biggest home field advantage there is, since the team is unfamiliar with the venue & opponent. The advantage lasts the first quarter, statistically, i believe (5 points or so). Vikings were this week's biggest underdog at 9 points last i checked. Go purple!
ezg357

Madera, CA

#43 Sep 10, 2011
Purple Faithful wrote:
<quoted text>So, the vikings didn't show all, but the chargers did & they suck? Look, i'd love for the vikings to win. I dispise Norv Turner & their GM, Smith. But I wouldn't bet money on it. I'll chear & drink beer & have a good time watching the vikings battle & hope for Lake Placid (lol). Anyway, San Diego's Vincent Jackson is looking great & yes, the vikes usually have problems with TE's. The Chargers disappointed last year by missing the playoffs, so we'll see what they are made of tommorrow. I hope you are right & they are made of crap - just don't bet your house payment on the vikings playing a non-conference team on the road well. That is the biggest home field advantage there is, since the team is unfamiliar with the venue & opponent. The advantage lasts the first quarter, statistically, i believe (5 points or so). Vikings were this week's biggest underdog at 9 points last i checked. Go purple!
I didnt say the Chargers suck I said there defense isnt up to par & there not. I think the Vikes have a good chance to win sunday Everyone said about the Vikes last year That the defense was to old & slow to win Now this year they are saying there are to many young guys starting lol. These young guys are faster then fat Pat Williams that was to old & I dont think that the Vikes will miss Edwards. On offense the Vikes lost Rice to the Seahawks Who cares Rice is off the field as much as he was on it & now he is hurt for the Seahawks game sunday Big surprise right? The Vikes wont miss Rice as most as people think. The Chargers dont have anything new to show. The Chargers have the same offensive & defensive scheme that they had for the last four years, Not a thing added. The Chargers lost in the playoffs & has something to prove you say Well You dont think the Vikings do I think having a new offensive coach & LB coach & wanting a good showing for new coach Frazier Frist starting season I would say The Vikings have a little more to prove. Go Vikings
Harry

Park River, ND

#44 Sep 11, 2011
Thursdayfarts wrote:
Man that Obama can sling some BS nonsense on TV...no wonder why his peeps fell for him when voting...
The single most truthful observation ever. Go to the head of the class!
Hefarts

Katy, TX

#45 Sep 11, 2011
Smellyfarts wrote:
Ugly as your face when you smell this .......FART! VIKINGS WIN 23-21. <quoted text>
"This game will either be an ugly loss by blowout in score or a loss still but a low score with AP eating up the clock...low as in 24-13...

ugly as in 33-17..."

Final...24-17...farting in your face...
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#46 Sep 12, 2011
Memo to Vikings Fans.....Don't play McIncomplete...It leads to a nasty hangover and wierd dreams. In this dream Cutler had a good game against the #1 seed in the NFC last year and the Bears defense played solid. But the wierdest part of the dream came from the Chargers Queens game because I was absolutely convinced the queens were going undefeated, yet they lost! The McIncomplete game has an accelerator in it, that is if McNabb's first pass attempt gets picked off, then you have to drink 3 shots for each incompletion for the whole game
Shotfarts

United States

#47 Sep 12, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
...then you have to drink 3 shots for each incompletion for the whole game
Booze for INT's...sound like a Bomar fund raiser...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Percy Harvin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Source: Percy Harvin traded to Jets Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 46
Extra Points: Strike three is looming for Harvin Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 4
Minnesota Vikings News: Possible Trade Destinat... (Jun '12) Oct '14 VikingFarts 15
Broncos, Seahawks top AP Pro32 before rematch Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 1
Seattle dominates Denver 43-8 (Feb '14) Jul '14 Dave 10
Super Bowl: Seahawks hold big lead (Feb '14) Feb '14 test 2
Drafting Sam Watkins makes sense, ranking the t... (Feb '14) Feb '14 GBPmies 2
More from around the web