Vikings Look Like Mickey Mouse Operat...

Vikings Look Like Mickey Mouse Operation After Questionable Moves

There are 4 comments on the thevikingage.com story from Mar 21, 2013, titled Vikings Look Like Mickey Mouse Operation After Questionable Moves. In it, thevikingage.com reports that:

Nov 25, 2012; Chicago, IL, USA; Minnesota Vikings cornerback Antoine Winfield reacts to being called for a penalty against the Chicago Bears during the second quarter at Soldier Field.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thevikingage.com.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#1 Mar 21, 2013
Not a bad take, I'd say. Kinda harsh to ask if those two moves make the vikings mickey mouse operation, though. Plenty more to point at if that's the route you want to go, but I have to disagree. Just too harsh. I want perfect, and spielman is far from that, so i'd probably replace him, but it is not mickey mouse.

Winning at washington in 2011, costing us pick 2 in 2012, was a huge deal. Even if you do not draft RG3, the value for trade of a true franchise QB was too large to allow your coach to win.

i disagree with valuation he has for positions and his over-emphasis on offensive high draft choices, fielding the 31st ranked passing attack. I mean, if you're gonna go all-in on offense, particularly passing, how do you end up with a terrible passing offense?

The cutting of winfield is a huge deal to me, too, as it was to the author. how do we replace that? why would players show loyalty to a franchise that signs a guy to a "prove-it" contract, then when the player proves it, cuts him to avoid paying him the money he earned. That's the bigger question to me than whether the conversation was long or short. takes two to have a conversation.
Zygi Stardust

Miami, FL

#2 Mar 21, 2013
That article makes little sense--the author praises the big moves but criticizes the little ones.

I'm actually suprised Rick Spewman has done as good as he has with the Vikes. He was completely lost when he was the Fins GM.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#3 Mar 21, 2013
Zygi Stardust wrote:
That article makes little sense--the author praises the big moves but criticizes the little ones.
I'm actually suprised Rick Spewman has done as good as he has with the Vikes. He was completely lost when he was the Fins GM.
Agreed. I think he got hung-up wanting to be controversial or something.
Jesse

Trieste, Italy

#4 Mar 24, 2013
Terrible article! In the beginning the author talks about being kinder to players and then in the very next paragraph talks about how this is a business and being fiscally responsible. What a tool. Also, I have to disagree with the author's take on Spielman. I think he is doing great and makes very smart moves in the long-run. I also do not believe the Winfield story, it smells like someone is trying to make a story where there isn't one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Percy Harvin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thompson: Marshawn Lynch to the Oakland Raiders... Feb '15 TeamKrappers 7
News Source: Percy Harvin traded to Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 46
News Extra Points: Strike three is looming for Harvin (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 4
News Minnesota Vikings News: Possible Trade Destinat... (Jun '12) Oct '14 VikingFarts 15
News Broncos, Seahawks top AP Pro32 before rematch (Sep '14) Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Seattle dominates Denver 43-8 (Feb '14) Jul '14 Dave 10
News Super Bowl: Seahawks hold big lead (Feb '14) Feb '14 test 2
More from around the web