Season over for Vikings' Harvin, plac...

Season over for Vikings' Harvin, placed on IR

There are 31 comments on the WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg story from Dec 6, 2012, titled Season over for Vikings' Harvin, placed on IR. In it, WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg reports that:

The Minnesota Vikings decided to place wide receiver Percy Harvin on the injured reserve list on Wednesday, ending his 2012-13 campaign.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Dec 19, 2012
I'm also hoping this is a ligit injury. I'm hoping that Harvin comes back as a Viking.he is a good player

“clemens for president '20”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#22 Dec 20, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT BAD...ok than, but not GREAT either. I guess if you draft a WR #1 you expect more than not bad. He is not even the best WR on the team. Did you konw who Shorts was before the season?
How do you feel about the Vikings #1 pick..... oh hum? yeah he is ok? or NOT BAD? Nevermind.... you don't get it, I bet AD does though.
NO SON... IT is YOU who doesn't get it....I didn't know I was dealing with a troll here when I responded to you. With no one to stretch the field AP LOOKS at 8 to 9 in the box all game, a LEGIT WR would reduce that number ON many plays. Also I mentioned I thought Kalil was great.......can u read?
Musgrave has Felton blocking for AP in the eye on a significant number of runs and Felton is blowing people off the ball and getting AP to the second level consistently..........after that AP is a wizard at getting the rest done. I'm happy with Kalil I just thought the Vikes got the order mixed up in the draft when addressing their needs at WR, O-line and secondary....thought they should have prioritized WR as the first need.
GBPmies

Finland

#23 Dec 20, 2012
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>NO SON... IT is YOU who doesn't get it....I didn't know I was dealing with a troll here when I responded to you. With no one to stretch the field AP LOOKS at 8 to 9 in the box all game, a LEGIT WR would reduce that number ON many plays. Also I mentioned I thought Kalil was great.......can u read?
Musgrave has Felton blocking for AP in the eye on a significant number of runs and Felton is blowing people off the ball and getting AP to the second level consistently..........after that AP is a wizard at getting the rest done. I'm happy with Kalil I just thought the Vikes got the order mixed up in the draft when addressing their needs at WR, O-line and secondary....thought they should have prioritized WR as the first need.
NO, I get it. You would would rather have Blackman than Kalil.

Agree to disagree then. I DONīT think you can find talent like Kalil in the later rounds. Not anything close to Kalil, nowhere in the same world as Kalil. I don't think there will be another like him for several drafts. The Vikings lost Hutch at LG. By taking Kalil they secured an extremely good LT for the next several years (hard to do) and were able to move Johnson back to LG where he belongs. Now they are set on the left side.

Yes a deep threat would MAYBE take away another guy out of the box (so far Blackman has not done that). If I was facing Peterson I would always have 8 guys in the box and having Blackman out there would not scare me. Plus Peterson seems to be doing just fine. A deep threat also needs someone to get him the ball deep! Ponder? Hmmmm.... probably not so much with his arm and if he has nobody to watch his back side.

LT was the smart and correct pick. You will look back in a few years and agree. See ya when you get there.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#24 Dec 20, 2012
EVF - Here's the "what if" story if the Vikings would have taken Blackmun. Blackmun runs deep route and gets separation. But where is the ball. Oh right Ponder is on his back because he just got creamed as Charlie Johnson was a turnstile just like last year.

Draft selection is based on best player available to match team needs. Team needs for 2012 draft where #1 LT,#2 secondary (S and CB) and then #3 WR.

What did Vikings do they took LT, S, CB, WR. Exact same order as team needs.

They moved back up into 1st round to take Harrison Smith. Was that a bad pick or should they have taken a WR with the 29th pick? If you say no Smith was a good pick then you just proved you didn't want the Vikings to draft a WR in the 1st round you just wanted them to draft Blackmun. Don't ever get fixated on one person look at needs and the range of players who can fill those needs.

Erie

#25 Dec 21, 2012
Guys you make great points.....you do...... but where is the Vikes passing attack...............DEAD LAST, 32nd in the league; and with that said I think we all just beat a dead horse on this subject......thanx for your thoughts. Stub I love Smith.............great pick. Maybe the Vikes could have done some moving around to get value at the O line position, I don't know, I just hate to see the best run attack be complemented with the worst Pass game in the league....makes no sense.
GBPmies

Finland

#26 Dec 21, 2012
erie-vike fan wrote:
Guys you make great points.....you do...... but where is the Vikes passing attack..........DEAD LAST, 32nd in the league; and with that said I think we all just beat a dead horse on this subject......thanx for your thoughts. Stub I love Smith..........great pick. Maybe the Vikes could have done some moving around to get value at the O line position, I don't know, I just hate to see the best run attack be complemented with the worst Pass game in the league....makes no sense.
I agree with you the Vikings need a lot of help in there passing game, but after last year they needed help in so many places. I am sure they will continue to rebuild or retool, whatever they are doing.

I thought they had a great draft last year and they have surprised me this year. I gave them 6 wins tops. There rookie crop has really produced for them (like the Packers). The team is moving in the right direction. They still need to figure this Ponder thing out. I am not sold on him.

The dead horse has been beaten….

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#27 Dec 22, 2012
erie-vike fan wrote:
Guys you make great points.....you do...... but where is the Vikes passing attack..........DEAD LAST, 32nd in the league; and with that said I think we all just beat a dead horse on this subject......thanx for your thoughts. Stub I love Smith..........great pick. Maybe the Vikes could have done some moving around to get value at the O line position, I don't know, I just hate to see the best run attack be complemented with the worst Pass game in the league....makes no sense.
I agree. Dead last. We are run first and spent top five pick on a support player for a pass first offense. Get a QB if you want to throw. Ponder was 31 last. Year and still is this year. Made no sense, but it does to the GM who passed on Wilfork for Carney.
KJV

United States

#28 Dec 22, 2012
My 2 cents worth.

New QB
New coaching staff
Cut most over the hill vets
Smith is great!
The new line is punching hole for AP

Given this trend the Vikes could be very good in a year or two. They are way better then I figured on for this year.

If the season ended today they would be in the playoffs! Not bad from 3 wins last year. 2 tough games left so I don't count them in but all in all 14 games and we are the last wild card team and still in the hunt. Lots of teams behind us.
KJV

United States

#29 Dec 23, 2012
One game left (Home Game) and we are still in it. Just saying!

Great turn around Vikes!

Erie

#30 Dec 24, 2012
Purple Faithful wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. Dead last. We are run first and spent top five pick on a support player for a pass first offense. Get a QB if you want to throw. Ponder was 31 last. Year and still is this year. Made no sense, but it does to the GM who passed on Wilfork for Carney.
Hi PF......IT looks like we are in the minority on this subject, I'm stunned that they are 9-6.....I had them around 4 wins this year and when I was really down on them I actually had them with 2 wins...lol. Did u watch the Texans game? I thought the Vikes played great but to be honest I THOUGHT Houston played a bit uninspired at times. Man I hope the Vikes bring it all this Sunday..........would love to see 'em get in.
KJV

United States

#31 Dec 26, 2012
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Hi PF......IT looks like we are in the minority on this subject, I'm stunned that they are 9-6.....I had them around 4 wins this year and when I was really down on them I actually had them with 2 wins...lol. Did u watch the Texans game? I thought the Vikes played great but to be honest I THOUGHT Houston played a bit uninspired at times. Man I hope the Vikes bring it all this Sunday..........would love to see 'em get in.
I would love to see it also.

To me just beat the packers once makes my year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Percy Harvin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clemson vs Ohio State: NFL Draft Prospects to W... Jan '17 felixArroyo 1
News Thompson: Marshawn Lynch to the Oakland Raiders... (Feb '15) Feb '15 TeamKrappers 7
News Source: Percy Harvin traded to Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 46
News Extra Points: Strike three is looming for Harvin (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 4
News Minnesota Vikings News: Possible Trade Destinat... (Jun '12) Oct '14 VikingFarts 15
News Broncos, Seahawks top AP Pro32 before rematch (Sep '14) Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Seattle dominates Denver 43-8 (Feb '14) Jul '14 Dave 10
More from around the web