Malcolm Floyd to Vikings: Chargers WR...

Malcolm Floyd to Vikings: Chargers WR a Potential Sidney Rice Replacement

There are 70 comments on the BleacherReport story from Aug 2, 2011, titled Malcolm Floyd to Vikings: Chargers WR a Potential Sidney Rice Replacement. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

When Sidney Rice decided to sign with the Seattle Seahawks instead of returning to the Minnesota Vikings, it was a major blow to Minnesota's passing game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Since: Jan 07

Pringle Hill.

#41 Aug 4, 2011
Avant wrote:
As for McNabb's old magic. The reason he isnt wearing a superbowl ring is the eagles refused to get him a number 1 receiver. Happen in Washington It's happening in Minnesota.
Sorry guys, I have to make a quote to this ridiculous statement.

The only reason Donovan McNabb doesn't have a ring is because he was puking it up and wasting time in the huddle and at the line of scrimmage when it counted most.

I hate revisionist history!
ezg357

Madera, CA

#42 Aug 4, 2011
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>If T.O. were the T.O of last year I would take him. His ability was his agility. Will he still have that after the injury? The receivers we have now are not good enough to win at a high level.
true
Jim Mora

Littleton, CO

#43 Aug 4, 2011
Onlyfarts wrote:
I didnt read into any of the posts as he was signed...it probably would have helped if the article was read by those who assumed he was signed...I did however agree to what KFan said about these guys need to prove on the field what they can do...
before we all jump up and down and speak of playoffs...
Who said 'playoffs playoffs who said anything about playoffs'? we just finished in last place and now you are talking about the playoffs?

“Vikings West Coast Rep!”

Since: Mar 07

Ridgecrest, California

#44 Aug 4, 2011
Floyd will be a Raven by the end of today.. Offer:$3m a year, above San Diego's ability to match.

Vikings are lazy in free agency. Its always been their m.o... Thought it would be different with Frazier, no dice. We needed this guy and they settled for dregs as usual. Lucky to have gotten McNabb I guess. Free agency is always the hardest time to remain a fan of the Vikings..

Ravens: Where receivers go to die.. Sorry Malcom.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#45 Aug 4, 2011
GMan in Cally wrote:
Floyd will be a Raven by the end of today.. Offer:$3m a year, above San Diego's ability to match.
Vikings are lazy in free agency. Its always been their m.o... Thought it would be different with Frazier, no dice. We needed this guy and they settled for dregs as usual. Lucky to have gotten McNabb I guess. Free agency is always the hardest time to remain a fan of the Vikings..
Ravens: Where receivers go to die.. Sorry Malcom.
To be active in FA people have to want to go to the team, city and surroundings.
Team: Strike 1
City: Strike 2
Surroundings: Strike 3
3Mfarts

Houston, TX

#46 Aug 4, 2011
Ponder in the lineup by week 9....

Ridgecrest, California

#47 Aug 4, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>To be active in FA people have to want to go to the team, city and surroundings.
Team: Strike 1
City: Strike 2
Surroundings: Strike 3
Thats why after Orton and Tebow, no one can name one player on the Bronkos!

Ridgecrest, California

#48 Aug 4, 2011
oops, I meant Donkos!
ezg357

Madera, CA

#49 Aug 4, 2011
What always makes me laugh is how people think that frist on a players list is what city he ends up in Lets say someone offers you 2 to 5 million a year to play for them Are you going to turn that down & take a lesser offer of a million or so because you dont lke the city the team is in. Sure you may not end up at team of choic but Would you turn that money down because you dont like team or its surroundings or it night life? I dont know about any of you out there but I myself would play where the offer was the most & hold off on partying like I was a collage kid still & do it on the offseason if anything & You would have the money to go whereever you like. I think the Frist thing on any players list is there asking price then the Team & how soon that team can be a playoff team If I was a coach & a player ask what kind of night life the city has & he cared more about the surroundings I would pass on that player Wouldnt any of you Go Vikings
ezg357

Madera, CA

#50 Aug 4, 2011
I didnt see the Bears getting a Top receiver & look at there city & surroundings lots of night life The reason for not getting a Top receiver is they didnt make a top offer for one. Go Vikings

Since: Dec 06

United States

#51 Aug 5, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>true
Nothing true at all.
Being a Philly boy at the time,
I got the local nightly news on T.O. and Mcnabb,they'll NEVER PLAY TOGETHER AGAIN..........It was way ugly.
Gonzo gets the same news channels and he'll 2nd that.I think it was over McNabb choking in the S.B.
T.O.was having a field day on a broken foot and Mcnabb was tossing up the Chunky soup.

Since: Dec 06

United States

#52 Aug 5, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
What always makes me laugh is how people think that frist on a players list is what city he ends up in Lets say someone offers you 2 to 5 million a year to play for them Are you going to turn that down & take a lesser offer of a million or so because you dont lke the city the team is in. Sure you may not end up at team of choic but Would you turn that money down because you dont like team or its surroundings or it night life? I dont know about any of you out there but I myself would play where the offer was the most & hold off on partying like I was a collage kid still & do it on the offseason if anything & You would have the money to go whereever you like. I think the Frist thing on any players list is there asking price then the Team & how soon that team can be a playoff team If I was a coach & a player ask what kind of night life the city has & he cared more about the surroundings I would pass on that player Wouldnt any of you Go Vikings
Many players don't live where they play.Favre for one.
However,I been to Minny for some games.The state is beautiful and a great place to raise your family right.
And if your an out doors type person,they have everything one would want.
I'm from a big city,Philadelphia and let me tell you,
I would take Minnesota any day over city,crime ridden life any day for my family.
Many a great Viking live in Minn.Page,Eller,Marshall,Forem an to name a few.
Anyway statements about Minn.
being boring,etc. are bogus.
Oh and we drove right through Chicago on the way.Super Yuk and the South side........hahaha,it's like one big Gary,Indiana.White Sox stadium you better bring a gun.
Kanfan

Austin, TX

#53 Aug 5, 2011
I used to live in MN, Mound MN, just west of the Twin Cities. Moved to Kansas for work. Gotta say, MN has it all over Kansas as far as beauty and quality of life. But this, to me, proves the theory....Follow the money.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#54 Aug 5, 2011
GMan in Cally wrote:
oops, I meant Donkos!
Donkos suck. I enjoyed the Raiduhs rubbing their face in it in Denver last year
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#55 Aug 5, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
I didnt see the Bears getting a Top receiver & look at there city & surroundings lots of night life The reason for not getting a Top receiver is they didnt make a top offer for one. Go Vikings
Good point. Maybe a little deeper thought line would go like this: The Bears didn't get a top flight received because they felt nobody would want to play for a team whose QB quit on them 60 minutes from the superbowl. So they grabbed what they could. Mr underachieving butter-fingers. Then again they got a decent running back so maybe Cuntler won't have to throw as much
Carmello Anthony

Littleton, CO

#56 Aug 5, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about
GBPmies

Finland

#57 Aug 5, 2011
Floyd is a no go. Signed with SD again. Edwards is in SF. Is there anyone left or is this really the WR the Vikes are going with??? YIKES

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/05/floyd-agrees-...
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#58 Aug 5, 2011
GBPmies wrote:
Floyd is a no go. Signed with SD again. Edwards is in SF. Is there anyone left or is this really the WR the Vikes are going with??? YIKES
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/05/floyd-agrees-...
The Vikes are probably up against the cap. They may be able to pick somebody up from a roster cut-down that is decent. You never know.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#59 Aug 5, 2011
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>Many players don't live where they play.Favre for one.
However,I been to Minny for some games.The state is beautiful and a great place to raise your family right.
And if your an out doors type person,they have everything one would want.
I'm from a big city,Philadelphia and let me tell you,
I would take Minnesota any day over city,crime ridden life any day for my family.
Many a great Viking live in Minn.Page,Eller,Marshall,Forem an to name a few.
Anyway statements about Minn.
being boring,etc. are bogus.
Oh and we drove right through Chicago on the way.Super Yuk and the South side........hahaha,it's like one big Gary,Indiana.White Sox stadium you better bring a gun.
lol I can believe it.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#60 Aug 5, 2011
The Vikes by cutting Safety Madieu Williams & Mckinnie that put them under the CAP & when they restructure Greenways & Peterson's contract they will free up a lot of money & be way under the CAP for this year The thing is will they use that money for one more receiver or hold off & use the money for next years draft? To me its looking like next year. Last year the Vikings knew Rice on one side & Berrian on the other Wasnt working like they thought it would, So tell me Why does Frazier & the Owner think it will work with Jenkins? What are they thinking? They pay out for McNabb, bring in Johnson for the line, bring in Jenkins Now finish the job & get one more WR Floyd or anyone But lets not go through this year like last This isnt the time to cheap out Zygi. Go Vikings

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Percy Harvin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clemson vs Ohio State: NFL Draft Prospects to W... (Jan '17) Jan '17 felixArroyo 1
News Thompson: Marshawn Lynch to the Oakland Raiders... (Feb '15) Feb '15 TeamKrappers 7
News Source: Percy Harvin traded to Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 46
News Extra Points: Strike three is looming for Harvin (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 4
News Minnesota Vikings News: Possible Trade Destinat... (Jun '12) Oct '14 VikingFarts 15
News Broncos, Seahawks top AP Pro32 before rematch (Sep '14) Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Seattle dominates Denver 43-8 (Feb '14) Jul '14 Dave 10
More from around the web