Malcolm Floyd to Vikings: Chargers WR...

Malcolm Floyd to Vikings: Chargers WR a Potential Sidney Rice Replacement

There are 70 comments on the BleacherReport story from Aug 2, 2011, titled Malcolm Floyd to Vikings: Chargers WR a Potential Sidney Rice Replacement. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

When Sidney Rice decided to sign with the Seattle Seahawks instead of returning to the Minnesota Vikings, it was a major blow to Minnesota's passing game.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#21 Aug 3, 2011
5farts wrote:
Other than a T.O./ McNabb reunion...a trade...or waiting to see who gets released throughout the preseason cuts....no other options
Just look at this list of underachieving left overs:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa...
There's a stampede to get in a Eagle uniform to be a backup. We cant get a number 1 receiver. What does that say?
Sayfarts

Houston, TX

#22 Aug 3, 2011
Should have signed better free agents like they did to appear legit?

I dont know...just a thought...
Zigi Wilf

Brooksville, FL

#23 Aug 3, 2011
Coach Frazier has already given Malcolm Floyd the Viking playbook to look over.

http://www.fart-sounds.net/fartboard.swf
Whatfarts

Houston, TX

#24 Aug 3, 2011
I think Andy Reid knows when it is the proper time to let someone go rather than continue to hold out for hope he still has something left in the tank...other than releasing an obvious lazy overweight OL, havent see that from Frasier just yet(Berrian)...but it's still early

Example McNabb...Reid, at the time, had the nads to let McNabb go and sign within his division. Even though we didnt have the foresight that it wouldnt work out for McNabb and the Skins at that time, many were saying Reid was dumb and said it would back fire...

- 31 teams passed on Vick

- He signs certain roster holes with quality players to one year contracts instead 3-5 on 2nd tier players...

Maybe we should trade Spielman and next years 1st round pick for Andy Reid...

Location hidden

#25 Aug 3, 2011
As of Tuesday, seven teams were over the cap

Posted by Mike Florio on August 3, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT

AP
We shared with you on Tuesday a list of the teams with more than $20 million in cap space. And we mentioned within the past hour or so that the Eagles still have some breathing room.

Now, itís time to look at the teams that had some work to do, as of Tuesday, to get under the spending limit.

Per a source with knowledge of the cap numbers, here are the seven teams that were in the red: Raiders ($17.3 million), Steelers ($11.5 million), Texans ($8.5 million), Vikings ($5.6 million), Lions ($5 million), Cowboys ($3.7 million), and Panthers ($939,000).

The highest-paid 51 players on each team must be under the cap by the start of the 2011 League Year. It was expected to start Thursday with the ratification of the new CBA. As Steelers safety Ryan Clark tells it, that may not happen.

Location hidden

#26 Aug 3, 2011
Our money management is horrible. Berrian is a we can afford. We cant win with the receivers we have.
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#27 Aug 3, 2011
All that really says is we need to re-work some contracts, namely Greenway and AD....but everyone already knows that. Sit back and watch how they use the pro-rated signing bonus...we can get under the cap easily...all depends on if they are looking for....an excuse......or a reason.

Location hidden

#28 Aug 3, 2011
Kanfan wrote:
All that really says is we need to re-work some contracts, namely Greenway and AD....but everyone already knows that. Sit back and watch how they use the pro-rated signing bonus...we can get under the cap easily...all depends on if they are looking for....an excuse......or a reason.
The season is on the line. There are two playmaking receivers left if we dont get one our offense will be unbalanced. Floyd, Edwards, just heard Floyd was talking to Arizona.
D McNabb

Fountain, CO

#29 Aug 3, 2011
Doesn't matter how tall the WR's are if the OL can't protect the QB. I'm sure Charlie Johnson will do a fine job replacing Mt. McKinnie. Did Bryant ever really block anybody or was he just a huge obstacle to go around? P Manning has started over 200 straight games, I'd like to think the OL had something to do with it!

I'm split on weather the Vikings should sign Floyd or not. I'm sure he'll get more money than he deserves since he's drawing so much interest. He has a history of being injured and dropping balls. He really hasn't done anything to deserve a big contract.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#30 Aug 3, 2011
Edwards has a histroy of drops & on & off field trouble Floyd with drops Steve Smith & his leg that the Vikings hurt last year Whos the better of the three there is also T.O. But after what he said about McNabb I sure dont think the Vikes would sign him To Bad I do like T.O. as a WR & he is looking for a one year contract. Maybe the Vikings staff is happy how they stand now Jenkins on the far side & Berrian on the other The havnt let Bernard go yet So Thay may be the two starters, they also have Camarillo& Jaymar Johnson Go Vikings

United States

#31 Aug 3, 2011
Kanfan wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't get me wrong, Charlie Johnson did protect Payton so he will be an up-grade. I just wonder if he is really the heir to LT or will there be some more changes to the O/L. Loadholt did play LT in college, and DeGeare did spot duty last year. I guess that is what pre-season is all about.
I like the way Frazier is taking control.
Mike Singletary is awful quiet,I'm expecting huge things from him with the linebackers and perhaps the overall defense.
Nobody seems to be saying anything about Singletary though.

United States

#32 Aug 3, 2011
GBPmies wrote:
It doesn't look good for the Floyd signing. Seems 5 teams are still interested and the Vikes are not even listed as one of them. It could still happen but looking doubtful...
http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/03/at-least-five...
Any other ideas out there?
Mcnabb will have to find the old magic.
Only a few years ago,Philly had jack squat for receivers.
McNabb simply spread the ball around and made it work.
Surely you remember that 4th and 26 in the playoffs? That's what McNabb will have to do.
Make a bunch of average receivers look good.
I cal lit a wing and a prayer.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Since: Jan 07

Pringle Hill.

#33 Aug 3, 2011
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>Mcnabb will have to find the old magic.
Only a few years ago,Philly had jack squat for receivers.
McNabb simply spread the ball around and made it work.
Surely you remember that 4th and 26 in the playoffs? That's what McNabb will have to do.
Make a bunch of average receivers look good.
I cal lit a wing and a prayer.
He may also have to find his old magic of being able to run.

Ryan "false start" Cook is back. Do we even have an O-line? I don't know much about the guy from Indy since I pay most attention to our immediate opponents but, I'm a bit worried here. Maybe a lot of two TE sets with Shank and Rudolph just...dumping it off quick. McNabb can do that.

God!...what if this thing actually works?!

I'm not holding my breath in the least but, ya never know.

United States

#34 Aug 4, 2011
Gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>
He may also have to find his old magic of being able to run.
Ryan "false start" Cook is back. Do we even have an O-line? I don't know much about the guy from Indy since I pay most attention to our immediate opponents but, I'm a bit worried here. Maybe a lot of two TE sets with Shank and Rudolph just...dumping it off quick. McNabb can do that.
God!...what if this thing actually works?!
I'm not holding my breath in the least but, ya never know.
Hi Gonzo,
Yea he probably will have to run.
Not all is lost though,I'll use the biggest word in the English dictionary here,
IF
Rudolph turns out to be the next
Dallas Clark
or
Antonio Gates
then we have Harvin and Shank
then the
IF again
McNabb can work the magic,we'll be fine.
After all,we sign Hank Baskett as a college FA,ship him to Philly for a bum receive and Mcnabb makes Baskett look great.
So now he can make him look great again.
However we do need Rudolph to be the next Gates and Harvin to continue be All-pro.
Now the big problem will be having time to throw.
The O-Line continues to be
THE REAL PROBLEM.
Fix that and we might be ok.
How about the Lions losing their top pick?
Wow
just when I thought they were the next
Purple People Eaters.

Location hidden

#35 Aug 4, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
Edwards has a histroy of drops & on & off field trouble Floyd with drops Steve Smith & his leg that the Vikings hurt last year Whos the better of the three there is also T.O. But after what he said about McNabb I sure dont think the Vikes would sign him To Bad I do like T.O. as a WR & he is looking for a one year contract. Maybe the Vikings staff is happy how they stand now Jenkins on the far side & Berrian on the other The havnt let Bernard go yet So Thay may be the two starters, they also have Camarillo& Jaymar Johnson Go Vikings
If T.O. were the T.O of last year I would take him. His ability was his agility. Will he still have that after the injury? The receivers we have now are not good enough to win at a high level.

Location hidden

#36 Aug 4, 2011
As for McNabb's old magic. The reason he isnt wearing a superbowl ring is the eagles refused to get him a number 1 receiver. Happen in Washington It's happening in Minnesota.
Kanfan

Austin, TX

#37 Aug 4, 2011
Today is the 1st day of camp for the veterans who signed contracts with new teams. It won't take long to see if any of the receivers are worth a spit....let's see what this week brings.
new fart

Brooksville, FL

#38 Aug 4, 2011
I spoke to an old fart that told me Malcolm Floyd is the next Randy Moss.
Todayfarts

Houston, TX

#39 Aug 4, 2011
Kanfan wrote:
Today is the 1st day of camp for the veterans who signed contracts with new teams. It won't take long to see if any of the receivers are worth a spit....let's see what this week brings.
Yep, too much speculation leads to a disapointing season...lets see what McNabb can do with what is available then go from there

“Goodbye my friend!”

Since: Jan 07

Pringle Hill.

#40 Aug 4, 2011
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Gonzo,
Yea he probably will have to run.
Not all is lost though,I'll use the biggest word in the English dictionary here,
IF
Rudolph turns out to be the next
Dallas Clark
or
Antonio Gates
then we have Harvin and Shank
then the
IF again
McNabb can work the magic,we'll be fine.
After all,we sign Hank Baskett as a college FA,ship him to Philly for a bum receive and Mcnabb makes Baskett look great.
So now he can make him look great again.
However we do need Rudolph to be the next Gates and Harvin to continue be All-pro.
Now the big problem will be having time to throw.
The O-Line continues to be
THE REAL PROBLEM.
Fix that and we might be ok.
How about the Lions losing their top pick?
Wow
just when I thought they were the next
Purple People Eaters.
Yeah, the Lions D-line is one of their deepest positions though. Heard Stafford to Johnson was looking pretty good in practice too. I'd like to see this team rise only if it's at the expense of the Bears, not us.

I'm bracing for a week one loss although, last time AD played them, he tore them up. I think Phillip Rivers has something in store for our fantastic DB's

Stranger things have happened. Cunningham, Jeff George, even Favre had career years in purple.

Found a cool schedule wallpaper for the desktop. Going shopping for a new TV in about two weeks. Whatever this season brings, I'll be watching it unfold in beautiful HD!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Percy Harvin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clemson vs Ohio State: NFL Draft Prospects to W... Jan '17 felixArroyo 1
News Thompson: Marshawn Lynch to the Oakland Raiders... (Feb '15) Feb '15 TeamKrappers 7
News Source: Percy Harvin traded to Jets (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 46
News Extra Points: Strike three is looming for Harvin (Oct '14) Oct '14 Flatulence Fred 4
News Minnesota Vikings News: Possible Trade Destinat... (Jun '12) Oct '14 VikingFarts 15
News Broncos, Seahawks top AP Pro32 before rematch (Sep '14) Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News Seattle dominates Denver 43-8 (Feb '14) Jul '14 Dave 10
More from around the web