Center a snap for Dolphins' Satele --...

Center a snap for Dolphins' Satele -- South Florida Sun-Sentine...

There are 49 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Jul 25, 2007, titled Center a snap for Dolphins' Satele -- South Florida Sun-Sentine.... In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

While most of the Dolphins rookies' are hoping to land a roster spot during the upcoming training camp, second-round pick Samson Satele seems to be locking up the starting center job.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
andrew

Lake Worth, FL

#1 Jul 25, 2007
Remember when the Chargers went 4-12 in 2003, and then 12-4 in 2004. Know who was calling the plays for them? Your boy, Camy Cam. Oh, and he did it starting two rookie offensive linemen. I smell 8-8.

Do I think Camy Cam will struggle trying to play head coach AND offensive coordinator? YES. Do I see someone getting hired mid season? YES. Hmm, Bill Cowher? Hmm, Marty Schottenheimer? Only in a perfect world.
Franco

AOL

#2 Jul 26, 2007
Its like everything in life ........you have to EARN it !
Mike

Tucson, AZ

#3 Jul 26, 2007
It looks like Setele's going to be a real player. That's a good thing since he's one of the guys we got for welker.

“Marino is the greatest!”

Since: Jun 07

Fuquay Varina, NC

#5 Jul 26, 2007
"Rookie quarterback John Beck, who has seemingly mastered the complicated playbook, said Satele has the smarts and hands to handle the center position."

Wasn't the great one (DummyPepper) struggling with learning this offense over several months and Beck mastered it in 2-3 months? Amazing!
Tim

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Jul 26, 2007
NO_MORE_SUGAR_COATING_IT wrote:
"Rookie quarterback John Beck, who has seemingly mastered the complicated playbook, said Satele has the smarts and hands to handle the center position."
Wasn't the great one (DummyPepper) struggling with learning this offense over several months and Beck mastered it in 2-3 months? Amazing!
Different OffensE GENIUS!!!

Since: Jan 07

Hoboken, NJ

#7 Jul 26, 2007
Now that wasn't so hard was it? In just one draft this current Dolphins coaching staff has rebuilt the Offensive line. Now granted it is just pre-season and these guys are still young, but it is a good start. Something Shula, J.J., Whiny and the Traitor could not do...Thank you Cam amd Randy
Broward Resident

AOL

#8 Jul 26, 2007
FinFan wrote:
Now that wasn't so hard was it? In just one draft this current Dolphins coaching staff has rebuilt the Offensive line. Now granted it is just pre-season and these guys are still young, but it is a good start. Something Shula, J.J., Whiny and the Traitor could not do...Thank you Cam amd Randy
Your dealing with the Cam Moron ... Don't set yourself up

“One for All”

Since: May 07

TX

#9 Jul 26, 2007
Broward Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you characterize others as morons, it might be a good idea to learn the difference between 'your' and 'you're.' Not only did you set yourself up, but you knocked yourself down.
crazymonkey

Winter Haven, FL

#10 Jul 26, 2007
What's with the conclusion that the O-line has been rebuilt and is now headed for greatness? Granted, for the first time in a awhile, there's room for optimism concerning the offense, but don't draw conclusions from the players' performance during the first few days of rookie camp.
yup

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Jul 26, 2007
money in the bank
ocala howie

Eustis, FL

#12 Jul 26, 2007
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>Different OffensE GENIUS!!!
yeah, but saban,& mularky's offense was twice as simple as cams. did anyone see the trent green interview the other day, when he was saying how complicated this style offense is? beck is going to be a darn good QB just wait. GO PHINS!!!
Ramsterone

Lakeland, FL

#13 Jul 26, 2007
Duh'ta Fumblepepper wasn't intelligent enough to learn Cam's offense and Lemon won't get on the field.What is it with you Duh'ta lovers ?,oh that's right he's black,so he get's a free ride.Duh'ta won't play in 08 and I doubt after that he's done like Vick.
Stephen

AOL

#14 Jul 26, 2007
I'm liking this. This guy is going to bring a toughness and nastiness that's long been lacking on the O-line. I hope he's entrenched there for the next 15 years. He and Beck will soon be fixtures on the offense.
Caddy

United States

#15 Jul 26, 2007
I'm just so thankful we're talking about training camp. FINALLY!!!

I'm excited about this season and this crop of new players. I think there are a lot of young players with tremendous potential on the O-line. Are we going to the Super Bowl this season? Probably not. Is the new management building a solid foundation for future, long-term success? Only time will tell, but I like what I'm seeing and reading about camp and the new players, a lot. Beck, Satele, Solai, and some others seem like real players who will help this franchise.
Timmyy

United States

#16 Jul 26, 2007
First of all, If we go 8-8 this year I will be happy.

Secondaly, When is "Ted Ginn a Miami Dolphin"???

This is getting old with these rookies holding out and they haven't even taken a snap. You know, if Cameron knew this guy's family and says Ginn has good character then why is there a hold out? Everyone is already upset with not taking Quinn. So Ginn has has a lot to prove. If I had a lot to prove and I have great character I would be in camp with my millions of dollars!
DelrayPete

West Palm Beach, FL

#17 Jul 26, 2007
Regardless of the critics, there is a nice sense of optimism surrounding the teams new additions. It feels like we've got some new hard working, quality guys that are buying into the coaches way of thinking and it feels good. Granted, I think we're all just giddy because camp is about to start, but even though suckass Saban was supposed to be an upgrade, there was nothing but tension when he was in charge. No information, nobody can see the team, no one on the team could talk; it was such an unhealthy atmosphere. Now, not only does it seem like we've got some offensive intelligence going on (not even including getting rid of C-pep), but it feels like the players are ALLOWED to enjoy themselves a little bit more. Looking forward to a fun year! Go Phins!
MEMH

Westminster, CO

#18 Jul 26, 2007
NO_MORE_SUGAR_COATING_IT wrote:
Thats not really that hard to figure out why -is it?
Depressed Dolfan

United States

#19 Jul 26, 2007
i hope setele turns out to be a great player, but him starting this year makes me nervous. I mean he has 0 nfl experience and 0 cold game experience.
the Breed

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Jul 26, 2007
EXACTLY!!!!
crazymonkey wrote:
What's with the conclusion that the O-line has been rebuilt and is now headed for greatness? Granted, for the first time in a awhile, there's room for optimism concerning the offense, but don't draw conclusions from the players' performance during the first few days of rookie camp.
john

Gloversville, NY

#21 Jul 26, 2007
Broward Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. Cam moron? That's not even funny. You're so much smarter than the head coach and that's the put down you come up with. Truly pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Soliai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Miami Dolphins blog: Check out the latest news ... (Feb '09) Oct '13 Drafttards 5
News Weekly Dolphan Recap (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ross Dress For Less 1
News New Miami Dolphin Introduction: Philip Wheeler (May '13) May '13 Fishbreath 9
News Miami Dolphins 2013 Rumors: What's the biggest ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 JohnL 4
News Draft Winds: Three defensive linemen worth stud... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Gasman 2
News Free Agent Watch (Feb '12) Feb '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web