Miami Dolphins waive defensive lineman Fred Evans after weekend...

The Dolphins waived troubled defensive lineman Fred Evans on Thursday as the organization carried out coach Cam Cameron's vow that the situation would "be dealt with seriously." Evans' release comes after his ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Native

United States

#1 Jun 28, 2007
I am so tired of this stuff, waiving Fred Evans cause he gets drunk then tasered by cops? I think I am going to cancell my season tickets!
Disgruntled Fan

United States

#2 Jun 28, 2007
Wow, so because the guy's name isn't Joey Porter we kick him to the curb??? Cameron better pray these suspect decisions of his (see Ginn, Ted & Evans, Fred) pay off or pretty soon he'll be the one kicked to the curb.
Vic

United States

#3 Jun 28, 2007
He should have given this a little more thought...we could use all the help we can get on the D-Line...if he was looking to make a statement well better him than any of our stars.
chris

Cape Coral, FL

#4 Jun 28, 2007
hey cam, you ever think that people f up at times? you kick somebody to the curb for f'in up and you get your panties in a wad and boot the guy? What if Joep P did the same thing? Why didn't you make a statement then and kick him off the team? Was it because you had all that money invested in Joey P and not Evans? I don't agree with your decision. You know people make mistakes and they can be corrected. You just decide to grab the story by the balls and boot the guy. I tell you what Mr. Cam...if you F up with the fins in the next 2-3 years, you will get the boot too. Don't try to be a power pig. I don't dislike you but don't agree with you and RM's power high. You need to evaluate yourself before you evalutate others. Remember, you are a first year head coach in the NFL. I wish the best but don't agree on some of your immediate decisions.
chris

Cape Coral, FL

#5 Jun 28, 2007
Native wrote:
I am so tired of this stuff, waiving Fred Evans cause he gets drunk then tasered by cops? I think I am going to cancell my season tickets!
Already did that.
BIG pats fan in flodda

Miami, FL

#6 Jun 28, 2007
these issues need to be dealt with much more privately and professionally than what i see being done now. keep it in house if you know what i mean.
Truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Jun 28, 2007
Disgruntled Fan wrote:
Wow, so because the guy's name isn't Joey Porter we kick him to the curb??? Cameron better pray these suspect decisions of his (see Ginn, Ted & Evans, Fred) pay off or pretty soon he'll be the one kicked to the curb.
Native wrote:
Well.. I thought I was going to bed nice and easy, but, I see, we have some people that need to be enlightened.

Let's break the charges down so you really understand them.

Aggravated Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer: This means that he used a weapon on a police officer to physically harm him/her or both.

Aggravated means he used a weapon (teeth are considered weapons when used on others to harm). Battery means he physically harmed them in one or multiple ways. When you add "Aggravated" and "Battery" to "Law Enforcement Officer" you just committed an act just below killing a citizen. You don't F with the cops!

They are here to protect, and, when you commit a crime against them: That's real serious.

Resisting arrest WITH VIOLENCE. He not only resisted, he intentionally hurt others in the process. Not just others, but, Police Others.

He was going to jail for trespassing and disorderly conduct. His actions against the police turned these misdemeanors into 2 of the most severe crimes known to man.

Let's take a step back for a moment. Possession of maryjane in Texas probably comes with some jail time if you take it to trial and are convicted. Evans decided to forego his trial and possible jail time by electing to take probation. If he stayed clean, no problem. If he messed up, which he did in the worse way, he is facing the full sentence for the 1st offense and also all new time for his new offenses. In other words.. He's seriously Farked!!!

Joey Porter.. got into a fist fight with another individual. This is disgraceful in it's self, but, in no way warrants a release or prison time.

I will say this though, if Porter messes up again, under Goodell and Cameron's rules... He should be dealt. The same go's for all of the trash talkers on the team. If Vonnie, Jason and Chris have so much to say agianst the team.. They are not needed and their tradeoff will be more appreciated. You have to cut the cancer. Speaking of which, when will "Wild Fire Daunte" be gone?
Deport Republicans

United States

#8 Jun 29, 2007
About time, these republican role models / athletes must understand that they need to be accountable for their actions and money doesnt fix their actions.
waiver means bye bye....
Mike

Tucson, AZ

#10 Jun 29, 2007
How long before Saban recommends Evans to New England (like he did with Morris and Welker). Fred Evans will be in New England before September.
Deport Republicans

United States

#11 Jun 29, 2007
Bryan wrote:
This is a ridiculous move by Cam. If this is the way he's going to run the team, the Dolphins are going to suck for a long time. The good teams will take chances on guys who can play, but have problems. The Dolphins will have great character, but finish last.
You'd think that they would have put a higher priority on Wes Welker if character's so important. If you're going to overreact to negative character, then you should over-reward positive character.
come on dude, charactor has to count for something. you are a typical republican, escaping accountbility
Broward Resident

AOL

#12 Jun 29, 2007
CAM-MORON .. He Be Bad ..!!
Big Jim

AOL

#13 Jun 29, 2007
Good riddance. Work your way up the ladder from a 7th round pick only to throw it all away. Stupid negro.
Marcus

United States

#14 Jun 29, 2007
the NFL and the NBA need to step up to the plate and let these spoiled man-children know their stupid actions will not be tolerated. Let these stupid fools go find a job on the loading docks and they can see how good they really have it as athletes.
Dprat

Winter Park, FL

#15 Jun 29, 2007
well said Truth. well said
Native

United States

#16 Jun 29, 2007
Deport Republicans wrote:
<quoted text>
come on dude, charactor has to count for something. you are a typical republican, escaping accountbility
Charactor only counts for Bill Clinton, besideds what one does in the privacy of there own Cab, should not be brought up here! Fred Evans was ONLY puking and acting like a hoodlum! Ya'll are acting like he lied to a grand jury! Cut tha brotha a break, he got six kids with 7 sistas!
Finfanatic

United States

#17 Jun 29, 2007
Cameron cut Evans because he was good as gone (to jail) anyway.
Why? Evans was on PROBATION in Texas. And as everone (should) know, the Texas court system don't play.

Frostproof Florida
Mike

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Jun 29, 2007
Where is big mouth Rosenhaus now? He will kick Evans to the curb faster than Cam Cameron. Rosenhaus is faker than a three dollar bill. Daunte and Rosenhaus are a perfect fit. They are more mouth than productivity.
didntdoit

Satellite Provider

#19 Jun 29, 2007
You forgot to mention Fla. has sentencing guidelines with means each crimes carries a curtain amount of points they add all the points together for the crimes they were convicted of to determine the sentence they will recieve but here,s the kicker he was on probation already so that puts him in a higher grid atleast that is how it use to work in my day bottom line he maybe playing at Fla state and i do not mean the college team good luck i wish him well you break the law then you need to be dealt with
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Well.. I thought I was going to bed nice and easy, but, I see, we have some people that need to be enlightened.
Let's break the charges down so you really understand them.
Aggravated Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer: This means that he used a weapon on a police officer to physically harm him/her or both.
Aggravated means he used a weapon (teeth are considered weapons when used on others to harm). Battery means he physically harmed them in one or multiple ways. When you add "Aggravated" and "Battery" to "Law Enforcement Officer" you just committed an act just below killing a citizen. You don't F with the cops!
They are here to protect, and, when you commit a crime against them: That's real serious.
Resisting arrest WITH VIOLENCE. He not only resisted, he intentionally hurt others in the process. Not just others, but, Police Others.
He was going to jail for trespassing and disorderly conduct. His actions against the police turned these misdemeanors into 2 of the most severe crimes known to man.
Let's take a step back for a moment. Possession of maryjane in Texas probably comes with some jail time if you take it to trial and are convicted. Evans decided to forego his trial and possible jail time by electing to take probation. If he stayed clean, no problem. If he messed up, which he did in the worse way, he is facing the full sentence for the 1st offense and also all new time for his new offenses. In other words.. He's seriously Farked!!!
Joey Porter.. got into a fist fight with another individual. This is disgraceful in it's self, but, in no way warrants a release or prison time.
I will say this though, if Porter messes up again, under Goodell and Cameron's rules... He should be dealt. The same go's for all of the trash talkers on the team. If Vonnie, Jason and Chris have so much to say agianst the team.. They are not needed and their tradeoff will be more appreciated. You have to cut the cancer. Speaking of which, when will "Wild Fire Daunte" be gone?
JiminVa

AOL

#20 Jun 29, 2007
I agree with you,Truth. He had his second chance, it's called probation. If I was an NFL player even just making the minimum, I would hire a driver wherever I went. This guy was refusing to get out of a cab...resisting to the point they had to taser him? What was this guy thinking? Knowing what he has to lose,actions like that reflect poor judgement. Clearly the fins and the league in general is tightening up on this stuff and not a minute too soon in my opinion. Let him go to the Pats with the rest of the thugs they have added there. I would love to have Asante' Samuel tho. late
Paul

United States

#21 Jun 29, 2007
Deport Republicans wrote:
About time, these republican role models / athletes must understand that they need to be accountable for their actions and money doesnt fix their actions.
waiver means bye bye....
What a stupid comment The likelihood of him being a republican is about the same as Nickinator handing out gold stars and warm fuzzies to his players in Bama. Sorry Democrat Dan I guarantee this one belongs to you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Soliai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
Miami Dolphins blog: Check out the latest news ... (Feb '09) Oct '13 Drafttards 5
Weekly Dolphan Recap (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ross Dress For Less 1
New Miami Dolphin Introduction: Philip Wheeler (May '13) May '13 Fishbreath 9
Miami Dolphins 2013 Rumors: What's the biggest ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 JohnL 4
Draft Winds: Three defensive linemen worth stud... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Gasman 2
Free Agent Watch (Feb '12) Feb '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web