Miami Dolphins top 10 players to watch this offseason

There are 48 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 30, 2009, titled Miami Dolphins top 10 players to watch this offseason. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Miami Dolphins began the "voluntary" offseason conditioning program today, starting the journey to getting coach Tony Sparano's players in peak shape for the 2009 season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Just Sayin

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Mar 30, 2009
Haha. Shawn Murphy blows.
jack

North Fort Myers, FL

#2 Mar 30, 2009
Do not draft anymore Buckeyes
mud fish

Hialeah, FL

#3 Mar 30, 2009
jack wrote:
Do not draft anymore Buckeyes
Or Vols. Kinda surprised Crowder escaped this list...he needs to stepup his game too.
sean

Hollywood, FL

#4 Mar 30, 2009
i would love to see malcolm jenkins playing for the dolphins... and he's from ohio state... i hope peria jerry falls to us.... i want the dolphins d-line to be ferocious next year
seminole student

Tallahassee, FL

#5 Mar 30, 2009
HAHA Shawn Murphy does blow.
Sean

Bristow, VA

#6 Mar 30, 2009
Murphy is a thick chested dude with alot of power ,one of the strongest on the team last yr(not this yr Grove can bench close to 500lbs).He is behind most rookies this yr because he just started playing this position and he is a Mormon and went on a mission.Bill and Co know what to look for in Olineman and they traded up to get him, he will compete for playing time this yr and I trust that he will be a starter down the road. Wilford and JAllen is the ones I worry about. If Wilford could not get on the field last yr how is he going to get on the field this yr because we are going to draft a WR a some point and we are bringing back the WRs we had last yr, that means there will be no room on the roster for him. JAllen was the #16 pick in the draft, a pick that high should be a starter by now and we are weak at that position so if he can not get on the field this yr he will be a majer bust!!!!!!
JBCFINFAN

Orlando, FL

#7 Mar 30, 2009
When I look at these players I feel confidence that all will work out for the FINS this year, well maybe not Wilford who I think took a season off after getting paid. I like our other receivers though, and I feel that they'll do much better this year with the development of our OL. I would rather that BP & Co. will concentrate on the defensive backs in the draft although, if Percy Harvin is available, we should take him.
MJZ

East Northport, NY

#8 Mar 30, 2009
What gives me hope for this roster is that there are only 2 starters from last year mentioned that have "something to prove". The rest are guys just trying to make the squad or move up the depth charts, like J Allen and Merling.

If this list was loaded with starters who had "something to prove" I'd be worried.
mud fish

Hialeah, FL

#9 Mar 30, 2009
MJZ wrote:
What gives me hope for this roster is that there are only 2 starters from last year mentioned that have "something to prove". The rest are guys just trying to make the squad or move up the depth charts, like J Allen and Merling.
If this list was loaded with starters who had "something to prove" I'd be worried.
Or if they were out for "some kinda vengeance."
Austin

El Paso, TX

#10 Mar 30, 2009
Hey check out this Safety from UTEP at his college proday, 3/12/09!

His name is George Kelly, he hit a 40 inch vertical, a 10 ft 3in broad jump, was able to hit 225lbs 19 reps, and ran a 4.50 40-yd dash. How is this kid not on someone's list to get drafted?!?!?! He did better than anyone at the NFL Combine....
Homer Simpson

United States

#11 Mar 30, 2009
Why do I need to keep an eye on them? Are they gonna get arrested or something?

I thought I could just watch football during the season, didn't know I had to watch the players during the off season. DOH, doh, DOH, doh!!
marinofan13

Wilkes Barre, PA

#12 Mar 30, 2009
On the "HOTSEAT": Wilford, Jason Allen, and Ginn. Wilford has proven he can get it done; expect him to have an impact year. Allen has shown flashes of brilliance; expect him to have a solid year if he's kept at 1 position. Ginn is maturing on time; expect him to have a breakout year if we have a good #2 receiver.

GO PHINS!!!
Defender

Atlanta, GA

#13 Mar 30, 2009
Marino

Pompano Beach, FL

#14 Mar 30, 2009
Cut Jason Allen
perspective

Clermont, FL

#15 Mar 30, 2009
Allen makes it. Keep in mind, even the best corners get beat. It has to do with the rules leaning toward the offense. He'll get better as the year goes on. IF he is left at one position.
Roth makes it. He plays.
Anderson will be looking over his shoulder.
If Solai has been suspended twice because of weight, it makes me wonder how much he really wants to play. May be a casualty.
Merling had better make it. He'll at least be an adequate backup. He should prove to be a starter though. Wake will the interesting project to keep an eye on. He seems to be ready to play. Might be a good relief player for Porter.
Ginn has to get better at getting off his coverage. He can catch the ball and run if he has that first step.
London has what they are looking for. Big, fast, good hands, good special teams player. He'll get every chance to make it.
Wilford will be the biggest and most expensive mistake to date. Face it folks, he hit the lottery and quit.
Murphy is at this moment, a question mark. Does he want to learn? We'll see this camp. I wouldn't put money on him. No one hits on every draft pick. Hope I'm wrong on him though.
Lincoln

Tipton, IA

#16 Mar 30, 2009
That G-K dude looks like he might have some talent. 40 needs to be a lil better.
crazymonkey

Winter Haven, FL

#17 Mar 30, 2009
Get off Murphy's case. Murphy shouldn't be considered a bust. Having played on the offensive line for only 2 years in college, he was a project with raw technique. The line on him, however, was that he was a quick study, but that it'd be 2 or 3 years in the NFL before he honed his technique to the point where he'd realize his potential. He's obviously a hard-worker with skill and promise, otherwise, the Fins would've released or cut him already.
Jason Allen, on the other hand, is a bust. He's too often out of position, overpursues, is hesitant, takes poor angles, gets beaten consistently, etc. I've heard all of the excuses - got to camp late as a rookie, cornerback's not his "natural" position, went through multiple positions and defensive schemes, had to learn a complicated system under Saban. I don't understand why so many excuses are made for him. 3 years in the NFL have shown that he's not likely to pan out.
Kimbo Slice

Miami, FL

#18 Mar 30, 2009
Homer Simpson wrote:
Why do I need to keep an eye on them? Are they gonna get arrested or something?
I thought I could just watch football during the season, didn't know I had to watch the players during the off season. DOH, doh, DOH, doh!!
Simple, he was a nobody in college.
Sean

Bristow, VA

#19 Mar 30, 2009
crazymonkey wrote:
Get off Murphy's case. Murphy shouldn't be considered a bust. Having played on the offensive line for only 2 years in college, he was a project with raw technique. The line on him, however, was that he was a quick study, but that it'd be 2 or 3 years in the NFL before he honed his technique to the point where he'd realize his potential. He's obviously a hard-worker with skill and promise, otherwise, the Fins would've released or cut him already.
Jason Allen, on the other hand, is a bust. He's too often out of position, overpursues, is hesitant, takes poor angles, gets beaten consistently, etc. I've heard all of the excuses - got to camp late as a rookie, cornerback's not his "natural" position, went through multiple positions and defensive schemes, had to learn a complicated system under Saban. I don't understand why so many excuses are made for him. 3 years in the NFL have shown that he's not likely to pan out.
I agree completly and I have said Murph will be ok he is a thick chested guy and I here he is strong as a ox but he is behind because of the mission he went on and he hasnt played at that pos long,How ever I would not call JAllen a bust intil after this yr he ether puts up or shuts up and goes away because if he can not get on the field with the hole at CB we have he will never get on the field. Good luck JAllen
Sean

Bristow, VA

#20 Mar 30, 2009
A #16 pick in the draft you figer he would be a starter by now but I will hold out from calling him a bust intil after this yr.JAllen now or never.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Soliai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Miami Dolphins blog: Check out the latest news ... (Feb '09) Oct '13 Drafttards 5
News Weekly Dolphan Recap (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ross Dress For Less 1
News New Miami Dolphin Introduction: Philip Wheeler (May '13) May '13 Fishbreath 9
News Miami Dolphins 2013 Rumors: What's the biggest ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 JohnL 4
News Draft Winds: Three defensive linemen worth stud... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Gasman 2
News Free Agent Watch (Feb '12) Feb '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web