Dolphins camp recap

Dolphins camp recap

There are 9 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 7, 2008, titled Dolphins camp recap. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano sternly chastised the receiving corps, including running backs, for its ongoing habit of dropping passes this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

stressed

New York, NY

#1 Aug 7, 2008
Wow!

If Hagan is giving motivational catching-the-ball speeches, that says very little about the quality of our receivers.

I know he has been doing better, and I hope he keeps it up, but the only thing that makes him an authority on dropping balls are the balls he dropped.
mori

Sorrento, FL

#2 Aug 7, 2008
i have little confidence in our passing game.

you cannot make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

our running game will be solid, but we will not be able to throw at all. it will be pathetic.

we need another offseason to shore up the passing game.. either the young QB's gotta step it up or we gotta find a QB who can get the job done.

the WR's are awful and I don't see how we will move the ball through the air.
JSR

Wilmington, NC

#3 Aug 7, 2008
A four year old can catch a football.

It's all about learning the placement of your hands and focusing on the thing.

Sometimes an a$$ chewing makes all the difference in the world.

O. J. McDuffie had that problem, until one game where Marino fired a pass to him in the back of the end zone, wide open, and he dropped it. On the sideline afterwards Marino bumped his helmet against his pointing a finger in his chest. And it was obvious that he wasn't simply saying "please don't drop the ball anymore".

That's when O.J. became a good receiver. Not blazingly fast, but low and behold he rarely ever dropped anything after that moment.

I'd love to see Marino out there in some shorts with the QBs and receivers showing them how it's done. Why isn't this man coaching?
timmy the turtle

Loxahatchee, FL

#4 Aug 7, 2008
stressed wrote:
the only thing that makes him an authority on dropping balls are the balls he dropped IN HIS MOUTH.
Indeed.
JSC

King Of Prussia, PA

#5 Aug 7, 2008
JSR wrote:
Sometimes an **** chewing makes all the difference in the world.
O. J. McDuffie had that problem, until one game where Marino fired a pass to him in the back of the end zone, wide open, and he dropped it. On the sideline afterwards Marino bumped his helmet against his pointing a finger in his chest. And it was obvious that he wasn't simply saying "please don't drop the ball anymore".
That's when O.J. became a good receiver. Not blazingly fast, but low and behold he rarely ever dropped anything after that moment.
I'd love to see Marino out there in some shorts with the QBs and receivers showing them how it's done. Why isn't this man coaching?
That's a good question.
Dave

AOL

#6 Aug 7, 2008
JSR wrote:
Sometimes an **** chewing makes all the difference in the world.
Choker Dan worked for the Dolphins front office. He QUIT after 1 week!!
EMBARASSED

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Aug 7, 2008
Hagan is STARTING? wow
thats not a good sign
patsfan

Hollywood, FL

#8 Aug 7, 2008
Maybe the coach should rip Parcells for not signing him any talent.
But seriously, the Dolphins sound more like a high school team than a Pro team.
patsfan

Hollywood, FL

#9 Aug 7, 2008
Hey coach, if your not happy with your WR's maybe you should cut them and trade or pickup some decent ones. I hear this is a pretty popular idea with most NFL coaches

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Soliai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Miami Dolphins blog: Check out the latest news ... (Feb '09) Oct '13 Drafttards 5
News Weekly Dolphan Recap (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ross Dress For Less 1
News New Miami Dolphin Introduction: Philip Wheeler (May '13) May '13 Fishbreath 9
News Miami Dolphins 2013 Rumors: What's the biggest ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 JohnL 4
News Draft Winds: Three defensive linemen worth stud... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Gasman 2
News Free Agent Watch (Feb '12) Feb '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web