Miami Dolphins nose tackle Paul Solia...

Miami Dolphins nose tackle Paul Soliai sweats out 2009 NFL draft

There are 53 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 29, 2009, titled Miami Dolphins nose tackle Paul Soliai sweats out 2009 NFL draft. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Backup nose tackle Paul Soliai was nearly as nervous watching last weekend's draft nearly as he was two years ago when the Dolphins selected him in the fourth round out of Utah.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ckw

Lawrence, KS

#1 Apr 29, 2009
Turnoff the sh--ty techno music. I will not return to this site until then.
Clyde

Atlanta, GA

#2 Apr 29, 2009
He was very fortunate that our needs are greater at corner and and N.E got the nose takle that we may have taken. Although, the market for cornerback is much thinner. Looks like Mr. Wilfork may be heading back south next year.Whatta'ya know.
scbrandon

Greenville, SC

#3 Apr 29, 2009
hopefully this lights a fire under his a&&. this guys got the skills to be a beast and if he gets his stuff together he can be a solid starter
NPfinfan

Fort Wayne, IN

#4 Apr 29, 2009
what an idiot. True players love the competition, strive for it. This guy wants an easy pass and has gotten one for a few years now.
Dennis

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Apr 29, 2009
Clyde wrote:
He was very fortunate that our needs are greater at corner and and N.E got the nose takle that we may have taken. Although, the market for cornerback is much thinner. Looks like Mr. Wilfork may be heading back south next year.Whatta'ya know.
U think Parcells is going to pay A.Haynesworth money? NE has 2 good NT already, so they will let him walk and they get high comp pick. They did the smart thing as usual, the fins drafted 2 cb's with the idea basically the same. Our cb is up for a new contract and Parcells will let him walk if offered big contract,plus we will get high comp pick.I highly doubt the fins sign wilfork at the price he will want.
Lifeboat number34

Calgary, Canada

#6 Apr 29, 2009
Soliai you arent done yet. Far from it. In fact your feet are in the fire right now. This guy has got to step it up.
Guess he forgot about the trade with the Jags for Tony McDaniel??
Mario Rodriguez

Boca Raton, FL

#7 Apr 29, 2009
Mr. Soliai,

I hope you do something this season because really like you.. I'm rooting for you! Stop being lazy!!!
Mike T

Moscow, Russia

#8 Apr 29, 2009
Lazy, lol. A loser is a better title for this fat slow unfortunate.
Sean

Gainesville, VA

#9 Apr 29, 2009
Lifeboat number34 wrote:
Soliai you arent done yet. Far from it. In fact your feet are in the fire right now. This guy has got to step it up.
I can not see a guy of McDaniels hieght playing NT but if he can play low all for it. Soliai is a monster but needs to be more consistant, and I believe he will. He will get more playing time no doult and that will help him.
Mike T

Moscow, Russia

#10 Apr 29, 2009
Duh, ok. STFU.
perspective

Clermont, FL

#11 Apr 29, 2009
He should send fruit baskets to Atlanta and New England in thanks for saving his job for the time being. If he doesn't take the next step in his development, the Dolphins will take counter steps faster than he can blink.
JET FAN

Covington, LA

#12 Apr 29, 2009
solia-me-sandwich BURP! I mean this guy's been hangin around like a Booger on a nostril.
This guy needs to get Flicked , preferably on some losers winshield.
They should have started a "survivor's series" staring john Beck and the Haka team. Ted Ginn and his family and Cam Cameron as an insane tour guide.
How long does it take a solia-me-sandwich to make the team?
You losers are down to the last member of June Jones Haka team, Boip! I could never figure it out except maybe Mueller had one to many mai tia's or maybe Zombies. and decided to skip the rest of his campus visits.
Beck who looked worse than a high school quarterback and definately deserved the title of AWFULIN of the year in 2007.
Then was scared of a "buzzer" and just fell apart completely.

JET FAN

Covington, LA

#13 Apr 29, 2009
Lifeboat number34 wrote:
That's true, what happened to McDaniel? All this hoopla over another freeky awfulin pickup and they forget all about him. Maybe he's a Bust before he even hit the training facility! hahahahahaharg!

“The Best Is Yet To Come...”

Since: Jan 07

South Florida

#15 Apr 29, 2009
Step it up, Paul. Time to see what you can REALLY do.
rubedaddy

Maidens, VA

#16 Apr 30, 2009
Just wait they will add a nose before camp
Durty Sanchez

Fort Myers, FL

#17 Apr 30, 2009
JET FAN wrote:
<quoted text>That's true, what happened to McDaniel? All this hoopla over another freeky awfulin pickup and they forget all about him. Maybe he's a Bust before he even hit the training facility! hahahahahaharg!
Just because jetfans blow thier loads everytime Dolphins make a minor trade doesnt mean there is a lot of "hoopla".
Mark in Centreville

Santa Barbara, CA

#18 Apr 30, 2009
Hollis Thomas is available.
Fang

Hollywood, FL

#19 Apr 30, 2009
This shows all the players no one is safe, does it surprise anyone that Paul was sweating it. He's a bubble player no matter what happened in the draft, and if he doesn't step it up they will turning over rocks looking to replace him.
OCALA ROB

Groveland, FL

#20 Apr 30, 2009
JET FAN wrote:
solia-me-sandwich BURP! I mean this guy's been hangin around like a Booger on a nostril.
They should have started a "survivor's series" staring john Beck and the Haka team. Ted Ginn and his family and Cam Cameron as an insane tour guide.
You losers are down to the last member of June Jones Haka team, Boip! I could never figure it out except maybe Mueller had one to many mai tia's or maybe Zombies. and decided to skip the rest of his campus visits.
Beck who looked worse than a high school quarterback and definately deserved the title of AWFULIN of the year in 2007.
what is boip? is that burp with a nY accent LOL
go fin's J.E.T.S.S.U.C.K

Since: Oct 08

Ft. Lauderdale

#21 Apr 30, 2009
JET FAN wrote:
man dude, as a jet fan ,you sure do follow the fins ALOT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Paul Soliai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Vikings Express Interest In Paul Soliai (Mar '14) Mar '14 misterdro80 2
News Miami Dolphins blog: Check out the latest news ... (Feb '09) Oct '13 Drafttards 5
News Weekly Dolphan Recap (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ross Dress For Less 1
News New Miami Dolphin Introduction: Philip Wheeler (May '13) May '13 Fishbreath 9
News Miami Dolphins 2013 Rumors: What's the biggest ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 JohnL 4
News Draft Winds: Three defensive linemen worth stud... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Gasman 2
News Free Agent Watch (Feb '12) Feb '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web