Bears' Mark Anderson has surgery on t...

Bears' Mark Anderson has surgery on thumb

There are 12 comments on the ChicagoSports.com story from Aug 19, 2008, titled Bears' Mark Anderson has surgery on thumb. In it, ChicagoSports.com reports that:

Not that the Bears needed another injury, but defensive end Mark Anderson is out for Thursday's exhibition game after undergoing thumb surgery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ChicagoSports.com.

J W Chic

Chicago, IL

#1 Aug 19, 2008
Did someons ay the 2008 Bears season was cancelled due to J.A. and L.S. stupidity? Might as well be. We would of been better off if a couple of college recruiters did our Draft and Free Agency. It would not be so bad if it was/is a one time thing but; year after year. You would think after the first yr or 2 they would learn.
Maunakea Rick

Atlanta, GA

#2 Aug 19, 2008
just a thought, but why not convert one our talented and deep d linemen to the offensive line. Could anyone get by Idonije for instance?
Wow_Really

Chicago, IL

#3 Aug 20, 2008
Our offensive line is aging, we have 3 good defensive ends...lets draft Dan Bauzin, 2nd round, instead of any O-line. Smart.
philherb

Wooster, OH

#4 Aug 20, 2008
Just get through this year and we'll be fine. Think of this next year we will have 2 first round picks. (C.Williams although this years will not play this year) and the #1 pick Tim Tebow. How great is that we have the cornerstones of our offense in one draft. Brilliant.
Billy Bob

College Station, TX

#6 Aug 20, 2008
philherb wrote:
Just get through this year and we'll be fine. Think of this next year we will have 2 first round picks.(C.Williams although this years will not play this year) and the #1 pick Tim Tebow. How great is that we have the cornerstones of our offense in one draft. Brilliant.
Yeah....But Angelo and Company will find a way to screw it up...they always do and always will acquire draft busts...
Walter Butch Brzeski

AOL

#7 Aug 20, 2008
Wow! I think Nick Roach (concussion) and Patrick Mannelly (stinger) might have hit and hurt each other on a punt. What a waste to burn a roster spot on a long snapper? Mannelly is excellent, but, isn't there any other players on the Bears roster that can long snap?

Greg Olson snapped for FGs late in the Seattle game, but, Olson appears to have 'ostrich' disease (head up his butt) after catching one pass so far and being used as a 'rag doll' on pass and run blocking so far. And, long snaaping duties may screw up him even more.

Not to mention Olson not getting enough depth on his pass patterns, including one against Seattle where he was tackled 2 yards short of a first down on a 3rd and 5.

And, doesn't injured Desmond Clark long snap?

Oh boy! I think it's going to be a long year for the Bears!
Northside Tim

New York, NY

#8 Aug 20, 2008
Maunakea Rick wrote:
just a thought, but why not convert one our talented and deep d linemen to the offensive line. Could anyone get by Idonije for instance?
I like Idonije where he's at, but it's an interesting idea. If I'm not mistaken, Big Cat Williams was a D-lineman in college. The Bears converted him to the offensive line, and that worked well. Bottom line is, Jerry Angelo has neglected the offensive line for too long, and we're paying for it now.
beardownCO

Denver, CO

#9 Aug 20, 2008
anquan boldin wants out of AZ. GO GET HIM. trade hester for boldin and a lineman. save the season!
Concerned

Rapid City, SD

#10 Aug 20, 2008
beardownCO wrote:
anquan boldin wants out of AZ. GO GET HIM. trade hester for boldin and a lineman. save the season!
Amen. Anyone who thinks Hester is the savior is kidding themselves. He will have a minimal impact at WR and probably will let a few bounce off of his head (Giants game). He will not continue his record pace for long. He may get a couple TD's this year, but it will be nothing like the last two years. He is the only one that opponents have to gameplan for. Of course since we signed Hester to a ridiculous offer the Cardinals couldn't afford him anyway. Major overhaul is needed now that the O line is finished.
How ironic

United States

#11 Aug 20, 2008
Arizona wouldn't trade Hester for Boldin straight up. let alone for Boldin AND a lineman.

Trade Anderson, the 2nd Rd and 4th Rd next year.
Chad

Schaumburg, IL

#12 Aug 20, 2008
Don't trade Hester! He is the only reason to watch the bears at times...

The only management team worse than the bears is that of the Bulls! Paxson has to be the worst GM of any pro sport he has learned anything in five years he jost trods on making the same mistakes over and over!!!!!!!!

Bye Bye Angelo, Sleepy Smith and Stand Pax Chicago will be a much better place without your stupidity.
beardownCO

Denver, CO

#13 Aug 20, 2008
I dont' know, after lighting them up on MNF 2 years ago, I'd think the Arizona desert wrens would jump at Hester, even with the contract.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Mannelly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cutler likely out 6-8 weeks with broken thumb (Nov '11) Nov '11 chicago fan 1
News Chicago Bears: 7 Most Unheralded Players on the... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Go Blue 3
News Chicago Bears Insider: Just How Long Does Brian... (Jun '11) Jun '11 the big G 3
News Grading the Chicago BearsSpecial Teams (Mar '11) Mar '11 flaca 1
News Lovie sees team of leaders even as Bears lack u... (Jan '10) Jan '10 E B F 1
News Green Bay Packers beat Chicago Bears 21-15 (Sep '09) Sep '09 E B F 20
News NFC North: How will Bears move on? (Sep '09) Sep '09 GMan in Cally 1
More from around the web