Green Bay Packers beat Chicago Bears 21-15

Sep 14, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WXMI-TV Grand Rapids

Jay Cutler runs for some yardage away from Green Bay's Brandon Chillar during the fourth quarter.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Sep 18, 2009

“"Dumbass at times"”

Since: Jul 09

Florence

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 14, 2009
 
The more you practice he luckier you get

“To Thine Own Self Be True”

Since: Aug 09

Wayzata, Minnesota

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 14, 2009
 
i am bettin on the bears in chicago ... even without #54 in the middle ... i was not impressed with the pack at all ... i am so lookin forward to 10/5 in the dome and the purple gettin after the pack should be a fun game to watch
jeremy

Mooreton, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 14, 2009
 
MGR4FUN wrote:
i am bettin on the bears in chicago ... even without #54 in the middle ... i was not impressed with the pack at all ... i am so lookin forward to 10/5 in the dome and the purple gettin after the pack should be a fun game to watch
4 picks and a 50 yard game winning TD pass isn't impressive? Interesting. We'll stack 8 in the box and see if Brett can beat the Pack with his arm, Cutler couldn't do it.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 15, 2009
 
thats true and at this point Cutler is a better qb then BF is.Minn does have A.P. who is better then any back Chicago has,so thats a major challenge but again Chicagos defense is better then Minn although Minn does have the 2 monsters in the middle ( of course they are the only 2 who can fail a Substance test and not be suspended,but,who cares we beat them before with those 2 and will again,esp if the old man has to beat us with his arm,not AP feet)

“Vikings West Coast Rep!”

Since: Mar 07

Ridgecrest, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 15, 2009
 
jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>4 picks and a 50 yard game winning TD pass isn't impressive? Interesting. We'll stack 8 in the box and see if Brett can beat the Pack with his arm, Cutler couldn't do it.
What a dumd @$$! The Vikings would love that. 10 preseason games before the Steelers. AD will be ready for a real defense by then.

“Vikings West Coast Rep!”

Since: Mar 07

Ridgecrest, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 15, 2009
 
eric wrote:
thats true and at this point Cutler is a better qb then BF is.Minn does have A.P. who is better then any back Chicago has,so thats a major challenge but again Chicagos defense is better then Minn although Minn does have the 2 monsters in the middle ( of course they are the only 2 who can fail a Substance test and not be suspended,but,who cares we beat them before with those 2 and will again,esp if the old man has to beat us with his arm,not AP feet)
HUH?? Chicago's what? beter than what?? Don't watch much football do ya? Better get off the blogs Alice and start getting caught up with reality! Jared Allen is coming... in Cutler's mouth!
wal0645

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 15, 2009
 
Viking fans poking out their chest after beating who...I mean with AP or AD or whatever his name is ya'll are 1-3 against the Pack and that one win should have been a lost. You added a 40 year old QB and Percy (who is a good player). We got Capers who trumps the slinger and Harvin. By the way, we added a few other pieces also. So if you want to look ahead go ahead, right now we need to beat the Bengals.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 15, 2009
 
GMan in Cally wrote:
<quoted text>
HUH?? Chicago's what? beter than what?? Don't watch much football do ya? Better get off the blogs Alice and start getting caught up with reality! Jared Allen is coming... in Cutler's mouth!
you honestly think Minn defense is better then Chicagos? well Alice maybe your delusional here.
Dewy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 16, 2009
 
Settle down people it is one game. The Vikings win with AP.Yes he is for real. GB didn't play well. One big play got the win .And that is great .A win is a win. But that big play and win covered a lot of bad stuff. Give it time before we say who's MVP or super bowl or div. champs. This comparing players after one game get over it. Talk about that at the end of the year.

“Vikings West Coast Rep!”

Since: Mar 07

Ridgecrest, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 16, 2009
 
Sorry, I can't wait that long, I'll come back and talk about it after the 4th game. Because I saw nothing in the first game that makes G.B. a threat to the Vikings. No, Chicago's D is not nearly as good as Minnesota's. And the Bears nearly shut you down. WE'll stop your run, then pick your passing game apart. 3-4 def is a poor plan when facing Adrian Peterson. I'm just sayin...

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 16, 2009
 
GMan in Cally wrote:
Sorry, I can't wait that long, I'll come back and talk about it after the 4th game. Because I saw nothing in the first game that makes G.B. a threat to the Vikings. No, Chicago's D is not nearly as good as Minnesota's. And the Bears nearly shut you down. WE'll stop your run, then pick your passing game apart. 3-4 def is a poor plan when facing Adrian Peterson. I'm just sayin...
Yeah, the Pack's O line was damn porous Sunday night and Rodgers spent a lot of time on his ass. Combine that with the dropped passes that should have been caught and it was ugly. On the bright side, it can't get much worse! Their D looked pretty good though and handled the run better than they have in the past AP is a beast and the Packers will have their work cut out for them.

It was hysterical how badly it seemed like Cutler wanted to throw interceptions! After 2 tries to Williams he decided to throw it to a guy that could catch. I have friends that are Bears fans and I felt sorry for them for the first time! It will definitely be interesting to watch the season unfold! Go Packers!
Pack Fan MN

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I wont feel sorry for the Vikings fans if Favre throws 3 or 4 picks to the Packers.

Although the Vikings played great in the second half against a really bad team....they looked awful the first half...

I wouldnt go bragging up the Vikings D just yet or about them beating good opponents.

They way I see it, after one game, the Vikings and Packers should compete for the Division. I think the Bears will have problems (Urlacher injury, no receivers of note) and the Lions...well are the Lions.
Danger D

Ipswich, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 16, 2009
 
None of us looked like Superbowl contenders last weekend. I hope that changes Sunday, for the Pack at least.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 16, 2009
 
Danger D wrote:
None of us looked like Superbowl contenders last weekend. I hope that changes Sunday, for the Pack at least.
The Pack need to shore-up the O Line and teach Barbre how to play his position with consistency

“Vikings West Coast Rep!”

Since: Mar 07

Ridgecrest, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 17, 2009
 
Jared Allen us coming.. 10 preseason games and then the Steelers. Finally, then the Vikings will have a true test. Packed 3-4 defense? FAIL!
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 17, 2009
 
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>The Pack need to shore-up the O Line and teach Barbre how to play his position with consistency
It was his first career start.He got alot better as the game went on and played well the last quarter when it counted.so thats a good sign and if he plays better against Cinn then STL ect they will be fine.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 17, 2009
 
eric wrote:
<quoted text>It was his first career start.He got alot better as the game went on and played well the last quarter when it counted.so thats a good sign and if he plays better against Cinn then STL ect they will be fine.
Agreed.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 17, 2009
 
GMan in Cally wrote:
Jared Allen us coming.. 10 preseason games and then the Steelers. Finally, then the Vikings will have a true test. Packed 3-4 defense? FAIL!
Why do keep writing "10 preseason games and then the Steelers" over and over? Do you need someone to take notice of how clever you were? I did... good job! I bet your full of other clever sayings but this must be your favorite. Keep up the good work.
Danger D

Ipswich, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 17, 2009
 
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do keep writing "10 preseason games and then the Steelers" over and over? Do you need someone to take notice of how clever you were? I did... good job! I bet your full of other clever sayings but this must be your favorite. Keep up the good work.
Oh man, I just got that. I didn't know what he was talking about the first 34 times he posted it. But now ... Ha! Genius!
E B F

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 18, 2009
 
The Bears lost 37-3 at Lambeau in 08. Our defense was gutted and our offense was a joke. This year, in one of the biggest games of the week, we lost a hard hitting smashfest 21-15. Once again the Chicago defense was forced to play shut out football while overcoming four turnovers and a failed fake punt attempt. Plus they scored on a safety. If we can find a way to give Cutler time to throw and establish the running game, we will beat the Steelers and win our share of games this season.
Get healthy Ur-Lord.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Patrick Mannelly Discussions

Search the Patrick Mannelly Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Cutler likely out 6-8 weeks with broken thumb (Nov '11) Nov '11 chicago fan 1
Chicago Bears: 7 Most Unheralded Players on the... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Go Blue 3
Chicago Bears Insider: Just How Long Does Brian... (Jun '11) Jun '11 the big G 3
Grading the Chicago BearsSpecial Teams (Mar '11) Mar '11 flaca 1
Lovie sees team of leaders even as Bears lack u... (Jan '10) Jan '10 E B F 1
NFC North: How will Bears move on? (Sep '09) Sep '09 GMan in Cally 1
Bears WRs growing with Cutler (Aug '09) Aug '09 Audrey 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••