Brady, Pats Remain Perfect

Brady, Pats Remain Perfect

There are 223 comments on the The Associated Press story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Brady, Pats Remain Perfect . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Now the Dallas Cowboys know they're good enough to hang with the big boys in the AFC _ just not yet ready to beat them.

Especially not when Tom Brady plays like this.

Brady threw a career-high five touchdown passes, with Donte Stallworth taking the final one 69 yards to break open a tight game early in the fourth quarter, as the New England Patriots won 48-27 on Sunday in a rare battle of teams with 5-0 records.

'We wanted to be one of the elite teams,' Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. 'Obviously we're not.' Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

18andDONEwithout CHEATING

Utica, KY

#21 Jul 31, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. It only translates to the Pats having the same record going into the 2008-09 season as the other 31 teams in the league:
0-0...
Their defense is a year older, and the offensive line is the same one that left Brady with NFC East cleat marks on his chest in February.
"Humble pie", indeed.
The only thing they are chewing on is the sour tasting muck of a Super Bowl letdown...The best thing they have going for them is that they play in a division that is otherwise one of the worst in football, and there is probably not a team in the AFC East that can challenge them.
Their time is over...The Lombardi trophy will remain in the NFC East after the 2008-09 season. Only this time, it will be the sixth addition to the Dallas Cowboys collection, and a fitting sendoff for Texas Stadium as the home of "America's Team".
Dallas 38, San Diego 17. Chew on that and try to spit it out...
OK, I agree with you about the Pats, but I honestly think this season it could be an AFC team OTHER THEN THE PATS who wins the super bowl. And although I would be for Dallas over SD, I highly doubt Big D could handle the Chargers Defense. I also would not count out the Colts, maybe Steelers (yeah, I know, I don't really like them either), Jacksonville, or the Browns either. And I also wouldn't rule out the AFC East getting better next season. You know Chad Pennington of the Jets did tear two ligaments in his ankle against the Pats in the Jets season opener and the Bills were suvearly hurt by injuries last season and still almost made the playoffs. And don't forget that everyone in that div. other then the Pats has gone out an spent a ton of money in the free agent market.
skidrow wilson

United States

#22 Jul 31, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>...The best thing they have going for them is there is probably not a team in the AFC East that can challenge them. "America's Team".
amen bruthah ain't that the truth...look out NFL the Patriots are back...
Facts vs Tards

Thompsons, TX

#23 Jul 31, 2008
skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
amen bruthah ain't that the truth...look out NFL the Patriots are back...
...to attempt another perfect season and falling apart in the Super Bowl...
cowboyfansince75

Stafford, TX

#24 Jul 31, 2008
18andDONEwithoutCHEATING wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I agree with you about the Pats, but I honestly think this season it could be an AFC team OTHER THEN THE PATS who wins the super bowl. And although I would be for Dallas over SD, I highly doubt Big D could handle the Chargers Defense. I also would not count out the Colts, maybe Steelers (yeah, I know, I don't really like them either), Jacksonville, or the Browns either. And I also wouldn't rule out the AFC East getting better next season. You know Chad Pennington of the Jets did tear two ligaments in his ankle against the Pats in the Jets season opener and the Bills were suvearly hurt by injuries last season and still almost made the playoffs. And don't forget that everyone in that div. other then the Pats has gone out an spent a ton of money in the free agent market.
The Jets and Bills, IMO, are still a full season away from effectively challenging the Patriots in the AFC East. That is not to say that making the playoffs would be impossible, but I think Jacksonville, Cleveland, and possibly even Houston might have something to say about those wildcard spots.

As for the Chargers defense being too much for Dallas, I'd say the enhanced defense of the Cowboys would be equally challenging for the Chargers offense--particularly with the upgrades to the LB's and secondary on a defense that already ranked 9th last season. Add to that the fact that the Cowboys have the most dominant OL in the league, and an offense that scored 455 points last season in a division which sent three teams to the postseason, and just upgraded its backfield as well. Just for good measure, Dallas also addressed its weakest are last year--the return game, throwing Adam Jones and Felix Jones into the mix as PR and KR respectively.
With that said, I believe that San Diego and Dallas are the two most talented football teams in the league. While that does not make a SB showdown inevitable by any means, I think it is a solid preseason prediction (particularly prior to seeing who comes out of camp more or less unscathed by serious injuries).
Pats Fan 9799899

United States

#25 Jul 31, 2008
Facts vs Tards wrote:
<quoted text>
...the Super Bowl...
I agree the Patriots always seem to make it to the big dance...but you have to admit, it's a real shame the Patriots don't get a chance to embarrass the Plowboys more during the regular season due to scheduling...

Utica, KY

#26 Jul 31, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>The Jets and Bills, IMO, are still a full season away from effectively challenging the Patriots in the AFC East. That is not to say that making the playoffs would be impossible, but I think Jacksonville, Cleveland, and possibly even Houston might have something to say about those wildcard spots.
As for the Chargers defense being too much for Dallas, I'd say the enhanced defense of the Cowboys would be equally challenging for the Chargers offense--particularly with the upgrades to the LB's and secondary on a defense that already ranked 9th last season. Add to that the fact that the Cowboys have the most dominant OL in the league, and an offense that scored 455 points last season in a division which sent three teams to the postseason, and just upgraded its backfield as well. Just for good measure, Dallas also addressed its weakest are last year--the return game, throwing Adam Jones and Felix Jones into the mix as PR and KR respectively.
With that said, I believe that San Diego and Dallas are the two most talented football teams in the league. While that does not make a SB showdown inevitable by any means, I think it is a solid preseason prediction (particularly prior to seeing who comes out of camp more or less unscathed by serious injuries).
Well, first off I agree with you 100% about Houston if they can finally keep everyone healthy. I think they will be in the playoffs and they may win a game, but I don't think their quite ready to be a contender for the super bowl. As for the AFC East we obviously have different opinions on the Bills and Jets but can both agree that Miami sucks. And on my final note, I think you need to watch the NFL networks more and listen to Marshal Faulk about the AFC East, he makes some awful good points on why the Pats have a good shot at not winning their div. And since I hate the Chargers I can't help but agree with you on Dallas being able to beat them on any given Sunday.

PS.
If the Cowboys face the Colts in the super bowl (hey, you have to admit that's more likely then them facing the Pats), the Colts will smash them and have their revenge from when they played Dallas 2 years ago at Dallas in the regular season. And the Colts D will be Tony Romo's doomsday.

Go Colts.

Utica, KY

#27 Jul 31, 2008
Pats Fan 9799899 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree the Patriots always seem to make it to the big dance...but you have to admit, it's a real shame the Patriots don't get a chance to embarrass the Plowboys more during the regular season due to scheduling...
Don't go shittin your pants when the Pats and their old ass steroid addict defense, QB and Fat Bastard cheater coach get embarrassed by the Colts, Chargers, Steelers, Bills, and Jets next season because of a certain Giant super bowl loss last season.

Go Colts!!!!!!!!!!
skidrow wilson

United States

#28 Jul 31, 2008
<quoted text>

Go Clots!!!!!!!!!!
lol

Utica, KY

#29 Jul 31, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>The Jets and Bills, IMO, are still a full season away from effectively challenging the Patriots in the AFC East. That is not to say that making the playoffs would be impossible, but I think Jacksonville, Cleveland, and possibly even Houston might have something to say about those wildcard spots.
Hey yo Cowboys fansince1975 don't forget to vote and tell all the other Cowboys fans to vote:

http://www.topix.com/forum/nfl/new-england-pa...

PS.
Tell me how the Cowboys hardknocks training camp special on HBO is. Hell, I don't even like the Cowboys and I'd still watch that special just because it is so exclusive.
Pats Fan 9799899

United States

#30 Jul 31, 2008
skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
...agreed
Facts vs Tards

Thompsons, TX

#31 Jul 31, 2008
Pats Fan 9799899
Los Angeles, CA

skidrow wilson
Los Angeles, CA

Both from LA, both type the same type statements. A weak attempt at the same person logging on under false names creating a false fan base? Sadly it appears to be so….

...when you got shot through the stupid forest…you didn’t miss a tree did you…

...here's a guy who is clearly, "non compos mentis"…
cowboyfansince75

Stafford, TX

#32 Jul 31, 2008
<quoted text>
Well, first off I agree with you 100% about Houston if they can finally keep everyone healthy. I think they will be in the playoffs and they may win a game, but I don't think their quite ready to be a contender for the super bowl. As for the AFC East we obviously have different opinions on the Bills and Jets but can both agree that Miami sucks. And on my final note, I think you need to watch the NFL networks more and listen to Marshal Faulk about the AFC East, he makes some awful good points on why the Pats have a good shot at not winning their div. And since I hate the Chargers I can't help but agree with you on Dallas being able to beat them on any given Sunday.
PS.
If the Cowboys face the Colts in the super bowl (hey, you have to admit that's more likely then them facing the Pats), the Colts will smash them and have their revenge from when they played Dallas 2 years ago at Dallas in the regular season. And the Colts D will be Tony Romo's doomsday.
Go Colts.
My television is always on DirectTv 212 (NFLN), and my radio is on Sirius 124 (NFLR). Yes, Marshall has his opinions, but he has also picked the Cowboys to go to the SB the last three offseasons. It is only this offseason that most NFL pundits have agreed with him.
As for your Colts/Cowboys bit, Romo is 4-1 vs any QB named Manning...I know that means little to nothing...but I had to hit you over the head with that...
In all seriousness, I did pick the Colts to win the AFC South again, but I had a hard time in doing so. Jacksonville and Houston should split with them this season, and the only reason I don't have the Colts going 3-3 in their division is I think Tennessee will regress a bit, although they have a tendency to play Indy close.
I think Manning's late offseason knee issues will hamper his pocket mobility somewhat (although I have no doubt he will be healthy enough to play opening week), and Marvin Harrison will never be the player he once was. Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and Joseph Addai give Peyton enough weapons to squeak by in the South one last time, but I think the Colts are set to slide a bit.

As for their defense, let's be honest. There is only one player on that defensive squad who would even make the Cowboys roster---Bob Sanders.
Now I realize that the Cover Two is very different than the Wade Phillips 3-4 (our LB's are bigger than your DE's), but defense has never been the strength of that team. I don't think that Peyton can win a "shootout" with the high-powered Cowboys offense, given his historical struggles with the 3-4 defense. I seem to remember DeMarcus Ware leaving a virtual tatoo on Manning's back that day as he dislodged the ball from his grasp, and the LB's confusing Manning with their dropbacks into zone coverage to the point that Peyton threw the ball right into the hands of Kevin Burnett for a "pick six" (and that was against the much more conservative Parcells 3-4).
Like Terrence Newman said recently on Sirius NFL Radio, these Cowboys can put 5 CB's on the field at any given time in their nickel and dime packages, and the 4-2 alignment up front in that scheme leaves the OL to deal with Ellis, Ware, Ratliff, and Spears/Johnson, plus Zach Thomas and Kevin Burnett as the nickel backers. Now that's pass defense!
skidrow wilson

United States

#33 Jul 31, 2008
Facts vs Tards wrote:
Pats Fan 9799899
Facts vs Tards

Thompsons, TX

#34 Jul 31, 2008
Pats Fan 9799899
Los Angeles, CA

skidrow wilson
Los Angeles, CA

Both from LA, both type the same type statements. A weak attempt at the same person logging on under false names creating a false fan base? Sadly it appears to be so….

...when you got shot through the stupid forest…you didn’t miss a tree did you…

...here's a guy who is clearly, "non compos mentis"…
cowboyfansince75

Stafford, TX

#35 Jul 31, 2008
skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing the Patriots have done this past year is embarrass themselves...First, by getting caught cheating...Then, getting smacked around by the NYG...And to make matters worse, having two players arrested this offseason.
skidrow wilson

United States

#36 Jul 31, 2008
Facts vs Tards wrote:
Pats Fan 9799899
the Patriots are the greatest of all time...I agree with you there...and I agree the Patriots always seem to make it to the big dance...but you have to admit, it's a real shame the Patriots don't get a chance to embarrass the Plowboys more during the regular season due to scheduling...

Utica, KY

#37 Jul 31, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>The only thing the Patriots have done this past year is embarrass themselves...First, by getting caught cheating...Then, getting smacked around by the NYG...And to make matters worse, having two players arrested this offseason.
Finally someone who also addresses the Pats 4 arrest in 5 months. And you wanna know something I think next season the Pats could be the second team in NFL history to finish the season with 8 wins, 8 losses, and 8 arrest.

PS.
Tom Brady is a steroid addict just like the Pats old ass D.
Go Colts!!!!!!!11111
skidrow wilson

United States

#38 Jul 31, 2008
<quoted text>

Go Clots!!!!!!!11111
the Patriots are the greatest of all time...I agree with you there...and I agree the Patriots always seem to make it to the big dance...but you have to admit, it's a real shame the Patriots don't get a chance to embarrass the Clots more during the regular season due to scheduling...

Utica, KY

#39 Jul 31, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>My television is always on DirectTv 212 (NFLN), and my radio is on Sirius 124 (NFLR). Yes, Marshall has his opinions, but he has also picked the Cowboys to go to the SB the last three offseasons. It is only this offseason that most NFL pundits have agreed with him.
As for your Colts/Cowboys bit, Romo is 4-1 vs any QB named Manning...I know that means little to nothing...but I had to hit you over the head with that...
In all seriousness, I did pick the Colts to win the AFC South again, but I had a hard time in doing so. Jacksonville and Houston should split with them this season, and the only reason I don't have the Colts going 3-3 in their division is I think Tennessee will regress a bit, although they have a tendency to play Indy close.
I think Manning's late offseason knee issues will hamper his pocket mobility somewhat (although I have no doubt he will be healthy enough to play opening week), and Marvin Harrison will never be the player he once was. Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne, and Joseph Addai give Peyton enough weapons to squeak by in the South one last time, but I think the Colts are set to slide a bit.
As for their defense, let's be honest. There is only one player on that defensive squad who would even make the Cowboys roster---Bob Sanders.
Now I realize that the Cover Two is very different than the Wade Phillips 3-4 (our LB's are bigger than your DE's), but defense has never been the strength of that team. I don't think that Peyton can win a "shootout" with the high-powered Cowboys offense, given his historical struggles with the 3-4 defense. I seem to remember DeMarcus Ware leaving a virtual tatoo on Manning's back that day as he dislodged the ball from his grasp, and the LB's confusing Manning with their dropbacks into zone coverage to the point that Peyton threw the ball right into the hands of Kevin Burnett for a "pick six" (and that was against the much more conservative Parcells 3-4).
Like Terrence Newman said recently on Sirius NFL Radio, these Cowboys can put 5 CB's on the field at any given time in their nickel and dime packages, and the 4-2 alignment up front in that scheme leaves the OL to deal with Ellis, Ware, Ratliff, and Spears/Johnson, plus Zach Thomas and Kevin Burnett as the nickel backers. Now that's pass defense!
Well looks like your wrong again, Tony Romo has only played the Colts once. I watched Marvin Harrison last season in training camp and he looked like the best receiver out there. And on defense, I think Freeney and Mathis would defenitally be good enough for Dallas's Defense.
Next season I think the Colts will beat Tenn. both times and lose to Houston and Jacksonville when they play them the second time. I also think you are very underestimating the Colts defense since they all for the most part played hurt against San Diego in the playoffs. As for Peyton, I don't think his knee injury is going to hurt him as much as Tom Brady's ankle injury from last season since Peyton's was non football related. Now lets compare the Colts D with Dallas's D

Secondary-it's a close one, I'd take most of the Colts starters over Dallas (Terance Newman over Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden over Anthony Henry, Antwone Buthai over Ken Hamlin, and Bob Sanders over Roy Williams). But since Dallas did sign Adam Jones and get a steal in the draft with that kid from SO Florida. I'd have to say Dallas has a slight edge here (Matt Geordono over Dallas's back up safty, it may end up being a tie b/t Dante Hughes and Adam Jones (but as for now I'd take Jones over Hughes) and then I'd take Mike Jenkins over Tim Jennings and Michael Coe any day of the week).

Line Backers-I'd say Dallas has the slight edge (Demarcus Ware over any of the Colts LB's), but I would take Gary Brackett or Freddy Kiaho over Dallas's ILB's any day of the week.

D-Line-Gotta give it to Indy
Pats Fan 9799899

United States

#40 Jul 31, 2008
Pats Fan 9799899 wrote:
<quoted text>
...there is really no competition for this team in the league...agreed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Crayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Could Dallas Cowboys Trade, Release Patrick Cra... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Loko 1
News Cowboys send Crayton to SD, McQuistan to Miami (Sep '10) Sep '10 Tony Romo 2
News Cowboys throw, catch, block better than day before (Aug '10) Aug '10 sun city fan 7
News Cowboys take on Cowboys North Sunday in Hall of... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jojo 3
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dr Phil 5
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 proFootballTickets 1
News Cowboys' Bryant out 4-6 weeks with ankle sprain (Jul '10) Jul '10 Dez 7
More from around the web