Brady, Pats Remain Perfect

Oct 14, 2007 Full story: The Associated Press 223

Now the Dallas Cowboys know they're good enough to hang with the big boys in the AFC _ just not yet ready to beat them.

Especially not when Tom Brady plays like this.

Brady threw a career-high five touchdown passes, with Donte Stallworth taking the final one 69 yards to break open a tight game early in the fourth quarter, as the New England Patriots won 48-27 on Sunday in a rare battle of teams with 5-0 records.

'We wanted to be one of the elite teams,' Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said. 'Obviously we're not.' Read more

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Pats Fan Nick

Miami Beach, FL

#1 Oct 15, 2007
No the Dallas Cowboys do not know that they are good enough to hang in there THEY GOT BEAT BY 3 DAGON TOUCHDOWNS!

What a STUPID statement!!!!!!!!
Pats Fan Nick

Miami Beach, FL

#2 Oct 15, 2007
OUR TIME: come out come out wherever you are. Is a 3 touchdown margin what you call INFLATING the stats?????????
Pats Fan Nick

Miami Beach, FL

#3 Oct 16, 2007
What is wrong with you COLTS fans? It is not just this season that Brady is good he has 3 Supper Bowl Rings.

Please do not forget for each of those rings the Patriots had to go through the Colts where it QB could NOT win the big ones.

Please, no matter who your team is Colts or Pats this is fact!

Since: Sep 07

Vancouver, Canada

#4 Oct 16, 2007
Tom Brady to unleash his secret weapon against the Colts !!
Yes it's true and they are perfecting it every week.
Pats Fan Nick

Miami Beach, FL

#5 Oct 16, 2007
redzoneroy69 wrote:
Tom Brady to unleash his secret weapon against the Colts !!
Yes it's true and they are perfecting it every week.
Yes they are !!
schnitty

Plant City, FL

#6 Oct 16, 2007
the new dingaling patsies are CHEATERS and LIARS led by brady and belijerk!!! they admitted CHEATING to win games against the Jets! they cheated on most games too!

they would have lost all 3 SB's if they didn't CHEAT! they really suck!!!
PATS FAN NICK

AOL

#7 Oct 16, 2007
schnitty wrote:
the new dingaling patsies are CHEATERS and LIARS led by brady and belijerk!!! they admitted CHEATING to win games against the Jets! they cheated on most games too!
How old are you? You sound like Saturday Night Live skit -- I can just you stomping off like Shirley Temple with her thumb in her mouth. Your silly twittttttt ( this seams to be the mantra of the day for your so-called COLTS fans ).
GO PATS

Methuen, MA

#8 Oct 17, 2007
schnitty wrote:
awww, sounds like someone is a sore loser! are you gonna tell me that no other team in the NFL never did what the Pats did? the only reason we got caught was becuase the Jets had to blame their loss on something. You can't win 3 super bowls by video taping signs - it takes real talent to win 3 championships!!

Since: Feb 07

Dyer, IN

#9 Oct 18, 2007
GO PATS wrote:
<quoted text>
awww, sounds like someone is a sore loser! are you gonna tell me that no other team in the NFL never did what the Pats did? the only reason we got caught was becuase the Jets had to blame their loss on something. You can't win 3 super bowls by video taping signs - it takes real talent to win 3 championships!!
The Pats were caught cheating because their dumba$$ coach was too arrogant to hide his cheating any better. Let's not forget the same thing happend in Green Bay last year.

It does take talent to win 3 championships, but knowing the defensive calls and what play the defense will run helps tremendously. I will come out and say that the pats may have won one SB without cheating, but not 3. There is a reason the league destroyed the tapes-- they didn't want the media to see them. They are hoping this whole thing blows over because they do not know what action to take.

Finally, just because other teams might do it, doesn't make it right. The punishment should have been more harsh to help deter other teams from doing it.
beguiled

Amesbury, MA

#10 Oct 18, 2007
schnitty wrote:
God , what a sore loser.
beguiled

Amesbury, MA

#11 Oct 18, 2007
The Real Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pats were caught cheating because their dumba$$ coach was too arrogant to hide his cheating any better. Let's not forget the same thing happend in Green Bay last year.
It does take talent to win 3 championships, but knowing the defensive calls and what play the defense will run helps tremendously. I will come out and say that the pats may have won one SB without cheating, but not 3. There is a reason the league destroyed the tapes-- they didn't want the media to see them. They are hoping this whole thing blows over because they do not know what action to take.
Finally, just because other teams might do it, doesn't make it right. The punishment should have been more harsh to help deter other teams from doing it.
Pete are you going to be talking like this for the next ten years or every time the Pats win a game? Get over it, it's done.
Rob

Houston, TX

#12 Oct 18, 2007
Wow. Shnitty's either 7 years old or Corky from "Life Goes On" knows how to operate a computer. And more CAPS please...cuz, ya know, that really helps.
skidrow wilson

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Jul 30, 2008
Rob wrote:
Wow. Shnitty's either 7 years old or Corky from "Life Goes On" knows how to operate a computer. And more CAPS please...cuz, ya know, that really helps.
It's so funny to realize that the Patriots are still undefeated going into the the 08/09 season they just dont let up on the jealous detractors...so the first game of the season they are going for 20 regular season wins in a row 1 game shy of their own NFL record of 21 wins in a row...absolutely devastating...
cowboyfansince75

Montgomery, TX

#14 Jul 30, 2008
skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so funny to realize that the Patriots are still undefeated going into the the 08/09 season they just dont let up on the jealous detractors...so the first game of the season they are going for 20 regular season wins in a row 1 game shy of their own NFL record of 21 wins in a row...absolutely devastating...
That streak means what exactly, Skidmark?

Nothing at all. It turned out that last season, 14-6 was infinitely better than 18-1 or an undefeated regular season. Who needs jealous motives to see that? It is the Giants who are the envy of the rest of the league right now, including the vanquished NE Patriots.
If you think that Kraft, Belicheat, Brady, or anyone else who is associated with the Pats, wouldn't trade that undefeated regular season for the Giants 14-6 SB championship run, then you're delusional...

Get off the "undefeated regular season crap". It didn't get you what you wanted last season, and it won't get you that in 2008-09 either. Just like Dallas and Green Bay, you lost a close game to a team that outmuscled you when it counted the most. Just as Dallas outscoring them by a combined 21 points in the regular season didn't intimidate them in the playoffs, neither did NE's "undefeated" record going into the SB...

All your misguided arrogance last year did was make you look like an ass---week in and week out. In the end, it made a fool out of you. Wise up, Skidmark.
skidrow wilson

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jul 30, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>That streak means what exactly,
Well it means that once again they start another regular season 19 and 0 could be 27 and 0 by next season...basically it means that as usual they'll be chewing you up and spittin you out...
cowboyfansince75

Montgomery, TX

#16 Jul 30, 2008
skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it means that once again they start another regular season 19 and 0 could be 27 and 0 by next season...basically it means that as usual they'll be chewing you up and spittin you out...
Wrong. It only translates to the Pats having the same record going into the 2008-09 season as the other 31 teams in the league:

0-0...

Their defense is a year older, and the offensive line is the same one that left Brady with NFC East cleat marks on his chest in February.

"Humble pie", indeed.

The only thing they are chewing on is the sour tasting muck of a Super Bowl letdown...The best thing they have going for them is that they play in a division that is otherwise one of the worst in football, and there is probably not a team in the AFC East that can challenge them.

Their time is over...The Lombardi trophy will remain in the NFC East after the 2008-09 season. Only this time, it will be the sixth addition to the Dallas Cowboys collection, and a fitting sendoff for Texas Stadium as the home of "America's Team".

Dallas 38, San Diego 17. Chew on that and try to spit it out...
skidrow wilson

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Jul 30, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text "America's Team".
The Patriots certainly do qualify for that moniker as they clearly proven themselves the best the league has ever seen. Though I don't seriously think any of them care to take the name considering the lame-o org that used to carry it.
cowboyfansince75

Friendswood, TX

#18 Jul 31, 2008
skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Patriots certainly do qualify for that moniker as they clearly proven themselves the best the league has ever seen. Though I don't seriously think any of them care to take the name considering the lame-o org that used to carry it.
When the Patriots lead the league in merchandise sales, television ratings season after season, and surpass ANY of the top 3 grossing teams in the NFC East, then maybe there could be legitimate talk of dethroning the Cowboys as "America's Team".

But the truth is, the Cowboys could go 1-15 and still be nationally relevant. That is how deeply entrenched their nationwide fanbase is. Can the Patriots say that? Of course not. They are not "America's Team".
That bandwagon (following the Pats) will dissipate the minute they once again fail to make the playoffs. This will be the year they start to slide. They'll still win the division, since it is perpetually weak, but they'll exit early from the playoffs in the face of San Diego, Indy, or Pittsburgh. By next year, the magic will all be gone, Belicheat will move on, that defense will have to be completely rebuilt, and the Pats salary cap will be out of whack from plugging holes in that o-line. Enjoy your last hurrah...as eventually disappointing as will turn out.
18andDONEwithout CHEATING

Evansville, IN

#19 Jul 31, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>When the Patriots lead the league in merchandise sales, television ratings season after season, and surpass ANY of the top 3 grossing teams in the NFC East, then maybe there could be legitimate talk of dethroning the Cowboys as "America's Team".
But the truth is, the Cowboys could go 1-15 and still be nationally relevant. That is how deeply entrenched their nationwide fanbase is. Can the Patriots say that? Of course not. They are not "America's Team".
That bandwagon (following the Pats) will dissipate the minute they once again fail to make the playoffs. This will be the year they start to slide. They'll still win the division, since it is perpetually weak, but they'll exit early from the playoffs in the face of San Diego, Indy, or Pittsburgh. By next year, the magic will all be gone, Belicheat will move on, that defense will have to be completely rebuilt, and the Pats salary cap will be out of whack from plugging holes in that o-line. Enjoy your last hurrah...as eventually disappointing as will turn out.
The Colts can say that.

PS.
I bet if the Pats didn't make the playoffs which I think is going to happen next season cause of a certain Giant super bowl loss. They would be no different then the Indiana Pacers in popularity.

Now, I'll put in my 2 cents about the Cowboys who I do not like (But I hate the Chargers and Pats more then the Cowboys). I think they have a good shot at winning a playoff game and their div., cause if they don't you can kiss Wade Phillips and his fat tub of lard good bye. And as far as teams in the AFC go, I see Dallas and New Orleans as the 2 dominant teams. And I see STL dominating as a dark horse.
18andDONEwithout CHEATING

Evansville, IN

#20 Jul 31, 2008
skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is coming from a guy who is secretly a Raiders fan who won't come out of the closet and only likes the Pats cause they own the Chargers and didn't start paying any attention to the Pats till after they won their second super bowl!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Crayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Could Dallas Cowboys Trade, Release Patrick Cra... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Loko 1
Cowboys send Crayton to SD, McQuistan to Miami (Sep '10) Sep '10 Tony Romo 2
Cowboys throw, catch, block better than day before (Aug '10) Aug '10 sun city fan 7
Cowboys take on Cowboys North Sunday in Hall of... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jojo 3
Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dr Phil 5
Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 proFootballTickets 1
Cowboys' Bryant out 4-6 weeks with ankle sprain (Jul '10) Jul '10 Dez 7
More from around the web