Limping T.O. Will Be Game-Time Decision

Jan 7, 2008 Full story: The Associated Press 8

“If he were able to practice Wednesday or Thursday, Friday maybe, it'd clarify things a little easier”

Terrell Owens was still limping Monday on his sprained left ankle and his status for the Dallas Cowboys' playoff game next weekend was uncertain, though some teammates expect him to play.

'Absolutely, we're all counting on him playing,' Jason Witten said. 'He's a tough guy. Nobody wants it more than he wants it himself to get out there and play. He's a quick healer, and he looked good out there, I thought.'

Coach Wade Philllips said Owens was limited in a light workout Monday, the first for the top-seeded Cowboys (13-3) since learning they will play the New York Giants in the NFC divisional playoffs Sunday _ and the first for T.O. since he sustained a high ankle sprain Dec. 22 at Carolina. Read more

Full Story
Duke Cornwell

Beach Haven, NJ

#1 Jan 8, 2008
Looks like T. O. needs attention again.
Rachel

Athens, GA

#3 Jan 8, 2008
they need to give TO a break and get Marian Barber out there.
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#4 Jan 8, 2008
Rachel wrote:
they need to give TO a break and get Marian Barber out there.
They need T.O., the whole offense is built around him, if he's not on the field every other offensive players performance will suffer.
cowboysfansince7 5

Conroe, TX

#5 Jan 8, 2008
newanarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
They need T.O., the whole offense is built around him, if he's not on the field every other offensive players performance will suffer.
You have that right, my friend. I only hope that this is some gamesmanship on the part of Wade Phillips. Owens has been out of the protective boot for about a week and did some running yesterday. I would be shocked if he did not play. If he does not, however, we have seen that guys like Miles "grease-hands" Austin cannot pick up the slack, Hurd is okay but does not scare anyone, and the Giants will be free to stack the line and double Witten. Crayton is a decent number two, but that's it. A wildcard may be Glenn, but that makes me uncomfortable at this point. They will have to score at least 27 points to win this game, and it will be tough to do it without their factor guy. T.O. does not have to have 10 catches and 100 yards, nor does he have to have a TD, but he does have to be on the field. I can't believe I am saying this (or that you posted a comment without mentioning the officials), but Newanarchy, you are 100% correct. My wife and I will be at the game--I just hope we leave with a smile...
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#6 Jan 8, 2008
An insider here says he won't play but even if he's not 100 percent I wouldn't be shocked if they put him out as a decoy to attract attention anyway. As much as I hate to say it, you'll probably be leaving the game with a smile, I just don't have any faith in Eli, some people say he's turned the corner but that has been said about him before and I just don't buy it. You know who I'll be rooting for though, either way have a safe trip and make sure you set your Tivo in case I have any "whining" to do about the officials, no matter who wins I hope there are no questionable calls, I do love the fair game.
cowboyfansince75

Friendswood, TX

#7 Jan 9, 2008
newanarchy wrote:
An insider here says he won't play but even if he's not 100 percent I wouldn't be shocked if they put him out as a decoy to attract attention anyway. As much as I hate to say it, you'll probably be leaving the game with a smile, I just don't have any faith in Eli, some people say he's turned the corner but that has been said about him before and I just don't buy it. You know who I'll be rooting for though, either way have a safe trip and make sure you set your Tivo in case I have any "whining" to do about the officials, no matter who wins I hope there are no questionable calls, I do love the fair game.
Fair enough, and the TIVO is already set. We'll be taking my brother-in-law who lives in New York and is a Giants fan. There is a first time for everything!! I agree with you about Eli. He has played well for two games, though. But they will have no Shockey, maybe no Shaun O'Hara, and maybe no Sam Madison. They will still have the best pass rush in the league, though, and if we have no T.O., it will be close.
newanarchy

Mckinney, TX

#8 Jan 9, 2008
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>Fair enough, and the TIVO is already set. We'll be taking my brother-in-law who lives in New York and is a Giants fan. There is a first time for everything!! I agree with you about Eli. He has played well for two games, though. But they will have no Shockey, maybe no Shaun O'Hara, and maybe no Sam Madison. They will still have the best pass rush in the league, though, and if we have no T.O., it will be close.
Where's he from in N.Y.? My wife and her family are from the Schenectady area. Enjoy the game.
cowboyfansince75

Friendswood, TX

#9 Jan 10, 2008
He lives in Ozone Park, Queens. My youngest sister lives in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn (she transferred from CBS in Houston to NYC). Thank you, I will enjoy the game--although from the media coverage lately, it feels more like a funeral...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Crayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brady, Pats Remain Perfect (Oct '07) Jan '11 Belichick Domination 223
Could Dallas Cowboys Trade, Release Patrick Cra... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Loko 1
Cowboys send Crayton to SD, McQuistan to Miami (Sep '10) Sep '10 Tony Romo 2
Cowboys throw, catch, block better than day before (Aug '10) Aug '10 sun city fan 7
Cowboys take on Cowboys North Sunday in Hall of... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jojo 3
Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dr Phil 5
Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 proFootballTickets 1

Patrick Crayton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE