Cowboys seek rematch with Patriots

Cowboys seek rematch with Patriots

There are 400 comments on the WFAA-TV Dallas story from Oct 15, 2007, titled Cowboys seek rematch with Patriots. In it, WFAA-TV Dallas reports that:

The Dallas Cowboys want another shot at the New England Patriots. The day after the disappointing 48-27 loss to the Patriots, the Cowboys certainly did not sound like a team that took a hit in the confidence ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFAA-TV Dallas.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#1 Oct 15, 2007
Sure is quite out there Cowboy fans, is that the sound of crickets I hear?
Dallascody22

Easley, SC

#2 Oct 16, 2007
We will get our chance again. In the superbowl.
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#3 Oct 16, 2007
Dallascody22 wrote:
The Cowboys will see the Pats in the super bowl, FROM THEIR COUCH.
patsfan111111111

Summerfield, FL

#4 Oct 16, 2007
Dallascody22 wrote:
you may because of your weak division but just remember the pats will have had 12 games in that timeframe to get even better than they already are. they will have 11 people by that time who can catch a pass for a score and the 11th player wont have any previous tape to study because he is going to be a big surprise to everyone.
Big Ace

Dublin, GA

#5 Nov 1, 2007
newanarchy wrote:
Sure is quite out there Cowboy fans, is that the sound of crickets I hear?
it's your funky behind forting
Big Ace

Dublin, GA

#6 Nov 1, 2007
it's your funky behind forting.
cowboyfansince75

Stafford, TX

#7 Nov 1, 2007
patsfan111111111 wrote:
<quoted text>you may because of your weak division but just remember the pats will have had 12 games in that timeframe to get even better than they already are. they will have 11 people by that time who can catch a pass for a score and the 11th player wont have any previous tape to study because he is going to be a big surprise to everyone.
Weak division? Cowboys (6-1), Giants (6-2), Redskins (4-3), Eagles (3-4). What about your division? Patriots (7-0), obviously great. Dolphins (0-7)? Jets (1-6)? Bills (2-5)? That is a weak division! Why shouldn't they seek a rematch? Is it not the goal of every team to get to the Super Bowl and try to win? The Cowboys will also be a better team than the one who blew that 3rd quarter lead against the Pats. Tank Johnson, a healthy Anthony Henry, a healthy Lousaka Polite, Terry Glenn, Greg Ellis back full-time and at full strength, and Newman back to his regular playing side will make Dallas more formidable when the playoffs come around. Besides, let's wait and see how NE fares against the Steelers and Colts before annointing them AFC champs. I believe a certain defending Super Bowl champion is awaiting their arrival in Indy. I can see why the Pats are favored, but you have to beat the champ to be the champ, and even then, Pittsburgh may give them problems as well. I am pulling for a tighter race in the AFC, so that the Giants' game in week 17 vs the Pats might be meaningful, other than just to decide whether NE goes undefeated or not, or worse, only meaningful to NY.
skidrow wilson

United States

#8 Nov 1, 2007
"Cowboys seek rematch with Patriots" doesn't everybody? only losers want re-matches...
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#9 Nov 1, 2007
skidrow wilson wrote:
"Cowboys seek rematch with Patriots" doesn't everybody? only losers want re-matches...
Now you are just being ridiculous. 6-1 is the record of a loser? You need a math refresher. Why would someone in California be so ga-ga over an East Coast team anyway? Fair weather fan?
skidrow wilson

United States

#10 Nov 1, 2007
Cowboysfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are just being ridiculous. 6-1 is the record of a loser? You need a math refresher. Why would someone in California be so ga-ga over an East Coast team anyway? Fair weather fan?
Hey is that a "plow-boy" out there....wow...since 75...no kidding...wow...that's sumthin there...
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#11 Nov 2, 2007
skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey is that a "plow-boy" out there....wow...since 75...no kidding...wow...that's sumthin there...
Another unintelligent post from the Belicheat worshipper. What is the matter? Not enough teams in California?
Too Tall Bones

Tappahannock, VA

#12 Nov 2, 2007
Someday.. even the great Tom Brady will be brought to his knees..........and BEHEADED!!!LOL
patsfan1111111

Summerfield, FL

#13 Nov 2, 2007
cowboyfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>Weak division? Cowboys (6-1), Giants (6-2), Redskins (4-3), Eagles (3-4). What about your division? Patriots (7-0), obviously great. Dolphins (0-7)? Jets (1-6)? Bills (2-5)? That is a weak division! Why shouldn't they seek a rematch? Is it not the goal of every team to get to the Super Bowl and try to win? The Cowboys will also be a better team than the one who blew that 3rd quarter lead against the Pats. Tank Johnson, a healthy Anthony Henry, a healthy Lousaka Polite, Terry Glenn, Greg Ellis back full-time and at full strength, and Newman back to his regular playing side will make Dallas more formidable when the playoffs come around. Besides, let's wait and see how NE fares against the Steelers and Colts before annointing them AFC champs. I believe a certain defending Super Bowl champion is awaiting their arrival in Indy. I can see why the Pats are favored, but you have to beat the champ to be the champ, and even then, Pittsburgh may give them problems as well. I am pulling for a tighter race in the AFC, so that the Giants' game in week 17 vs the Pats might be meaningful, other than just to decide whether NE goes undefeated or not, or worse, only meaningful to NY.
i was talking about the NFC. i knew you were going to retaliate with that. your NFC east is way overrated as the pats will expose the rest of the year since we play everyone in your division. the skins and cowboys already got embarrassed by the pats and the eagles cant win when it really matters and the giants will do what they always do, start strong and fizzle out late in the year.
the patriots were better than you will be at the end of the season when they played you and you think the pats wont continue to get better. our coach rides our players worse in a win than your coach after a loss.
the colts are not the champs anymore. i cant stand when people say that. the day after the superbowl everyone's record went back to 0-0. new year, new players, new season. it doesnt matter what you did last year, it matters what you are doing right now.
stop whining about injuries because the pats have had key injuries all year and just plug another guy in the slot and he steps up. injuries only plague teams who dont recruit for depth. if you blame injuries its just another poor excuse for losing. you should train your third string tackle as hard as your starter. its not unheard of for two guys at the same position to go down in one game. the pats just have that and most teams dont.
pray for a rematch but if you think the pats are going to stay idle and not improve and your cowboys are going to fly right by them forget it. you dont want a rematch, especially in the playoffs. you guys let a regular season game affect how you play and then you want to rematch our seasoned playoff veterans in the superbowl where only what? three or four guys on your team have even been in? with a rookie quarterback who didnt do what he had to in a regular season game? get real.
and for the record you had the lead for 5 1/2 minutes. enough time for ONE DRIVE and didnt come close after that. and that is your claim to fame? get on the bus with the people who want us to hand the ball over on fourth down so the other team keeps their dignity and remember the game is 60 minutes, not until you get a lead.
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#14 Nov 3, 2007
patsfan1111111 wrote:
<quoted text>i was talking about the NFC. i knew you were going to retaliate with that. your NFC east is way overrated as the pats will expose the rest of the year since we play everyone in your division. the skins and cowboys already got embarrassed by the pats and the eagles cant win when it really matters and the giants will do what they always do, start strong and fizzle out late in the year.
the patriots were better than you will be at the end of the season when they played you and you think the pats wont continue to get better. our coach rides our players worse in a win than your coach after a loss.
the colts are not the champs anymore. i cant stand when people say that. the day after the superbowl everyone's record went back to 0-0. new year, new players, new season. it doesnt matter what you did last year, it matters what you are doing right now.
stop whining about injuries because the pats have had key injuries all year and just plug another guy in the slot and he steps up. injuries only plague teams who dont recruit for depth. if you blame injuries its just another poor excuse for losing. you should train your third string tackle as hard as your starter. its not unheard of for two guys at the same position to go down in one game. the pats just have that and most teams dont.
pray for a rematch but if you think the pats are going to stay idle and not improve and your cowboys are going to fly right by them forget it. you dont want a rematch, especially in the playoffs. you guys let a regular season game affect how you play and then you want to rematch our seasoned playoff veterans in the superbowl where only what? three or four guys on your team have even been in? with a rookie quarterback who didnt do what he had to in a regular season game? get real.
and for the record you had the lead for 5 1/2 minutes. enough time for ONE DRIVE and didnt come close after that. and that is your claim to fame? get on the bus with the people who want us to hand the ball over on fourth down so the other team keeps their dignity and remember the game is 60 minutes, not until you get a lead.
Then be more accurate. Then NFC is a CONFERENCE, NOT A DIVISION. Dallas proved that they were not ready or healthy enough at that point in the season to defeat NE. The Pats, right now, are the better team. However, the Super Bowl is not played in October, and Dallas proved that they, unlike any other team so far, could make NE work for it. Why shouldn't they hope for a rematch? Is it not the goal of every team to reach and try to win the Super Bowl? If not, why show up? And I never said the Pats should have eased up against Dallas. They did not, and no one should expect them to, take the 2nd ranked offense in the NFL so lightly with a mere 7 point lead at that point. Who is whining about injuries? That is part of the game. How do you confuse confidence with whining? It is not whining to point out that the Cowboys will line up with some even better personnel later in the season. It is cause for optimism, not whining. And for the record, the Colts are the defending champs, whether you like it or not. No one has yet beaten them since their hoisting of the trophy. They are just as undefeated as the Pats. With that said, the Pats are a dominant team, but I will say again, "you have to beat the champ to be a champ". As for the Cowboys, a 21 point loss in October to a non-conference opponent means little to the outcome of the season. The Colts were massacred in Jacksonville last year 44-17, and we all know how last season turned out...
skidrow wilson

United States

#15 Nov 3, 2007
skidrow wilson wrote:
Isn't it the truth...
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#16 Nov 3, 2007
skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it the truth...
I suppose then, that Muhammed Ali and Joe Frazier were both losers, considering that at one time they each called for a rematch?
skidrow wilson

United States

#17 Nov 3, 2007
...let me pacify the mental midget here for a second..."both" were losers "prior" to asking for their respective re-matches...did that hurt your brain...?
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#18 Nov 3, 2007
skidrow wilson wrote:
...let me pacify the mental midget here for a second..."both" were losers "prior" to asking for their respective re-matches...did that hurt your brain...?
Once again, a competitor would not be worth his salt if he did not wish to keep competing. Is that so hard to understand, or is the concept of "heart" simply alien to you in Southern California? If the Cowboys were to listen to your nonsense, I guess they shouldn't even bother to play the rest of the season because of an October loss? Or perhaps they should play hard until they get to the Super Bowl and, if their opponent is the Patriots, they should just not show up because they were defeated 3 and 1/2 mos. earlier? Get a grip. They get paid, too.
I suppose that we will have to disagree that the 2 best heavyweights of that era (the 70's) were ever something to be called "losers". What a joke!
skidrow wilson

United States

#19 Nov 3, 2007
Cowboysfansince75 wrote:
<quoted text>Once again, a competitor would not be worth his salt if he did not wish to keep competing. Is that so hard to understand, or is the concept of "heart" simply alien to you in Southern California? If the Cowboys were to listen to your nonsense, I guess they shouldn't even bother to play the rest of the season because of an October loss? Or perhaps they should play hard until they get to the Super Bowl and, if their opponent is the Patriots, they should just not show up because they were defeated 3 and 1/2 mos. earlier? Get a grip. They get paid, too.
I suppose that we will have to disagree that the 2 best heavyweights of that era (the 70's) were ever something to be called "losers". What a joke!
...why do you allow people to play you like a piano? Have some respect for yourself
Cowboysfansince7 5

Stafford, TX

#20 Nov 3, 2007
skidrow wilson wrote:
<quoted text>
...why do you allow people to play you like a piano? Have some respect for yourself
I enjoy debate, so do not worry for me. If I did not, or if I was a sensitive guy, I probably would not bother. I am unaffected, but respond because I often have down time during my long hours at work, and little better to do, having as much business success as I continue to enjoy...I am looking forward to Sunday, though, and thank God for Sunday Ticket, as here in Houston the local stations will be airing the Texans and Raiders (yikes!), instead of the much hyped "game of the week". Of course, the Sunday night game is my Cowboys at the Philly turds...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Patrick Crayton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brady, Pats Remain Perfect (Oct '07) Jan '11 Belichick Domination 223
News Could Dallas Cowboys Trade, Release Patrick Cra... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Loko 1
News Cowboys send Crayton to SD, McQuistan to Miami (Sep '10) Sep '10 Tony Romo 2
News Cowboys throw, catch, block better than day before (Aug '10) Aug '10 sun city fan 7
News Cowboys take on Cowboys North Sunday in Hall of... (Aug '10) Aug '10 Jojo 3
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 Dr Phil 5
News Cowboys to take on Cowboys North - the Bengals (Aug '10) Aug '10 proFootballTickets 1
More from around the web