National college insider

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

The first weekend with a wave of upsets. It was really not a good day for the traditional Florida powers.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Buckeye Jim

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

An undefeated Boise State shouldn't play in the national championship game. The voters won't let it happen unless everyone else has 2 losses. Let's hope that doesn't happen.
Reese

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

I think we will see several one loss teams, perhaps one undefeated team at the end of the season (I am hoping that there are no undefeated teams). I don't think Boise St will sneak into the NC game. The strengh of schedule the last three games of the year may inch the Buckeyes closer to playing for the NC. Do not doubt it, anything can happen. We just need Iowa, Penn St, Michigan, and of course our Buckeyes to keep winning!!!!
John Galt

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

I'd like to see Boise St. run the table during the rest of the regular season. Could they do any worse than the Buckeyes did against Florida in the national championship game a few years ago? Let's just see...
BUCKEYE-HATER

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

Its up to these voters to turn up the heat on the gator program and penalize them for who they play. While other programs go out an accept a challenge to play other bcs conf. the gators get a pat on the back and say your good w/out proving their ranking.Charleston s., troy, fiu, rebuilding Tenn team, kentucky and overated FLA ST. team and a division conf. that is above average. FLA gators with all the talent in the world that u have there is no excuse for u to schedule patsies. There is no excuse for u not to go out of your region notably your state and play a quality bcs opponent. If you say your #1 go out an prove it.
Daddypete

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

Two things: First, IF Penn St., Michigan and especially Iowa keep winning and OSU runs the table (huge IF) it surely will make for an exciting Rose Bowl game b/c it will mean that OSU has improved immensly. That is assuming of course that they don't make the NC game and frankly, maybe they would feel less pressure if they were not playing the next week. Second...No mention of Tony Pike in the Heisman watch. They have beaten solid if not tremendous teams in 3 of their 4 games and overall his numbers are better than either Mccoy or Tebow. They have their biggest games ahead of them and if he continues to put up big numbers (and, of course, wins) I believe he should be given legitimate consideration. That kid can play!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pat Angerer Discussions

Search the Pat Angerer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kubiak collapses, Colts rally to beat... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Laughing Bear Fan 5
Broncos vs. Colts: Full Roster Report Card Grad... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Nakya Stanley 1
Is Brian Urlacher worth Colts' consideration? D... (Mar '13) Mar '13 unknown 2
Monday Night Football Picks: Indianapolis Colts... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Postfarts 2
The replacements: Francisco, Angerer latest in ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 SJ Bobkins 1
2010 NFL Draft: Miami Trades Up to No. 119 for ... (Apr '10) Apr '10 Dolpharts 3
Iowa football: Spievey shores up his academic w... (Dec '09) Dec '09 BRAD31775 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••