Michael Vick indicted on dogfighting charges

Full story: Newsday 163
Michael Vick, once considered a superstar in the making and a fresh face for the NFL in the 21st century, now is a defendant in a federal criminal indictment related to alleged dogfighting on his property in ... Full Story
First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Madeline Flores

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jul 28, 2007
I think Michael Vick is a disgrace to all human beings. He should be made an example of by punishing him with fines and jail time as well as throwing him off the team. This way other cruel "young"people will think twice before deciding this is a quick way to make money. We must protect these innocent animals from predators like Michael Vick and others like him who don't deserve a place among civilized people.
Madeline Flores

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jul 28, 2007
Michael Vicks is a disgrace to society and should be thrown off the team as well as jailed and fined for contributing to such a cruel and violent sport....
Bill Jennings

Columbus, OH

#4 Aug 7, 2007
Michael Vick is the worst kind of human being! He should not be jailed or fined but taken out and beaten to death in the same manner he and others did to the innocent animals he has tourched!
Michael Vick

Orange, CA

#5 Aug 7, 2007
I AGREE WIT EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM.
MICHAEL VICK IS THE LOWEST TYPE OF CREATURE KNOWN TO MAN!!!
WHAT HE DUN DID TO THOSE DOGS IS...IS...
A VERY BAD THING.
SHAME ON YOU M.V.
Fido

New York, NY

#6 Aug 7, 2007
A proper and fitting punishment would be for Michael to do community service at a dog shelter and learn compassion for these animals and life in general. Vick is not a lost cause.

I think denying him a right to earn a living is nonsense.
BIGD

United States

#7 Aug 7, 2007
Who needs the NFL anyway? If it stopped tomorrow who is going to loose their job, car, house, etc.? We need more Black doctors, teachers, engineers, nurses, etc. Right now in 30 of our largest cities and metro areas less than 50% of young black will graduate high school. This is the lowest since the statistics began in 1940. When is the last time Vick took any of that money and enhanced the chances of out Black youth? Hell the $46,000 he had in that bag to bet on dogs would have put some smart but disadvantaged Black student through college. The multinational corporations along with the NFL and NBA have made "gods" out of in many cases nearly illiterate individuals for the sake of cashing in monetarily.

These people are about as far removed from the dreams and goals expressed by Dr. Martin Luther King as we are from the planet Pluto.
LTA

Stratford, CT

#8 Aug 7, 2007
I want the following Jurors:
Bob Barker
Betty White
The three top heads of the ASCPA
The 2 animal cops from Detroit.
Terri Irwin
Ceasar Milan
JOHN UPSTATE NY

Albany, NY

#10 Aug 20, 2007
VICK,PACMAN JONES, RON ARTEST,IVERSON
ARE ALL A BUNCH OF THUGS.WHY PEOPLE
WORSHIP THESE GUYS IS BEYOND BELIEF.
BIGD HAS IT RIGHT,LEARN YOUR WAY TO
SUCCESS.ALL OF THESE GUYS WILL PROBABLY WIND UP IN THE SAME CELL.
Karen

Metairie, LA

#11 Aug 20, 2007
Fido wrote:
A proper and fitting punishment would be for Michael to do community service at a dog shelter and learn compassion for these animals and life in general. Vick is not a lost cause.
He can earn a living. Plenty of ex convicts have jobs. Minimum wage maybe, but for many Americans that's a living.
earl

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Aug 20, 2007
michael vick should be forced to clean dog feces and crawl like a dog for a few years. he should be fed kibbles and bits and go to the bathroom by a tree.
Vick is sick

Middle Island, NY

#13 Aug 20, 2007
I didn't agree with jail time for betting on dogs or even organizing it but since it appears that he killed dogs, he should do at least a year in jail. That's how murderers get their start. See Jason Williams.

BTW, Has Jason Williams gone to jail YET for killing his limo driver?

Since: Jul 07

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

#14 Aug 20, 2007
Michael Vick wrote:
I AGREE WIT EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM.
MICHAEL VICK IS THE LOWEST TYPE OF CREATURE KNOWN TO MAN!!!
WHAT HE DUN DID TO THOSE DOGS IS...IS...
A VERY BAD THING.
SHAME ON YOU M.V.
Hi Michael,
Maybe now all the dog fighting kennels will slowly
disappear???? We can only hope.
jadr

United States

#15 Aug 20, 2007
I don't deny him a living, he can work at a 7-11 or hamburger joint! But he shouldn't be allowed to work among professional football players that know right from wrong. He deserves everything he is going to get and I hope that includes a life ban from the NFL. He knows he won't get anymore advertisement $$$$.
Fido wrote:
proper and fitting punishment would be for Michael to do community service at a dog shelter and learn compassion for these animals and life in general. Vick is not a lost cause.
Mr Upset

Tampa, FL

#16 Aug 20, 2007
Michael Vick is a piece of sht. He should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The Federal prosecutor should be fired for incompetence for offering a plea deal to this creep. I hope the NFL is listening, ban this cretan for life and revoke his pension. Another celebrity gets off easy. Enough is enough. Either the government starts bringing these miscreants to justice or the people will.
Get Real

Atlanta, GA

#18 Aug 20, 2007
Wake up, it's more to it. Don't be the first to throw stones, it may hit you.
The Desert Cat

New York, NY

#19 Aug 20, 2007
Let's face it - with gambling and animal cruelty, his NFL is all but over. The idea he did what he did to these dogs won't be forgotten by fans anytime soon. What time is going to want him with all the bad press? Maybe the Raiders?
Ken

Incline Village, NV

#20 Aug 20, 2007
Lock up the pig in a pit with some really mean dogs and let them at him. What a creep, him and his friends.
Ricky

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Aug 20, 2007
Michael Vick is a disgusting example of a human being. I think he should be thrown into a pit with a pit bull. Have them fight it out to the end. If Vick performs poorly, the dogs should decide what to do with him.
This jerk, Vick had so much and he threw his life away, not to mention the suffering he has caused so many animals. Now even the ones that have survived will be euthanized. AS#$^@!!!!
Kimberly

Charlotte, NC

#22 Aug 20, 2007
The only thing that this "creature" cares for is his football career. While I hope both the state and feds put him in jail for a long long time, I will loose all respect for the NFL if they don't do what they can and ban him for life from the football field. The NFL will loose a tremendous amount of support and respect if they don't get strict and quit allowing thugs and criminals to play football. They need to send an message that there is no tolerance to any kind of bad behavior but especially for someone like Vick who shows no moral standards or respect for life. It makes me sick to my stomach to think that there is even a chance that he can play football and be a "role model" for young kids while brutally torturing innocent animals for his own personal pleasure. To all NFL personnel and prosecuting attorneys, please make sure that he is brought down and taken off the field forever!
Denise

New York, NY

#23 Aug 20, 2007
What Vick did was disgusting - right up there with the burning of the pit bull.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pacman Jones Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play Ms.PacMan (Feb '12) Feb '12 LvGigs 1
Pacman in trouble yet again (Nov '10) Nov '10 nomercy 1
Agent: Lions have 'great interest' in Pacman Jones (Mar '10) Mar '10 college park 1
CFL Team Says It's Not Signing Pacman Jones (Sep '09) Feb '10 Bullfarts 7
Feds indict Vick (Jul '07) Sep '09 Doglover-7 46
'Makin' it rain' a questionable judgment for Young (Jul '09) Jul '09 truone 1
Prima Donna Alert? Titans Chris Johnson Announc... (Jul '09) Jul '09 truone 2
More from around the web