Esiason thinks Cowher could be entice...

Esiason thinks Cowher could be enticed by Jets

There are 37 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 29, 2008, titled Esiason thinks Cowher could be enticed by Jets. In it, Newsday reports that:

Boomer Esiason has worked alongside former Steelers coach Bill Cowher the last two years on the set of the CBS NFL pre-game show.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
chad for mvp

Medway, MA

#22 Dec 29, 2008
glad to hear boomer was not in support of removing chad. he is probably the only media member in ny that took that position. i'm still waiting for the accountability of those media members that ran chad out of here because of 'his weak arm'. what a joke. chad represents all that is good about football. the jets and the ny media should be ashamed of themselves. go chad! glad to see you with an organization that believes in you.
Not Surprised

Bloomfield, NJ

#23 Dec 30, 2008
iliketuna wrote:
cowher will never come to this perrenial losing franchise. he's too smart to accept this losing team. the J.E.T.S. can have the best players in the universe and they would still screw it up.cursed until they leave jersey.
Never say never. Cowher has worked in NY in his current spot. He has one daughter that lives in NYC, and another daugther that goes to Princeton. While the Jets need a QB, they do have a lot of talent. Throw enough money at him and enough pieces may be there to get him to go for it.
atilla

Montgomery, AL

#24 Dec 30, 2008
Why would anyone want Bill Cowher as the Jets coach? He was let go by the Steelers because he lost the respect of the players. He also sucks as an announcer/analyst.
Boomer Esiason

Medford, NY

#25 Dec 30, 2008
Any thing that gets Cowher off the CBS pregame, im all for !!
Great coach , horrible on TV !!
P.S
And please take Shannon Sharpe with u Bill ..
MR BOTTSWADDLE

Washington, DC

#26 Dec 30, 2008
Favre is shot. His arm gave out 11 games into the season.
Mangini had control of the team until the Bret arrived and changed the whole mindset and attitude of the Jets.

Steve Spagnoulo(Giants DC) will be hired as Head Coach.
Busey

Union City, NJ

#27 Dec 30, 2008
GET COWHER wrote:
<quoted text>
just a little angry that your team missed the playoffs w/an 11-5 record and choked/lost the SB last year to a NY team? and your QB situation is a mess and your coach is a cheat (a very effective cheat)?
typical boston/ma fan- can't enjoy whatever success your teams are having because you are so infatuated and jealous of the yanks and the giants
instead of trying to beat down long suffering jets fans, go kick someone else when they're down- like your manny-less won't win in another 80+ years red sox
I'm not Pat fan...actually I hate them.

But their QB situation is far from a mess. Cassell should have went to the Pro Bowl and he got better every week.

He was great.

I don't know what you're talking about.
Favre the Soap

Florham Park, NJ

#28 Dec 30, 2008
Go Jets wrote:
Haha Boomer has been completely WRONG with everything he said this year. Before the season, he said Favre couldn't learn the playbook in time and it would be a slow start. Then when they were on a roll and beat the Titans on the road he said the Jets wouldn't lose another game. Even this morning, on the radio, when his cohost bet him $100 he said they wouldn't fire Mangini. I'd sure like Cowher but Boomer saying it might happen means ZERO chance.
You are right about Boomer; he's just a windbag. And what does it say about Esiason's credibility doing a daily sports show with that dickweed Craig Carton.
U r not so smart

Bangkok, Thailand

#29 Dec 30, 2008
RonBorges wrote:
Why would Cowher want to coach in NY. The fans are dim-wits. Any team that would want Favre hasn't been watching NFL Football for the last 10 years. They cut Chad Pennington, a very effective QB that knew the system.
Jet fans and Tannebaum got caught up in Brett-mania. Jet fans annointed Mangini, Man-Genius just 2 years ago.
The problem is the Jets fans. They don't know what they want and they don't know a winner when they see one and they have no patience.
So, they are back where they always find themselves, doormats and also-rans
Just End the Season
Are you saying Jets fans are idiots?
Rapier

Munster, IN

#30 Dec 30, 2008
Hey, Trib, this is a Chicago Tribune form and your barking for the New York Jet. How about little posting space on the Chicago Bears season. Especially Lovie Smith's inspirational "we almost made it" and "a time to review" comments.

On second thought, just skip it. Lovie's dull, drab same-old-same-old coaching strategy and tactics are music to opposing team's ears.
scam25

United States

#31 Dec 30, 2008
why don't the jets hire Bill Cowher and sign Matt Cassel as the starting Qb for next year?
Busey

Melville, NY

#32 Dec 30, 2008
scam25 wrote:
why don't the jets hire Bill Cowher and sign Matt Cassel as the starting Qb for next year?
Pats will franchise him. With Brady looking like he may be out at least part of 2009, Cassel is going nowhere.
Bee Jay

Weirton, WV

#33 Dec 30, 2008
Young Dan Rooney should have paid the price to keep Coach Cowher. I wish Bill nothing but the best until he plays the Steelers. A 100 million for a quarterback and no money for a coach ! We all need change, but it hurts to loose a Pittsburgh guy. We miss you ,Bill.
Buffalo Bills Fan

Forest Hills, NY

#34 Dec 30, 2008
The Jets are cursed. Until they rturn to New York they will never do anything but disappoint their fans. Its amazing these fans keep coming back for more even though the Jets keep moving farther and farther away ( the recent move from Hofstra).

There is only one NFL franchise in New York!

Cower won't coach the Jets, that's a step down from where he is now. Coaching a disfuntional franchise that rents a stadium from the Giants?! He'll never do it, but say that he does, he'll regret taking the vast sum of money they will have to pay him.

Long live the curse!
Rich

Wayne, NJ

#35 Dec 30, 2008
I cannot agree more. Time to hire a winner like Cowher and say good bye to Brett. This is the only way to go to get this organization headed in the right direction. Draft a QB even if it means trading to get the #1 QB in the nation....I'd start there!
Rich

Wayne, NJ

#36 Dec 30, 2008
Buffalo Bills Fan wrote:
The Jets are cursed. Until they rturn to New York they will never do anything but disappoint their fans. Its amazing these fans keep coming back for more even though the Jets keep moving farther and farther away ( the recent move from Hofstra).
There is only one NFL franchise in New York!
Cower won't coach the Jets, that's a step down from where he is now. Coaching a disfuntional franchise that rents a stadium from the Giants?! He'll never do it, but say that he does, he'll regret taking the vast sum of money they will have to pay him.
Long live the curse!
First of all, yes, it's embarrassing to have both the Jets and Giants in NJ, but, the Jets and Giants will both equally own the new stadium....I just wish the westside project went through...would'a made Woody Johnson a happy owner...but because of NY Politics, the Jets and their fans lost out again to NJ! Thank you sheldon Silver.
Favre the Soap

Florham Park, NJ

#37 Dec 30, 2008
Rich wrote:
I cannot agree more. Time to hire a winner like Cowher and say good bye to Brett. This is the only way to go to get this organization headed in the right direction. Draft a QB even if it means trading to get the #1 QB in the nation....I'd start there!
There is no way Bill Cowher would put up with Brett Favre's lousy play and constant drama.
Buffalo Bills Fan

Forest Hills, NY

#38 Dec 30, 2008
Rich wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, yes, it's embarrassing to have both the Jets and Giants in NJ, but, the Jets and Giants will both equally own the new stadium....I just wish the westside project went through...would'a made Woody Johnson a happy owner...but because of NY Politics, the Jets and their fans lost out again to NJ! Thank you sheldon Silver.
Rich, I'm glad you admit the embarassment of it, but you are still in denial. The Jets will be playing under the three NFL championship banners and one NFC championship banner that the Giants have won since the 1980's. You know and I know that it is Giant stadium until the Jets do something to make it otherwise. Also the Jets could have had a great stadium right next to Citifield if they wanted to but Johnson threw a hissy fit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Osi Umenyiora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atlanta Falcons ready to right the ship against... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Failcons Yawnfest 3
News Umenyiora Headed to Atlanta, Manuel Thinks He's... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Drugs Are Bad MmmKay 1
News Tom Coughlin signs books, hopes Giants and Vict... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Go Blue Forever 1
News New York Giants' rumors: Martellus Bennett to T... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Slam Caesar 1
News Keidel: Et Tu, Big Blue? Giants Need To Regroup... (Dec '12) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Giants end slide, rout Packers 38-10 (Nov '12) Nov '12 Overrated 5
News Giants' defensive line has a fun night with fiv... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Billy Ringo 1
More from around the web