Rod Woodson: Raiders Make Smart Move,...

Rod Woodson: Raiders Make Smart Move, Hire Woodson As Defensive Backs Coach

There are 8 comments on the Bleacher Report story from Feb 14, 2011, titled Rod Woodson: Raiders Make Smart Move, Hire Woodson As Defensive Backs Coach. In it, Bleacher Report reports that:

The Oakland Raiders always seen to make really strange coaching moves. After all, you have Lane Kiffin and Tom Cable and the tumultuous coaching stories there, among others.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bleacher Report.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Feb 14, 2011
This is a good move I beleive. This guy was one of my favorite players even when he wasn't a Raider.

Since: Jun 10

Martinez, CA

#2 Feb 14, 2011
I like the move also. The Raiders corners needed some true leadership, and now they have it. I expect our corners to do a better job at covering and intercepting in days to come. With Woodson, Bresnahan, and Mike Waufle, we will have a defense very reminiscent of the 2002 team. That's a very good thing. Now only if we could get our offense to be able to PASS the ball more efficiently...

Since: Jan 11

Longwood, FL

#3 Feb 15, 2011
Could this be a preview of our upcoming draft strategy?

Depending of pending FA's like Huff, the Raiders could go after a DB in the 2nd round.

I heard an interview with Nnamdi a while back and he said that as a rookie he talked to Woodson a lot and Woodson's work ethic helped him learn about what i took to be a pro. I like the guys the Raiders are bringing in.
RaiderFaith

Cary, NC

#4 Feb 15, 2011
Woodson is a good hire. He knows the postion better than most. Not sure if this helps Namdi's possible re-signing...or is a sign that they wanted Woodson to help a new draftee...or both.
Either way Woodson is a good hire.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#6 Feb 15, 2011
Corran Horn wrote:
Could this be a preview of our upcoming draft strategy?
Depending of pending FA's like Huff, the Raiders could go after a DB in the 2nd round.
I heard an interview with Nnamdi a while back and he said that as a rookie he talked to Woodson a lot and Woodson's work ethic helped him learn about what i took to be a pro. I like the guys the Raiders are bringing in.
If we bring Nnamdi back then we need to draft a guy with his playing ability. Reason being we need a balanced tandem and with Nnamdi on one side, it don't matter if it's Chris Johnson or stanford Routt on the other, they still get thrown at more and it wears them down. I noticed in games that Nnamdi didn't play in that often times each side was thrown at equally.

I think it is safe to let Huff walk in free agency and let Mitchell start at SS and move Branch to FS. I do like that Stevie Brown guy we drafted late last year too; I think he'll be a good nickel back.
Julian

Danville, CA

#7 Feb 16, 2011
They need more than Woodson as a coach.
Open the passing game, through the long ball.
Get smarter players.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#8 Feb 18, 2011
i like rod wooson a lot. he is a classy nfl h.o.f who knows how to keep his mouth shut and talks like an adult that he is. only i question his coaching. i think he would have made a better coach back then than today. he's been a sportscaster for a long time and it kind of takes the insider football out of you being behind the spotlight of television. im sure he has the mobility, enthusiasm, and possibly the ability of being a good (cb) coach because of course he was the great "rod woodson". but it's something we have to wait and see. he always wanted to do this and oakland gave him the oportunity. thats cool, after all, it's not like he's going for the main (D-coach) or the head coach!
good luck rod woodson. you are more than welcome with the RAIDERS and the fans =)
GO RAIDERS 2011!!!
tjames

United States

#9 Feb 18, 2011
i like this a lot he will help the corners make up all the bigs plays they gave up last year they will be able to shut more big name recivers down no i know this will be a lot easier with naamdi back with the silver and black but the expensive contract signing of seymore it'll be tough we should try going after cromarti that will be a big boost for our d backs. i hope we get a good wide out in the draft or out of free agents thats a big part we're stuggling on

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nnamdi Asomugha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Niners' Willis questionable against Texans (Oct '13) May '14 MichaelSam1987 2
News Kerry Washington and Nnamdi Asomugha keep baby'... (May '14) May '14 Reggie McWTF 3
News Should the Oakland Raiders bring back Nnamdi As... (Nov '13) Nov '13 The_Solution 11
News San Francisco 49ers get early pick-six against ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Belch 2
News 49ers Sign Nnamdi Asomugha, Illustrating Differ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 GBPmies 16
News Asomugha agrees to deal with NFC power (Apr '13) Apr '13 The_Solution 14
News What analysts are projecting for the Birds. (Apr '13) Apr '13 Vick Hater 9
More from around the web