Oakland Raiders Offseason Team Needs

There are 8 comments on the National Football Authority story from Jun 17, 2011, titled Oakland Raiders Offseason Team Needs. In it, National Football Authority reports that:

NFL/CFB Writer The Oakland Raiders laid down the foundation for its franchise's future with an 8-8 record in 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at National Football Authority.

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#1 Jun 18, 2011
This writer is dumber than osama and the laughing bear phag. Our needs are:
1. Lockout to end
2. Make sure Bush and Miller are Raiders for life
3. solidfy the OL; I would love Gallery to be back
4. figure out the secondary situation

Nnamdi is a need, he got that right.
We don't need another WR. Ours did just fine when they were thrown to. We are a running football team
We have 3 LBs that play the run well. Rolando McClain, Trevor Scott, and Kamerion WImbley all did well. Scott got hurt, but he did well before that. I think Scott is more cut out to play LB in the NFL rather than DE. Matt Shaughnessey is clearly the better DE of the 2...I like them both, but Scott needs to play LB.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#2 Jun 18, 2011
Haleys Commet wrote:
1. Lockout to end
We don't need another WR. Ours did just fine when they were thrown to. We are a running football team
We have 3 LBs that play the run well. Rolando McClain, Trevor Scott, and Kamerion WImbley all did well. Scott got hurt, but he did well before that. I think Scott is more cut out to play LB in the NFL rather than DE. Matt Shaughnessey is clearly the better DE of the 2...I like them both, but Scott needs to play LB.
(LOL)
i agree with you and T-RAIDER about robert gallery! he wasn't the best player of all times but he did help the line a lot when healthy! he does need to be back as a strong support. the way i look at it, it's our (O) that needs to be put together correctly. almost there, but losing gallery will just make it that much more difficult. we have the guys to do it, they just need a tad more experience! unless we pick up another great veteran available, then, we will be alright.
RAIDERS 2011!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Jun 18, 2011
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>(LOL)
i agree with you and T-RAIDER about robert gallery! he wasn't the best player of all times but he did help the line a lot when healthy! he does need to be back as a strong support. the way i look at it, it's our (O) that needs to be put together correctly. almost there, but losing gallery will just make it that much more difficult. we have the guys to do it, they just need a tad more experience! unless we pick up another great veteran available, then, we will be alright.
RAIDERS 2011!!!
Watchout Misterio...That came from Haley's Commet...Then again she's a Texas Raider too

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Some West Texas County

#4 Jun 18, 2011
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>(LOL)
RAIDERS 2011!!!
Actually I need to watchout...I didn't see the "You and" in there

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Some West Texas County

#5 Jun 18, 2011
Haleys Commet wrote:
1. Lockout to end
I think we've got the depth at safety so I think we'll be all right with or without Huff. Nnamdi is the biggest question. Great player, but is often shyed away from often overwhelming the other guy. If Bush and Miller become UFAs in the new CBA then that will make Al Davis have to clean out his pocket book. I myself would go after Gallery first to keep the OL solid. If Bush and Miller become UFAs then both of them along with Gallery become equal priority and we may just have to let Nnamdi go. I know Dallas has their eyes on Huff so that may make his price go up.

I'm really wondering if the new CBA will allow Al Davis to pay Gallery the money he's wanting along with being able to retain Bush and Miller or if Al Davis is even willing to pay Gallery the money he wants whether he'll be able to afford it or not. The real question is if no other team is willing to pay Gallery the money he wants does Gallery want to remain a Raider or move on?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#6 Jun 21, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we've got the depth at safety so I think we'll be all right with or without Huff. Nnamdi is the biggest question. Great player, but is often shyed away from often overwhelming the other guy. If Bush and Miller become UFAs in the new CBA then that will make Al Davis have to clean out his pocket book. I myself would go after Gallery first to keep the OL solid. If Bush and Miller become UFAs then both of them along with Gallery become equal priority and we may just have to let Nnamdi go. I know Dallas has their eyes on Huff so that may make his price go up.
I'm really wondering if the new CBA will allow Al Davis to pay Gallery the money he's wanting along with being able to retain Bush and Miller or if Al Davis is even willing to pay Gallery the money he wants whether he'll be able to afford it or not. The real question is if no other team is willing to pay Gallery the money he wants does Gallery want to remain a Raider or move on?
the only reason i think gallery may not be back is because he acted inmature about cable's firing! i understand his feelings but on a profesional level, it is what it is! yeah, you loved your coach but keep your job! gallery wanted out and he was granted his wish along with what might have become of his salary.
now the only reason i believe he may be back is, hue jackson! i believe jacko might convince al davis to give him another chance because he's better off here than being gone. like you said tex, it will solidify the offense! now it's just a matter of contract. i know they can afford him.
RAIDERS 2011!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#7 Jun 21, 2011
They need to hire a French consultant to teach them to surrender
raider32

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Jun 21, 2011
Haleys Commet wrote:
1. Lockout to end
first of all he was just saying that we need older reciever to help our younger ones learn routes...and yes we need nnamdi back...but gallery was always a bust...he could play his positiions like he was supposed to

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nnamdi Asomugha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Niners' Willis questionable against Texans (Oct '13) May '14 MichaelSam1987 2
News Kerry Washington and Nnamdi Asomugha keep baby'... (May '14) May '14 Reggie McWTF 3
News Should the Oakland Raiders bring back Nnamdi As... (Nov '13) Nov '13 The_Solution 11
News San Francisco 49ers get early pick-six against ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Belch 2
News 49ers Sign Nnamdi Asomugha, Illustrating Differ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 GBPmies 16
News Asomugha agrees to deal with NFC power (Apr '13) Apr '13 The_Solution 14
News What analysts are projecting for the Birds. (Apr '13) Apr '13 Vick Hater 9
More from around the web