Asomugha no longer under contract to Raiders

Jan 9, 2011 Full story: CBC 11

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, seen in 2009, would be coveted by several teams if the Oakland Raiders can't retain him.

Full Story
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#1 Jan 10, 2011
1st Cable, now this? HOWL
RaiderFaith

Cary, NC

#2 Jan 10, 2011
I like Aso but his contract is going to be absurd and he didn't have one int or sack this season in 14 games played. Understanedly some of that is they avoid him. but that doesn't account for no sacks. So I am torn. I like him...but is he worth it? so I guess what I am saying is yes if we sign him great...if not...we will survive.
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
1st Cable, now this? HOWL

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Jan 10, 2011
RaiderFaith wrote:
I like Aso but his contract is going to be absurd and he didn't have one int or sack this season in 14 games played. Understanedly some of that is they avoid him. but that doesn't account for no sacks. So I am torn. I like him...but is he worth it? so I guess what I am saying is yes if we sign him great...if not...we will survive. <quoted text>
I don't ever expect corners to get sacks, so I don't hold that against him. It is hard to get picks when opponents shy away from you. I got a feeling that Al Davis is attempting to go on a FA spending spree once there is a new collective bargaining agreement in place and right now he's trying to free up cap space to do so.
HeadCheese

Decatur, GA

#4 Jan 10, 2011
I'll take him on the Falcons.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#5 Jan 11, 2011
HeadCheese wrote:
I'll take him on the Falcons.
you and 31 other teams! i'd like to keep him as well but thats a lot of money not comming out of my pocket to try to keep him.
GO RAIDERS!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#6 Jan 11, 2011
RaiderFaith wrote:
I like Aso but his contract is going to be absurd and he didn't have one int or sack this season in 14 games played. Understanedly some of that is they avoid him. but that doesn't account for no sacks. So I am torn. I like him...but is he worth it? so I guess what I am saying is yes if we sign him great...if not...we will survive. <quoted text>
same! i think we just sqeezed every play that we could out of him. i guess we knew his contract would be too expensive to renew. there's always the draft. al davis loves (cb's)!
GO RAIDERS!!! with or without nnamdi!

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#8 Jan 12, 2011
do we have any rights to asomugha? can we trde him straight out with p manning? RAIDERS have the right to pay his new salary but do we have trading rights or anything like that? cause that would be nice to trade off with p manning not that we can afford his salary but shoot, i would even put almost all my change in there to get him. then again, thats what people are probably saying about asomugha!(LOL)
GO RAIDERS!!!

Some West Texas County

#9 Jan 12, 2011
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
do we have any rights to asomugha? can we trde him straight out with p manning? RAIDERS have the right to pay his new salary but do we have trading rights or anything like that? cause that would be nice to trade off with p manning not that we can afford his salary but shoot, i would even put almost all my change in there to get him. then again, thats what people are probably saying about asomugha!(LOL)
GO RAIDERS!!!
We have no rights to him since we voided his contract. However, we can re-sign him and then trade him.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#10 Jan 12, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
We have no rights to him since we voided his contract. However, we can re-sign him and then trade him.
well money talks and last time thats what kept him here. this time? i don't think so!
GO RAIDERS!!!
Freddy

Granger, IN

#11 Jan 12, 2011
I think it would have been easier to resign N.A. (and other free agents) if the coaching staff remained in tact. N.A. played meaningful games in December for the first time in his career. Anyone suggesting Ryan replacing Marshall will help resign N.A. is delusional.

Some West Texas County

#12 Jan 12, 2011
Freddy wrote:
I think it would have been easier to resign N.A.(and other free agents) if the coaching staff remained in tact. N.A. played meaningful games in December for the first time in his career. Anyone suggesting Ryan replacing Marshall will help resign N.A. is delusional.
Well said Freddy...What's bad is that half our starters are FAs and are very unlikely to re-sign with Cable gone now. I think if Hue Jackson gets the head gig, then some might re-sign. If you look at the list there's Nnamdi Asomugha, Zach Miller, Michael Bush, Richard Seymour, Stanford Routt, Kameron Wimbley, Robert Gallery, Cooper Carlisle, Langston Walker, Samson Satelle, and Michael Huff and that's just the starters. Backups include John Henderson, Khalif Barnes, and former starter Tom Howard...Oh and QBs Bruce Gradkowski and Kyle Boller. I know there are some players that Al Davis won't let get away, but I think the new collective bargaining agreement will have the final say on that. I honestly anticipate a lockout after the superbowl so it may be a long time before we ever know anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nnamdi Asomugha Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Niners' Willis questionable against Texans (Oct '13) May '14 MichaelSam1987 2
Kerry Washington and Nnamdi Asomugha keep baby'... (May '14) May '14 Reggie McWTF 3
Should the Oakland Raiders bring back Nnamdi As... (Nov '13) Nov '13 The_Solution 11
San Francisco 49ers get early pick-six against ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Belch 2
49ers Sign Nnamdi Asomugha, Illustrating Differ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 GBPmies 16
Asomugha agrees to deal with NFC power (Apr '13) Apr '13 The_Solution 14
What analysts are projecting for the Birds. (Apr '13) Apr '13 Vick Hater 9
More from around the web