Obama to Nnamdi: 'Tell Vick to slide'

Jul 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Philly.com

President Obama apparently feels the same way many Eagles fans feel when they see Michael Vick scrambling down field without a fear in the world.

Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Jul 29, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Be Kind to Animals”

Since: Nov 07

Nelson, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Just one more reason I will not be voting for Obama this year. He spoke out for Michael Vick from the start. Even if he runs a dogfighting ring in the basement of the White House to publicly support any person who has committed a crime is just plain WRONG for the US President to do. I don't like Obama's methods of running this country but on top of that, I think he must be an idiot.
Vick Hater

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

You sound like a very intelligent lady..Shouldn't the president have much more important things to worry about than Vick sliding?
I also remember him speaking on Vick's behalf when Philly signed him saying how wonderful it was that Philly would give him a chance..Playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right..Vick along with several other criminals should not be allowed back in pro sports..just my opinion!

“Be Kind to Animals”

Nelson, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Vick Hater wrote:
You sound like a very intelligent lady..Shouldn't the president have much more important things to worry about than Vick sliding?
I also remember him speaking on Vick's behalf when Philly signed him saying how wonderful it was that Philly would give him a chance..Playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right..Vick along with several other criminals should not be allowed back in pro sports..just my opinion!
I agree. I just think its a rotten thing for the President of the USA, even Barbara Ciara a local newswoman, some comics like Steve Harvey, to make any attempt to sway public opinion by announcing THEIR support of someone like Vick and, in Barbara Ciara's case, to tell people it's "time to move on". Most intelligent high-profile people will not voice their opinions one way or the other. But, when President Obama did it, I thought, "how can he be that stupid?" I dont' care if he is a closet homosexual and secretly in love with Vick, as the President, he should remain non-committal to something as controversial as this. Just wish I had somebody beside Romney to vote for. Maybe I'll write in USA Rocks.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Barbara Hathaway wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I just think its a rotten thing for the President of the USA, even Barbara Ciara a local newswoman, some comics like Steve Harvey, to make any attempt to sway public opinion by announcing THEIR support of someone like Vick and, in Barbara Ciara's case, to tell people it's "time to move on". Most intelligent high-profile people will not voice their opinions one way or the other. But, when President Obama did it, I thought, "how can he be that stupid?" I dont' care if he is a closet homosexual and secretly in love with Vick, as the President, he should remain non-committal to something as controversial as this. Just wish I had somebody beside Romney to vote for. Maybe I'll write in USA Rocks.
The world as you and a few others see it is not REAL Barb. The President and most people forgive someone especially when that person was charged, convicted, sentenced, incarcerated, finished the time that a court of law made him do and went on with his life. You are still stuck in the world as it was three years ago, move on and stop letting Mike's life dictate your own.

“Be Kind to Animals”

Nelson, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>The world as you and a few others see it is not REAL Barb. The President and most people forgive someone especially when that person was charged, convicted, sentenced, incarcerated, finished the time that a court of law made him do and went on with his life. You are still stuck in the world as it was three years ago, move on and stop letting Mike's life dictate your own.
I'm well aware of the REAL world. Unfortunately, I, like many others, have way too much experience with it to be ignorant of the evil and corruption that surrounds us. I don't have a President or any other high-profile individual "forgiving" a convicted felon even when they commit heinous crimes. After all, governors grant pardons to criminals all the time. However, most of them do not publicly support those criminals as to do so would be political suicide. That's why I think it's wrong for ANY person of power and persuasion to voice support of an individual such as Michael Vick unless they grant that same support to ALL individuals who committed like crimes. In the REAL world, we know there are are two reasons why Vick has gained support from the President, Barbara Ciara, Steve Harvey, Chris Rock, Carlos Mencia, and a few other BLACK or LATINO individuals, and that is 1) Vick is black, 2)he is a well-known, wealthy NFL player. In THEIR world, what Vick did is just a little out of the norm.....but that is NOT the REAL world. I don't care if they "forgive" him, they just need to keep their mouths shut about it, or publicly support all other felons who have committed those crimes who served their time as well.
I'm not stuck anywhere, especially here....I have a nice, active life taking care of my home, by myself I might add, visiting kids, grandkids, friends and other relatives all over the US, volunteering for a wildlife group, help out at horse shows and many other things. Being on this forum voicing my opinion is just something I do when I get a break. But, I do not plan to forget, or shut up about what Michael Vick did until there are definite changes in the laws surrounding dogfighting and animal abuse. Those changes are being made tougher all the time and I'll continue to use Michael Vick as my way of getting my voice out. At least he's good for something.
Rescue 4

Huntingdon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Barbara Hathaway wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm well aware of the REAL world. Unfortunately, I, like many others, have way too much experience with it to be ignorant of the evil and corruption that surrounds us. I don't have a President or any other high-profile individual "forgiving" a convicted felon even when they commit heinous crimes. After all, governors grant pardons to criminals all the time. However, most of them do not publicly support those criminals as to do so would be political suicide. That's why I think it's wrong for ANY person of power and persuasion to voice support of an individual such as Michael Vick unless they grant that same support to ALL individuals who committed like crimes. In the REAL world, we know there are are two reasons why Vick has gained support from the President, Barbara Ciara, Steve Harvey, Chris Rock, Carlos Mencia, and a few other BLACK or LATINO individuals, and that is 1) Vick is black, 2)he is a well-known, wealthy NFL player. In THEIR world, what Vick did is just a little out of the norm.....but that is NOT the REAL world. I don't care if they "forgive" him, they just need to keep their mouths shut about it, or publicly support all other felons who have committed those crimes who served their time as well.
I'm not stuck anywhere, especially here....I have a nice, active life taking care of my home, by myself I might add, visiting kids, grandkids, friends and other relatives all over the US, volunteering for a wildlife group, help out at horse shows and many other things. Being on this forum voicing my opinion is just something I do when I get a break. But, I do not plan to forget, or shut up about what Michael Vick did until there are definite changes in the laws surrounding dogfighting and animal abuse. Those changes are being made tougher all the time and I'll continue to use Michael Vick as my way of getting my voice out. At least he's good for something.
How VERY well said.
hatchet

Monroe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Rescue 4 wrote:
<quoted text> How VERY well said.
You would be right if what Barb says is the actual truth, which it isn't and I'm not talking about what she does in her personal life, that's her buisness.

“Be Kind to Animals”

Nelson, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>You would be right if what Barb says is the actual truth, which it isn't and I'm not talking about what she does in her personal life, that's her buisness.
Why don't you point out my "untruths" and explain what evidence you have to show that I'm wrong. I'm wide open if presented with facts to support the truth. I can back up what I said. Can you?
Vick Hater

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Based on Vicks past..not only the dog fighting and torturing that he did..he has done other things and lied, drugs, guns, etc..etc....so for me..I wouldn't trust Vick as far as I could throw him..he has a LOT to prove before I could trust even one word out of his evil mouth..but of course..just my opinion!
I do not see any sincerity in him at all!
hatchet

Monroe, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

Judged:

Barbara Hathaway wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you point out my "untruths" and explain what evidence you have to show that I'm wrong. I'm wide open if presented with facts to support the truth. I can back up what I said. Can you?
Nobody even the people you named should keep their mouths shut about their support of Mike. All the while you and the rest of the haters don't shut your mouths about the man. If anyone should shut up about another person it is you Barb. This is just another thing you have been wrong about since Mike was charged with the crime. You remember, "he will never be reinstated into the league", or; "just because he got reinstated no team will sign him", or; "well the Eagles will never sign him to a big contract, probably one year for the league minimum", or; "well he will only start a few games and get benched cause he aint got the talent he used to have", and on and on and on. All of this over the years and to no avail. Sure has been a successful campaign you have led against Mike, huh?

“Be Kind to Animals”

Nelson, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody even the people you named should keep their mouths shut about their support of Mike. All the while you and the rest of the haters don't shut your mouths about the man. If anyone should shut up about another person it is you Barb. This is just another thing you have been wrong about since Mike was charged with the crime. You remember, "he will never be reinstated into the league", or; "just because he got reinstated no team will sign him", or; "well the Eagles will never sign him to a big contract, probably one year for the league minimum", or; "well he will only start a few games and get benched cause he aint got the talent he used to have", and on and on and on. All of this over the years and to no avail. Sure has been a successful campaign you have led against Mike, huh?
You apparently have me confused with some of the other posters on this forum. As a matter of fact, I began to believe Michael Vick would go back into the NFL, make his millions again and I believed this even though the majority of "haters" believed the opposite. I never started any of the petitions against this happening, and frankly, did not believe those petitions would even be effective which proved to be the case. I didn't lead this "campaign" against Michael Vick but simply joined in the discussion which started long before I began voicing my own opinions on the matter. You still haven't provided any evidence to support your accusation that things I've said are untrue. You said it, now back it up.
hmmmmm

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

well, the Pres shouldn't ride with the family dog on the roof of the car either(Seamus was never seen again). Not condoning either party btw
Vick Hater

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

hmmmmm wrote:
well, the Pres shouldn't ride with the family dog on the roof of the car either(Seamus was never seen again). Not condoning either party btw
I don't want to speak for Barbara, but I believe the point here is "What the hell is Obama even commenting about Vick sliding" He has much more important issues to discuss, and he has shown interest publicly in the past about how wonderful it was that Philly gave him a contract..

“Be Kind to Animals”

Nelson, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

hmmmmm wrote:
The President didn't ride with the family dog on the roof of his car. That was GOVERNOR Romney. I see how you form YOUR opinions....based on vague evidence from something you heard about. Just because YOU never saw the dog again means it was harmed (which it wasn't). It may have been an idiotic thing to do but haven't you ever driven down the road and saw folks driving by with a dog IN the car with it's head stuck out the window enjoying itself immensely having the wind blowing in it's face? That's really not too smart either but that's what happens when people don't THINK about what could happen. Similar to what YOU do when you throw out a comment like that without being familiar with what you're talking about.

“Be Kind to Animals”

Nelson, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Vick Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to speak for Barbara, but I believe the point here is "What the hell is Obama even commenting about Vick sliding" He has much more important issues to discuss, and he has shown interest publicly in the past about how wonderful it was that Philly gave him a contract..
Thanks. You're right. I also believe that people in power, especially the President should remain publicly neutral in these high profile cases. To my way of looking at it, if the President publicly supports Michael Vick, a convicted felon who committed horrible deeds against animals, then he should do the same for ALL convicted felons who have served their time. Discrimination is ugly especially when it comes from our President.
hmmmmm

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

hmmmmm wrote:
Excuse the f*ck out of me, it was early. I MEANT Mitt. Mitt has also been known for cruelty to his race horses and supports animal testing. and yes Obama does have more important things to think about. I will not vote for EITHER party. This year I just won't bother. I voted for Obama last time to defeat Palin. It was a 13 hour trip Seamus did not make it home. So it does appear some rough treatment kept Seamus from living a long life. BTW I don't support Vick at all so why are the animal lovers attacking me???because I'm not voting for Mittipoo?oh puleaze
hmmmmm

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

I guess that shyt running down the window while riding on the roof at 60 MPH was from so much fun right?and 13 hours of it.
Mitt is mean, Barb Vick is mean too. And Obama just doesn't care who is mean
hmmmmm

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Vick Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
We can agree on this
hmmmmm

Mckenzie, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

BTW the dog DID Live to a ripe old age but only because they gave the dog to Mittpoo's sister as it kept ending up at the pound under Mitt's care. LUCKY for Seamus if elected he would be the first Pres I would be AGAINST having a white house pet. I wasn't crazy about the Obama's having a dog since they admitted to never having one

“Be Kind to Animals”

Nelson, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

hmmmmm wrote:
BTW the dog DID Live to a ripe old age but only because they gave the dog to Mittpoo's sister as it kept ending up at the pound under Mitt's care. LUCKY for Seamus if elected he would be the first Pres I would be AGAINST having a white house pet. I wasn't crazy about the Obama's having a dog since they admitted to never having one
I'm not happy about Mitt either. I voted for Obama for the same reason you did....I can't stand Palin. Seems like every election year we get presented with NOTHING and NOBODY we want to vote for. I'm voting, but I'm just going to write in somebody. As for everything you said about Mitt being mean to his dog, I have not ready anything to support that, and these days, I'm not sure I would believe it if I did. From what I've witnessed, personally, some people give the appearance of being mean to animals when in fact, they are simply ignorant and don't bother to learn how to treat them. It happens more with domestic animals than with wild animals. Some people still "spank" their animals when they misbehave because they are ignorant. I could go on and on with this ignorance but I'm sure you get my point. I can't be too harsh with Mitt without knowing for certain what he has done and I don't believe I can trust the media to tell me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nnamdi Asomugha Discussions

Search the Nnamdi Asomugha Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Niners' Willis questionable against Texans (Oct '13) May '14 MichaelSam1987 2
Kerry Washington and Nnamdi Asomugha keep baby'... May '14 Reggie McWTF 3
Should the Oakland Raiders bring back Nnamdi As... (Nov '13) Nov '13 The_Solution 11
San Francisco 49ers get early pick-six against ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Belch 2
49ers Sign Nnamdi Asomugha, Illustrating Differ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 GBPmies 16
Asomugha agrees to deal with NFC power (Apr '13) Apr '13 The_Solution 14
What analysts are projecting for the Birds. (Apr '13) Apr '13 Vick Hater 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••