Denver Broncos fire coach Mike Shanahan

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 30, 2008, titled Denver Broncos fire coach Mike Shanahan. In it, Newsday reports that:

Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan was fired Tuesday. Mike Shanahan became the latest and most stunning victim of the NFL coaching purge, fired Tuesday by the Denver Broncos after a late-season collapse ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jim

AOL

#1 Dec 30, 2008
I thought he'd be in Denver forever!
Mike Shanahan

Littleton, CO

#2 Dec 30, 2008
So did I.
PSL Piggy

Bloomfield, NJ

#3 Dec 30, 2008
Part of the problem with longevity is that a person gets too comfortable with the situation. In this case, that comfort level enabled Shanahan to get involved in personnel decisions when maybe he is not as capable.

Shanahan is great with qb's and play calling. Maybe his weakness is on the defensive side as that has been the Broncos' downfall.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Niko Koutouvides Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New England Patriots Cutting Niko Koutouvides I... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mensans 1
News Broncos Release Six (Feb '09) Mar '09 broncos maniac 4
News Despite all the NFL trade hubbub, bottom line i... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Pimpsean 2
News Shanahan fired by Broncos after late-season col... (Dec '08) Jan '09 Buster Frank 4
News A much needed conversation with Shanahan (Dec '08) Dec '08 addaboy101 1
Football (Jan '08) Jan '08 Unknown 2
News Inside the Bears: Broken collarbone sidelines J... (Dec '07) Dec '07 Kurene seuvaai 1
More from around the web