Father-son reunion for Bears' Adams

Father-son reunion for Bears' Adams

There are 6 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 5, 2008, titled Father-son reunion for Bears' Adams. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Tears trickled down Anthony Adams ' face as he embraced the man in the beige coat.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

1bearsfan

Monticello, UT

#1 Oct 6, 2008
Hello Fellow Bear Fans: I am very happy for Adams & his family,god bless them & I wish them the best! I like to hear feel good stories like this.There is alot of good things that happen like this.But the media rarely writes about the good.They seem to think negativity is all that brings good ratings.That is not true though.I dont think I am the only one by a long shot,that likes to read stories like this.I really would like to read about all the good that happens around the N.F.L. I get sick of all the negativity & trash talk all the time.I am proud of the Bears,What a great game it was to watch.They have played good every game so far,other than some dumb mistakes that they have cleared up.We could be 5-0.We are in 1st place in our division now.I expect we will stay there & win the division.I predicted we would go 10-6 this year & win the division.But they could end up even better if they continue to improve.Babich has un-fairly & surprisingly taken alot of heat so far.He has done super job with our defense.Last year we were decimated with injuries he had no healthy players to coach.I love the aggressive style defense he is calling,that is Bear Football! Rivera never took advantage of the players we had,& never utilized our great linebackers.Remember the super bowl over 430 yards of which 190 yard were rushing!! That is why he lost his job & is still only a linebacker coach.I cant believe how many fans actually wanted him back??I keep thinking how the super bowl would have been better for us if Babich was coaching! Rivera sat the defense back & let the offense come to him.Instead of dictating to the offense & being aggressive like Babich is doing.We whipped the Colts this year cause Babich realizes you have to pressure manning.The defense is exciting to watch,Babich is doing a great job.Our O-line is a pleasant surprise,supposedly our weakness this year.they are holding their own.Orton is improving every week & is doing a fine job.Mendenhall who?? Forte looks to be the best back out of the draft.Great job Angelo.He reminds of of Brian Westbrook with his overall talent.Teams are starting to load up on him,he is getting respect & Orton is making the defense pay.I am disappointed how everyone was giving up on our Bears so early in the season though.Too many people only support under good circumstances.Sorry to ramble on.Take care fellow Bear fans! God Bless! BEAR DOWN!! GO BEARS!!

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#2 Oct 6, 2008
paragraphs.
Bill

Downers Grove, IL

#3 Oct 6, 2008
1bearsfan wrote:
Hello Fellow Bear Fans: I am very happy for Adams & his family,god bless them & I wish them the best! I like to hear feel good stories like this.There is alot of good things that happen like this.But the media rarely writes about the good.They seem to think negativity is all that brings good ratings.That is not true though.I dont think I am the only one by a long shot,that likes to read stories like this.I really would like to read about all the good that happens around the N.F.L. I get sick of all the negativity & trash talk all the time.I am proud of the Bears,What a great game it was to watch.They have played good every game so far,other than some dumb mistakes that they have cleared up.We could be 5-0.We are in 1st place in our division now.I expect we will stay there & win the division.I predicted we would go 10-6 this year & win the division.But they could end up even better if they continue to improve.Babich has un-fairly & surprisingly taken alot of heat so far.He has done super job with our defense.Last year we were decimated with injuries he had no healthy players to coach.I love the aggressive style defense he is calling,that is Bear Football! Rivera never took advantage of the players we had,& never utilized our great linebackers.Remember the super bowl over 430 yards of which 190 yard were rushing!! That is why he lost his job & is still only a linebacker coach.I cant believe how many fans actually wanted him back??I keep thinking how the super bowl would have been better for us if Babich was coaching! Rivera sat the defense back & let the offense come to him.Instead of dictating to the offense & being aggressive like Babich is doing.We whipped the Colts this year cause Babich realizes you have to pressure manning.The defense is exciting to watch,Babich is doing a great job.Our O-line is a pleasant surprise,supposedly our weakness this year.they are holding their own.Orton is improving every week & is doing a fine job.Mendenhall who?? Forte looks to be the best back out of the draft.Great job Angelo.He reminds of of Brian Westbrook with his overall talent.Teams are starting to load up on him,he is getting respect & Orton is making the defense pay.I am disappointed how everyone was giving up on our Bears so early in the season though.Too many people only support under good circumstances.Sorry to ramble on.Take care fellow Bear fans! God Bless! BEAR DOWN!! GO BEARS!!
_DiMz_ wrote:
paragraphs.

And, deep breaths.

Hmmmmm

United States

#4 Oct 6, 2008
I thought the emphasis on this story was ridiculous. I'm sure there are plenty of fathers who watch games and are proud of their sons and who have managed not to be criminals so they could be there for their sons throughout their lives. They are the ones who should be profiled, not someone who cared so little about his toddler son. And to claim genetics for his success? I saw that as his trying to stake a claim in Adams' success, he certainly can't claim being a role model or raising him.
LKing

Dallas, TX

#5 Oct 8, 2008
Hopefully Chris Williams will be able handle the LT position. St. Claire can the slide over to guard. Maybe then Forte will have more running room.

Since: Apr 08

Bartlett, IL

#6 Oct 8, 2008
I'm not exactly sure how or why I should be emotionally "moved" by the fact that this guys father most likely murdered or raped (or both) somebody?
He was jailed for 25 years (his entire sons life) thats something very serious there folks....you dont exactly get a quarter century of jail time for just "armed robbery" unless you had some serious priors....

If his son was not a pro-football player would this "father" even made the effort?

How does this drama help my Fantasy League or my water cooler discussion on the over under on the Falcons game? Better yet...Why is Oprah invading my Sunday football?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Roach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oakland Raiders happy with free-agency upgrades (Mar '15) Mar '15 Oakland Faders Sux 1
News Raiders agree to deal with free agent LB Malcol... (Mar '15) Mar '15 j_raiders 1
News Kevin Burnett Only Hurting Himself By Not Atten... (Jun '14) Jun '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 9
News Raiders Now Have a Full House at Linebacker (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News Raiders, Houston Texans reportedly discussing S... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Zild0405 12
News Raiders to get visit from Washington Redskins l... (Mar '14) Mar '14 RaiderNation 1
News Reggie McKenzie says Raiders have improved (Dec '13) Dec '13 Corran Horn 5
More from around the web