Lance Briggs is Bears' lone Pro Bowler

Dec 16, 2008 Read more: Chicago Tribune 42
Lance Briggs let out a sarcastic laugh when asked if his fourth consecutive selection to the Pro Bowl meant he was the unquestioned leader of the Bears' defense. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Forte Fan

Amery, WI

#1 Dec 17, 2008
Cannot believe Forte did not make it. Congrats to Briggs -- he IS the defensive leader.

WIN FALCONS! WIN BEARS!
BearsFan2

Bradenton, FL

#2 Dec 17, 2008
What? No Orton? Our QB for the future?
What a rip!

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha
Bosco

United States

#3 Dec 17, 2008
Forte should have at least been given alternate consideration. He's third in the league in yards from scrimmage.
CaptainObvious

AOL

#4 Dec 17, 2008
One Pro Bowler... could there be a more accurate indictment of Jerry Angelo, his drafts, and overall talent evaluation? Where are Okwo, Haynes, Bazooon, etc.? Earl Bennett? Beekman? Chris "pre-injured" Williams? Angelo must go.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#5 Dec 17, 2008
How the mighty have fallen. One probowl player. That is either an indictment against lame coaching, lame drafting or both.
Jake

Rochelle, IL

#7 Dec 17, 2008
The pro-bowl is a friggin joke. How did the NFL’s top rated QB, Phillip Rivers not make it? I think that was the biggest snub of all. It would have been awesome to see Matt Forte make it, but it is hard to beat out competition like Peterson, Portis, and Turner. I am holding out hope that Forte will win rookie of the year honors. With that said, there is some pretty stiff competition there too…
Believer

Libertyville, IL

#8 Dec 17, 2008
Another confirmation that the Bears defense is over the hill. Big names with big paychecks that are giving up big gains and big points.
Believer

Libertyville, IL

#9 Dec 17, 2008
Jake wrote:
The pro-bowl is a friggin joke. How did the NFL’s top rated QB, Phillip Rivers not make it? I think that was the biggest snub of all. It would have been awesome to see Matt Forte make it, but it is hard to beat out competition like Peterson, Portis, and Turner. I am holding out hope that Forte will win rookie of the year honors. With that said, there is some pretty stiff competition there too…
Forte has been good...not great. He's among the better rookies and among the better running backs but not in the elite class of either. He'd have better numbers if the Bears had an O line and a credible passing attack.
Lance Briggs

Aurora, IL

#10 Dec 17, 2008
Congrats to Thomas Jones as well! How about them apples, Cedric?!
new trier grad 03

Chicago, IL

#11 Dec 17, 2008
can't believe Harris is an alternate? LOL...what a joke. Good for Lance. AB deserved some consideration, as stated in prior posts.

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#12 Dec 17, 2008
Thank God the Urlacher, Kreutz, Hester and Harris DID NOT make it. For once, the totally useless Pro Bowl got it right; Briggs is the ONLY one deserving. Briggs is the onhly one who got paid and didn't turn into a turd.

“Stimulate THIS!”

Since: Aug 08

West Frankfort, IL

#13 Dec 17, 2008
ANGELO must go!! ANGELO must go!! This team is so old and overrated, especially the defense. When will Ted Phillips wake up?? Hey Phillips you dou-che, are you still alive up there in the Ivory Tower known as Halas hall. Hey useless Ted, get in your Bentley and just keep driving. Everybody will be better off. McChumps are asleep at the wheel---again!
Bear Lover

United States

#15 Dec 17, 2008
Wow, So. IL Bruno, you are SO on-target. It's so nice that there are some Bears fans that can see through the hero worship. I have to ask, are you as excited as I am for more years of his declining play, listening to him stumble through sentences with subjects and verbs and more legal problems with gold-digging baby momma?!
Dave

Conrad, IA

#16 Dec 17, 2008
There was a period of years (YEARS!) where the Bears had no pro bowlers. Having only one is a small indictment of the (mis)management, but so far, I'd say this season has been a pleasant surprise. Far better than I thought they'd do in, say, July.
Mike

Elburn, IL

#17 Dec 17, 2008
I lost a lot of respect for Briggs during his whole contract posturing (more driven by his agent, I know) and his off-field exploits. But he has definitely earned some back with me because the guy just shows up and plays hard, all-out, every play. Congrats to him.

Wouldn't have minded seeing D. Manning make it for his kick-returning exploits but he's only been at it for a few weeks. Maybe if a couple of guys drop out -- like they always do -- he could sneak in.
Arnie

Duluth, GA

#18 Dec 17, 2008
I still can't grasp the fact that Tommie " I'll give 100% on this play, I'll take 2 plays off, I'll give 100% on this play, I'll take 3 plays off" Harris and Brian "Babby Mamma" Urlacher are alternates While Alex Brown didn't get a mention.

Great Job Mr. Briggs you honored you contract... Hey Urlacher you under performed on your contract are you going to give some money back????
ATLDre

Covington, GA

#19 Dec 17, 2008
So IL Bruno wrote:
Hey number 54 Urlacher; you are an overrated bum wigga. Let's hope our brain-dead GM can trade your **** for a 4th round pick on draft day. After all, Sports Illustrated got it right; you are the most-overrated player in the NFL. YOu whined and belly-ached this summer; well you got your new FAT contract, and have NOT lived up to half of it. I'm giving my orange 54 jersey to my nephew as you are a BUM. The next Butkus? Try the next Tom Hicks.
What is a "wigga"? Is that a football related term used to describe bad play? Never heard it on any sports shows before.
Gex Rossman

United States

#20 Dec 17, 2008
This whole TEAM is overrated and deserving of a compete roster makeover, starting with Urlacher and Kreutz.

Gimme someone to throw to!
Mike in Vail

Saint Petersburg, FL

#21 Dec 17, 2008
So IL Bruno wrote:
Hey number 54 Urlacher; you are an overrated bum wigga. Let's hope our brain-dead GM can trade your **** for a 4th round pick on draft day. After all, Sports Illustrated got it right; you are the most-overrated player in the NFL. YOu whined and belly-ached this summer; well you got your new FAT contract, and have NOT lived up to half of it. I'm giving my orange 54 jersey to my nephew as you are a BUM. The next Butkus? Try the next Tom Hicks.
This is the rant of an uneducated fan that lives in the moment. True Urlacher and others have not played up to expectations this year. In Urlachers defense, those expectations have been built by his own dominating play over the first eight years of his career. He's lost a step and has back issues because of the way he's played. The big mistake was Angelo caving on the contract issue. Urlacher did nothing wrong. He played poker and won, period. That's business.
George

Chicago, IL

#22 Dec 17, 2008
Urlacher really disappointed me. When he was crying for his money, I was one of the boneheads that said we should pay him. I can't believe he played so poorly this year. He doesn't deserve to be an alternate. The defense as a whole (with the exception to Briggs) has played horribly for the most of this season.

After we payed them all, I'm hoping it's more of a coaching issue now. Get a knowledgeable or young fresh minded DC in here and let him take over. I think the Babich experience has run its course.

GO BEARS!!!! NFC NORTH CHAMPIONS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Roach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oakland Raiders happy with free-agency upgrades Mar '15 Oakland Faders Sux 1
News Raiders agree to deal with free agent LB Malcol... Mar '15 j_raiders 1
News Kevin Burnett Only Hurting Himself By Not Atten... (Jun '14) Jun '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 9
News Raiders Now Have a Full House at Linebacker (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 6
News Raiders, Houston Texans reportedly discussing S... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Zild0405 12
News Raiders to get visit from Washington Redskins l... (Mar '14) Mar '14 RaiderNation 1
News Reggie McKenzie says Raiders have improved (Dec '13) Dec '13 Corran Horn 5
More from around the web